• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Archie Sonic Mafia, Endgame: TBA (4/8/20)

I'm very sorry that I hadn't posted after people voted me. I couldn't say anything more after I died, but I need to get something straight: my inactivity had nothing to do with the game. In real life while I was in the game, I felt sick, not to mention that unforeseen work circumstances kept me from staying on the forum for too long at a time. For that reason, I was unable to reply to this thread and answer everyone's questions. I hope that this did not ruin everyone else's enjoyment of the game, because those weren't my normal activity levels. I will try my best to make sure this doesn't happen in the future.

Because of this, please do not use this game when trying to meta-read me. I'm currently trying out new styles of playing, and now I've decided that joining in on Random Voting Stage is not my style. Aren't all RVS votes pressure votes?

Question time!

Did you enjoy the game?
Unfortunately, I didn't because town lost. You have no idea how much losses haunt me. Even now, I feel horrible about losing in the Mentor Mafia game. Now I feel like a bad player because I lost both the games I played in. There hasn't been a town win in any game in months!
What do you think of the balance, now that you can see the actual roles and not a series of claims filled with lies?
Personally, I can't say anything about this because I'm a new player. I will say, though, that I decided not to spectate this game because I wanted to test out my scumreading skills.
As an experiment, I had day phases last 72 hours, rather than the traditional 48. What did you think of this change? Would you prefer 72 hour phases in future?
I liked the longer phases, as they gave me more time to think. I'd much prefer these 72 hour phases in the future.
What, if anything, would you change about the game?
While I was alive, I was trying not to lurk, but it was hard because I didn't have much to add to the conversation. I felt so stressed when people began pressuring me, and I was constantly paranoid that what I said seemed scummy in some way. I eventually gave up altogether, because I couldn't even figure out the motives behind my own actions. I could have been more confident in my posts. This is why I want to be a Vanilla Townie someday. There would be no power role status holding me back from helping town or contributing, and I would be not afraid of dying in any way.
It's not done yet, but did you enjoy what was there of the flavour text?
It was nice, but I hate when town loses, because then the mafia team will rule the world.
Would you like me to ping you once the rest of the flavour text is finished?
Sure. I'll be unlikely to read it though because good should always triumph over evil lol

Unfortunately, I didn't because town lost. You have no idea how much losses haunt me. Even now, I feel horrible about losing in the Mentor Mafia game. Now I feel like a bad player because I lost both the games I played in. There hasn't been a town win in any game in months!
You shouldn’t. Mentor mafia suffered from inactivity with the most active players being mafia outside of you. It also depends on the mentors as well. If mentors weren’t active then that means their players were left in the dust.

As for this game, it was a close one. And me and light were a dangerous combination. I get paranoid of Light. And I know people are often paranoid of me since it’s hard to tell my townplay from mafia play. You’re going to lose games and you’re going to win games. Don’t let the losses get you down, especially since the games are team play, so it won’t be entirely on you. It’s everyone and so many factors. Do use them as experience though for future games.

Lol! I told you guys Mido was scum but no one listened to me. I'll answer the questions later when I'm not busy at the moment.
-_- you do this literally every game. EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.

The only game you didn’t scumread me was when you were mafia. And you weren’t very active most of that game anyways.

• Did you enjoy the game?
Yea
but oh boy I had forgotten how stressful it is to have a good mafia aligned game
sorry if I stressed you out Mido lmfao

our buds kinda disappearing when we needed them the most like they were the fucking avatar didn't help much either
that aside it had pretty decent activity from all parties and I got to play with some of my favorite members again so yea that was dope

• What do you think of the balance, now that you can see the actual roles and not a series of claims filled with lies?
  • What, if anything, would you change about the game?
lmao
twas good I guess, I just always find bomb a bit awkward to deal balance with because if people are town reading it that's basically a -1 scum

investigative roles were a bit strong too, with basically 3 focused on it when we didn't have ninja, but I guess the Warper kinda worked as a second godfather so maybe it was balanced but idk, I feel like things could've gone differently if we hadn't killed them really early on lmao

the 2 indepts weren't much of an issue to me tbh since they were both kinda harmless and could work with town to win
I'm assuming feenie would just bail out if sonic got lynched or killed too so it's not like she was likely to stick around for -Lo
(sorry for killing pika that was randomized because we goofed up and used mido as the killer again, we were planning on killing HD that night)

I think maybe a consistent killing role to make things a bit faster and people a bit more paranoid is all the game needed, but I kinda get why not considering we had lovers

hmm, not sure
I was going to say Flavor help for scum so people didn't rely on that too much because I was a bit annoyed when that became the main convo point at D5? I can't really get mad at that since I do the same, but still
I guess we kinda just got a bit unlucky too because if Fatima (Pika 2.0) or Caps had flipped earlier that convo prolly wouldn't've happened since it would've been established some unusual characters were around

• As an experiment, I had day phases last 72 hours, rather than the traditional 48. What did you think of this change? Would you prefer 72 hour phases in future?
D1 will always be active
a l w a y s

I like the 72h formula and I feel like it could be implemented on the forums, people can always ask for a phase reduction if they want after all
I think some people said 72h in the beginning and reducing it to 48h after a certain threshold and I think that's a good idea

• It's not done yet, but did you enjoy what was there of the flavour text?
yea, great flavor as always

yessir

You know what I can’t comprehend.

@Pika_pika42 Why did you claim PGO instead of just aesetic? You wouldn’t have been nightkilled intentionally regardless, and it probably would have helped town instead of confusing them and being used as a tool for distraction.

Not to mention the “oh crap“ moment we had when we realized we targeted you and RC n1.

@Pika_pika42 Why did you claim PGO instead of just aesetic? You wouldn’t have been nightkilled intentionally regardless, and it probably would have helped town instead of confusing them and being used as a tool for distraction.
I was going to claim Ascetic itself but with Snowy being killed N1, I decided to twist my claim a bit to fool the mafia, maybe the Town got confused too, but I had a lot of fun playing that role which otherwise would have been a bit boring, so I have no regrets.

I’m curious i people would have believed my claim more if I had claimed beloved princess/singer?

And just want to say that @ExLight despite your paranoia, being in a scum team with you was awesome. Now I Jsut need a mafia where it’s me you Human and FA. My dream scum team where I can watch town squirm and crawl around pointlessly!

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes, I enjoyed the game. I called out on most of the mafia and all independent players, I didn't vote any town players and all of my votes were on scum. I tried the best I can on not getting night killed or lynched and I managed to pull that off well. For all town in future games please follow town Jinjo since 75% of the time her scum reads will be correct just like what happened in this game lol. :bulbaWave:

What do you think of the balance, now that you can see the actual roles and not a series of claims filled with lies?
This game looked scum sided for me seeing how there were 4 mafia, 2 independents, and town lovers that could have died easily.

As an experiment, I had day phases last 72 hours, rather than the traditional 48. What did you think of this change? Would you prefer 72 hour phases in future?
There were times when the game seemed to drag out with the 72 hours. On some days I liked the 72 hours and on other days I didn't like.

Yes, I enjoyed the flavor text.

oof, good job mafia. I'm never trusting Exlight again
  1. Did you enjoy the game?
not especially, but that was partly due to external reasons.
  1. What do you think of the balance, now that you can see the actual roles and not a series of claims filled with lies?
as mentioned, the game was geared more toward scum. there were some roles one doesn't normally see, so I do appreciate that, but still.
  1. As an experiment, I had day phases last 72 hours, rather than the traditional 48. What did you think of this change? Would you prefer 72 hour phases in future?
I grew to kinda like the 72 hours.
  1. What, if anything, would you change about the game?
no Lovers... i hate being Lover
  1. It's not done yet, but did you enjoy what was there of the flavour text?
sorry, did not get the chance to read it.
  1. Would you like me to ping you once the rest of the flavour text is finished?
Sure, then I could get around to reading it.

also @Lone_Garurumon could I get invited to the mafia chat too?

I'm very sorry that I hadn't posted after people voted me. I couldn't say anything more after I died, but I need to get something straight: my inactivity had nothing to do with the game. In real life while I was in the game, I felt sick, not to mention that unforeseen work circumstances kept me from staying on the forum for too long at a time. For that reason, I was unable to reply to this thread and answer everyone's questions. I hope that this did not ruin everyone else's enjoyment of the game, because those weren't my normal activity levels. I will try my best to make sure this doesn't happen in the future.

I know it's easier to say than it is to do, but try not to take it too personally. Everybody has off games and you can't always bring your A game, and that's ok. And as Mido said, the games are a team effort, so no single player is ever really responsible for the loss of their team. Just keep trying and you'll definitely hit your stride eventually.
@Lone_Garurumon Can I be invited to the mafia chat?
also @Lone_Garurumon could I get invited to the mafia chat too?
Sure, gimme one second and I'll get you both added

Did you enjoy the game?
I enjoyed the game earlier on but kind of got a bit stressed out later in the game where I performed most poorly.

I think it was a little unbalanced in favour of the mafia but think town could have still won if things had played out differently. Mido and Ex also played really well on the mafia team.

I wasn't a fan of the 72 hours myself as I felt the phases dragged on too long and I'd already said pretty much everything I had to say and made up my mind before the end of 48 hours in most phases.

Change back to regular 48 hour games and make one of the indep slots another town slot.

I haven't really read any of the flavour yet but will check it out.

Yes

Did you enjoy the game?
I did! I had fun. It got stressful at times, but it was enjoyable regardless. I also like being an independent, so that helps.

Kind of OP on scum's side.

I think the 72 hours phases were nice at first, but it seemed to just kind of drag on the game toward the end - when activity starts to dwindle, 48 hour phases are a lot more bearable.

I guess the overpowered-ness on scum's side.

I like it!

I'm pretty bad at keeping up with reading FT (in any game) but in the chance I would, I'd like you to please ping me.

Back
Top Bottom