• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Archives - Moving back sprites

Jello

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
It's been known for a while that our current way of doing back sprites is very limiting, in that we only show one back sprite for each generation, even though we're all aware there are differences between the sprites in each game. So, with that we've begun to move back sprites to a new naming standard:
Spr b [gen][game] ###.png i.e. Spr b 5b 600.png

Doing this requires a lot of work; we have a grand total of 4378 sprites to move, and have to make 4378 edits to update the summaries to include:
{{backsprite|185|Sudowoodo|all|III|Ruby and Sapphire}}
replacing Ruby and Sapphire with any of the following:
  1. Red and Blue
  2. Gold and Silver
  3. Crystal
  4. Emerald
  5. FireRed and LeafGreen
  6. Diamond and Pearl
  7. Platinum
  8. HeartGold and SoulSilver
  9. Black and White

I've handed out powers to some users who would be willing to help move, and I expect that they use their powers for this specific task well

That's not all! We need YOU to help us upload missing sprites. Most of the sprites are going to be from paired versions i.e. RB, GS, FRLG, HGSS, etc but for single versions, we won't have any, and we need your help uploading them.

Please lend a hand, as our current staff and volunteers are overworked and tired, and any help is appreciated.

Here are a few helpful links to help you get started:

Any questions, feel free to ask.
Thank you.

I don't understand any of this. I don't understand why a gen 4 back sprite is in a red and green catergory.:-/

possibly, but if we can get a lot of people to help, then it wont take long at all.

How are you going to get such a temporary mass army?
Oh, but it's a bad day when your only one of 2 people (that I know of) that are helping in the re-catergorizing.

Don't worry about that, Pika. If we ask to people for help, then we'll get them in no time.
And there are more than two people helping in the re-categorizing, I can count at least six people helping there, we still need more people.

Don't worry about that, Pika. If we ask to people for help, then we'll get them in no time.
And there are more than two people helping in the re-categorizing, I can count at least six people helping there, we still need more people.

:drowsy:To bad nothing by my eye has changed in the catergories since this morning. All the shinies are there and cleffa is still at the top of the non shiny list. Just how I remembered it.Maybe an angel will come.:angel: Back to work. still 3500+ left to go!

Hmmm, looks like someone else has got those sprites under control, now to chow down those shinys.

Last edited:
Yeah! I will be comitting myself to take down at least 300/400 of dem sprites. Good thing we got rid of the Red and Green category... but we need the Generation I sprites there. xD

Doesn't worry me, though; once we end with the Generation IV shinies and Generation V sprites, we'll do the Generation I sprites and we'll be finally done.

Also, welcome, s2daam even though I already greeted you. :p

So where are the Red Green sprites? Why aren't they in the category? I'm so tired, one big fat snow storm is really annoying...:drowsy: I wonder if every other bulbapedia user on the east side of canada/US was happy with that storm.:eh:

The Gen I sprites are still categorised as Gen I backspites - since they're actually the same in all the games in Gen I.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom