• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are humans technically Pokemon?

If people are pokemon then they could be caught in pokeballs just by being hit by one. So what there has never been anyone caught by a pokeball? I'm sure if people could be caught in pokeballs then Brock would have tried to catch every Joy and Jenny. Brings a whole new meaning to "Gotta Catch Them All!"

@TheCableGuy; Yeah, because according to the bible, the lord in the sky didn't create babies first - he created two fully grown adults. Then they gave birth to the upcoming humans. So it's not all that weird that Froslass would've originated first from humans.

Well, there's Origin myths and then there's just Absurdities.....

But, the point being is that even though myths told in the Pokemon world try to explain it's history, We can't take them all as "Gospel."
Much like our own world, people in the Pokemon World tend to exaggerate and let their Imaginations run a little wild.

Remember that we have since discredited many of the actual myths with in the Pokemon Universe.
Mew is no longer accepted as the sole progenitor of all Pokemon with-in the Pokemon world, for example.

That aside, ghosts pokemons seem to have a closer relationship to humans. Like the case of Yamask as well...

Funny because, with a few exceptions in the Pokemon Universe,
I got the impression that Ghost-Types tend to be some of the Most distant Pokemon in relation to Humans.

But, anyway, we sort of gotten of track of the original topic.
The notion was that, if Yamask and Froslass originated from Humans,
Does this make human's somehow closely enough tied to Pokemon to be considered Pokemon themselves?

I would have to say no. Even if a Pokemon originated from whatever is left behind when a human dies,
this would not make the Human any more a Pokemon
then it would make the Toxic waste that Koffing and Grimer were born of
or the bags of trash that Trubbish was granted life from Pokemon as well.

Last edited:
If people are pokemon then they could be caught in pokeballs just by being hit by one. So what there has never been anyone caught by a pokeball? I'm sure if people could be caught in pokeballs then Brock would have tried to catch every Joy and Jenny. Brings a whole new meaning to "Gotta Catch Them All!"

Humans created the pokeballs, thus they would've made it human-proof

I'd put them in a different class all their own, living things like humans but with enough differences to not be animals, plants, fungi, etc. They're in their own kingdom.

Humans and Pokémon are separate lifeforms. TheCableGuy has good theories about why is it said that some Pokémon came from humans and I agree with most of them.
My own theory is, that animals exist within the Pokémon world; Pokémon are part of a separate kingdom, just as plants are diferent from fungi or from bacteria. Pokémon are special because they share traits of all the kingdoms. Some share traits of plants, some of common animals. However, as the game is focused in the interaction between humans and Pokémon, so animals don't appear as they're not really important to the gameplay. The thing is that there are Pokémon that are based on lifeless objects like rocks, and even based upon human inventions, some of them very recent.
My theory on Pokémon based on inventions is that either those Pokémon adapted to look like those objects, or that they existed before those objects were invented and the inventions were instead based on those Pokémon. And my theory on Pokémon based on rocks, is that they have adapted to the conditions in which they lived, and they began to look like that for camouflage reasons for example. Plant-like Pokémon may also look like it for similar reasons.

I would think of humans and Pokemon as separate life-forms as well. Pokemon all count as one species, due to egg groups and entirely different "kinds" breeding with each other. (I'm looking at you, Skitty and Wailord) However, humans definitely don't seem to be the same as Pokemon, as even the Normal types could most likely use Flamethrower.

Humans are not Pokemon. I think that Pokemon and humans were created seperately and that the pokemon came first.

To me, humans and Pokemon are definitely two completely different, separated species. We do have some humanoid Pokemon that could suggest humans are Pokemon, but humans still seem as if they were meant to be their own species, and that one of them came first, and then the other somehow came along.

Humans are definitely NOT Pokémon. Some humanoid (or human-like) Pokémon like Hitmonchan and Chespin are not humans. Even tree-based Pokémon (Sudowoodo) are NOT trees.

Much like our own world, people in the Pokemon World tend to exaggerate and let their Imaginations run a little wild.
aren't the pokedex entries written or verified by a regions professor? in the games, we're not given an option to describe or write our entries of the Pokémon in question that we spot or catch in the pokedex or else the theory of all pokedex entry created by a clueless child pokemon trainer is true....

Remember that we have since discredited many of the actual myths with in the Pokemon Universe.
Mew is no longer accepted as the sole progenitor of all Pokemon with-in the Pokemon world, for example.
I am curious about what these mysteries you have discovered and debunked. Please elaborate on them for my interest.

According to PLA, the ability to shrink down is inherent to all Pokémon. Maybe that’s just the way they understood it back then. But unless that’s contradicted, and unless humans are for some reason shown to be able to do that, I’m gonna go with no

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom