• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are Leon, Raihan, and Sonia mentors for Ash, Go, and Koharu?

CometCartoons

Reaction score
Hey guys! Since the anime is coming back let’s talking about Leon, Raihan, and Sonia. I think these three are the adult versions of ash, go, and koharu. The reason I think that is because ash and Leon like to battle and are champions. Raihan and Go are more strategic and calm yet hot-blooded in battle. And Koharu and Sonia are spending their time trying to figure out what they want to do because they’re in the shadows of their professor relatives. Koharu used to love Pokémon but people kept judging her which made her act cold to Pokémon and Sonia used to love battling and was Leon’s rivals in the game when they were kids, but she gave up being a battler because she couldn’t handle people watching her battle on the gym stadiums. They’re both lost.

Nothing really implies that. Leon is an obstacle for Ash, Raihan is also obviously going to be a future opponent that Ash will need to beat and we don't have enough info about Sonia yet.

Well to be fair, Ash gets lost in places he's never been to before or completely new areas.

Leon gets lost in his own neighbourhood.

Actually, did Ash get lost often during his second trip around Kanto in the Battle Frontier season?

Nothing really implies that. Leon is an obstacle for Ash, Raihan is also obviously going to be a future opponent that Ash will need to beat and we don't have enough info about Sonia yet.
Leon isn’t Ash's obstacle, he’s Ash's target. His entire motive for the series is to defeat Leon and is clearly worded as such at the beginning of every episode. Raihan is the one who might be an obstacle to the goal, since he wants to do the exact same thing.

I do hope Go's journey for the saga ends at being an assistant to Sonia and hope to discover more about Pokemon. Him actually capturing a Mythical on screen (and the premier mythical too) seems... unfeasible.

Go is anything but hot blooded for battles. He has nowhere near the enthusiasm of Ssh, Raihan and Leon for them.
Yeah but his character description says he calm and calcutative yet can be hot blooded at times just like how Raihan is calm outside of battles and he’s a strategic battler that uses the weather to his advantage.

Would be fun, I personally love those plots of characters resembling their mentors. However, it doesn't seem like Ash needs a mentor right now, Raihan's promotion so far is centered about the battle angle, and both groups like in different regions which would make the interactions very rare and occasional, so it doesn't seem like an idea the writers have right now.

No. Koharu doesn't seem interested in research, and Raihan is just as excited about battling as Leon and Ash are. The best mentor for Go is probably Prof. Oak, although he looks after other trainers' Pokemon rather than his own.

Whilst I severely doubt it would happen, I actually wouldn't be opposed to it happening - just knock out Koharu entirely, make Gou Sonia's assistant and have Leon/Raihan be more than just targets for Ash to defeat, have him bond with them in a mentor/brotherly way so that when he inevitably faces off against them then there's real emotional weight to it like how in SW/SH you see Hop's face when he sees he's lost in the finals and it's heartwrenching or when you bust your starter out against Leon's Charizard and you feel how far you've come since he first gave it to you.

Basically, what I'm saying is please don't have them be placeholders for a Rank and actually take advantage of their characters.

Would be fun, I personally love those plots of characters resembling their mentors. However, it doesn't seem like Ash needs a mentor right now, Raihan's promotion so far is centered about the battle angle, and both groups like in different regions which would make the interactions very rare and occasional, so it doesn't seem like an idea the writers have right now.
Ok mentor might be the wrong word. I think reflection is better like those three are the adult versions of ash, go and koharu.

Yeah but his character description says he calm and calcutative yet can be hot blooded at times just like how Raihan is calm outside of battles and he’s a strategic battler that uses the weather to his advantage.
I’m not putting much stock into it since "calm and collected till angry" is a character trait that can be applied to >50% of characters in anime and real life, very few people are raging balls of enthusiasm and/or anger. Go isn’t a strategic battler.

Go's personality's main feature is also social ineptitude, which Raihan lacks.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom