• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are the Eeveelutions overrated?

They're not overrated, they were rated just right ;) Fans love them because its really cool that one pokémon can turn into all of these different things. I personally love Leafeon and Flareon the best. You can compose an entire team of them and win a lot of battles.

Tapatalk Signature? Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

I personally don't think Leafeon is terrible, but I guess it all depends.

The one thing about trying to get an Eeveelution in the games that bothers me is that unless Eevee is at a low enough level it won't learn decent moves right away. I think the Eevee you get in DPP is at lv 20 or so, Leafeon learn Razor Leaf and Glaceon learns Icy Wind at lv 17, so unless you breed Eevee it'll miss out on those moves and won't learn any other goos moves of its type until alter on or unless you use a TM or go to the Move Learner with a Heart Scale.

I personally don't think Leafeon is terrible, but I guess it all depends.

The one thing about trying to get an Eeveelution in the games that bothers me is that unless Eevee is at a low enough level it won't learn decent moves right away. I think the Eevee you get in DPP is at lv 20 or so, Leafeon learn Razor Leaf and Glaceon learns Icy Wind at lv 17, so unless you breed Eevee it'll miss out on those moves and won't learn any other goos moves of its type until alter on or unless you use a TM or go to the Move Learner with a Heart Scale.

That was the main problem when I played Platinum. I had SR like a million times to get a female Eevee from Bebe and leave it at the daycare to get Eevee eggs - all just to get it learn some decent moves. B2W2 did a good job in lowering the encounter levels of the Eevees, but unfortunately, you can't level up your Eevee right away because of the limited access to getting it to learn good moves until post-game.

I personally don't think they're overrated. Aside from Umbreon, all of them can hit reasonably hard (and even then, Umbreon is basically just going to be using Wish, Protect, and Heal Bell, so it's great for support). Plus, I feel like the allure of the Eeveelutions is that Eevee is one of the most unique Pokemon in the game due to its protean nature; it can evolve by friendship, stones, or leveling up in a specific location, and I think that's pretty cool. Aesthetically? Uh, I feel Umbreon is really overrated in that regard: it's a black dog with yellow rings around it. Congratulations, I guess. I like Vaporeon enough, but other than that I don't really care for them. I know absolutely nothing about fandoms, though, and I don't really care to know if the Eeveelutions get much attention in that sphere of the internet.

Hmm... no, I don't think they are. I think a better question would be: Are they over-used? You could say that Eevee didn't really deserve eight evolutions, and that other Pokemon could have had that opportunity instead, such as, say, Farfetch'd. I think if we're only going to get one Eeveelution next generation (Sylveon), then that'll show that Game Freak aren't focusing on the family quite as much as they used to.

Only some of the Eeveelutions are overrated (e.g. Espeon and Umbreon). I don't see why they are that popular besides Umbreon with its unique design out of the other ones. In fanfics and other art and stuff, it is way too overrated (especially Umbreon). I've checked on some sites and I found the Eevee (and other Eeveelutions) search yields more results than most other Pokemon. Underrated Eeveelutions are like... Leafeon and Glaceon.

Eevee is a pretty clever concept with a lot of variety, not to mention adorable! I know they've been heavily marketed in Japan in advance of Sylveon's release, but it's not as bad as Pikachu getting shoved down everyone's throats in every single thing.

In the games, they also can be great assets. I used a Vaporeon on my main Black 2 team and she became a reliable tank. I want to make an Eeveelution team in the future.

I would say no they're not except. Though this is coming from someone with an Umbreon in both his HeartGold team and Black 2 team. I really like the concept of the Eevee having many evolution of different types and I'd like to see at least 2 or 3 more. They all have unique designs and some ,like Umbreon and Vaporeon, are pretty useful and decent battlers. Based on my experience, Umbreon is an excellent tank and knows a good number of attacks for me to want to use it twice.

In a word, and in my opinion: yes. I think they qualify, mostly in the realms of fan art, fanfiction and roleplay. There's nothing wrong with that, though!

I personally find the Pokémon themselves quite adorable, but it does baffle me that they enjoy such a wealth of popularity when there are so many other Pokémon that have even better, or at least comparable, concepts or designs. Perhaps the simplicity is part of the charm, though, and the unique gimmick of them all coming from the same base form has no doubt contributed. One cannot deny that Eevee and its evolutions are visually to-the-point, solid and recognizable, and while their designs aren't particularly innovative or daring, they do do a fantastic job of combining undeniable cuteness with being really cool, and that is something a lot of people are bound to appreciate. (Or combining undeniable cuteness with undeniable cuteness, in Sylveon's case.)

I'll admit, sometimes I wish that a bit of all the Eeveelution love was extended to other Pokémon instead--but folks will like what they like!

Finally, just to touch on the subject: while my competitive battling is generally very casual (is that an oxymoron?), I do find Espeon, Umbreon and Vaporeon in particular to all be reliable companions with admirable and individual strengths. I don't think I would describe the Eeveelutions as overrated in that particular sphere in the first place, though.

I wouldn't say so. I think they're all quite useful in battle depending on how they're used. I admit that I don't didn't want any new eeveelutions after Sinnoh and I'm not particularly fond of Sylveon, but I think the others are all really cute. Though personally I wouldn't want any more because now I think it's getting kind of excessive.

They're overrated mainly due their singularity. They're also overrated because if you're looking for a specific type, one of Eevee's evolution can take the deal.

I think it's cool that Eevee has so many different evolutions, but do you think that it really needs so many and are the evolutions overrated? Battle wise in the games they're not that strong of battlers, or at least that's from my own experience. I think the best battler is Leafeon since it really helped me out in Platinum. Umbreon is probably my favorite altogether but there are batter Dark types to battle with. I'll admit I like the designs for a lot of them but I think that they should either stop at Sylveon or maybe give it 2 more evolutions and leave it at 10 since anything more than that will be too much.
Leafeon the best battler? I don't think so, he is the worse in my oppinion. Has acess just to poor moves.

I don't think so, compared to Pokémon like Pikachu nothing can be considered overrated to me personally.

I think that they might be more overhyped than overrated due to how much attention they get. It makes sense due to how many Pokemon Eevee can evolve into and the whole line is probably quite marketable, but it's still a bit much. I like most of their designs though. Espeon and Umbreon are my favorites since I like friendship evolution and they were both pretty good in my HG/SS teams. Sylveon has really grown on me, so I may like it after I raise on in X.

I love the Eeveelutions. I'm just hoping that someone will create a fanart of Sylveon in the art style of the other Eeveelutions.

Nope. They are overliked hehe which is not a bad thing. Still, Flareon tho needs deserving attention like the rest of them.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom