• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are the Frontier Brains Regarded As Being Stronger Than The Elite 4?

NeoKING

空前絶後
Reaction score
Thread title says it all.

Have the two groups ever been compared before in-game? I actually don't have a clue, but I think the Elite 4 would be stronger than the Frontier Brains.

I'd imagine not, mostly due to them not being as focused on as the E4. But then again, FB have been seen using Legendary Pokemon, something the E4 haven't done.......

I get the impression they're not much thougher than your average trainer, hence why they have to hide behind hundreds of normal trainers.

Animé wise I can say with confidence that the E4 are stronger then the Frontier Brains.
Game wise I cannot decide.

I get the impression they're not much thougher than your average trainer, hence why they have to hide behind hundreds of normal trainers.

How is that different from the Elite 4? They hide behind all their gym leaders, their gym trainers and random trainers throughout victory road. Definitely much more than the 21 you battle to get to them.

Its also not hiding. The Battle Frontier is a battling theme park, those facilities hold specialized tournaments.

They're probably on par with the Elite 4.

Well, Scott does call the Battle Frontier "a more formidable challenge", and deems the Frontier Brains to be "handpicked as the best Trainers he found anywhere". Of course, considering Scott is the founder and owner of the Frontier in Hoenn, it's just logical he hypes up his organism as the better one. Then we have Drake talk about the Battle Frontier, encouraging the player to go face them at the Pokémon League "if they want truly challenging battles".

Though gameplay-wise, the Battle Frontier, and by extension, the Frontier Brains, are way tougher, I guess that in more realistic terms, they're both around the same level.

I agree. The E4 and the Brains are equally tough, game and anime wise.

Maybe not anime-wise, seeing how Ash has been able to win the pseudo-Battle Frontier challenge* but has never been able to KO even one Pokemon of any Elite 4 member he has ever challenged.

*I say this because Ash's(the anime's) Battle Frontier challenge wasn't how the Battle Frontier really was. It was somewhat similar, but his challenge wasn't like how Emerald's was in the Adventures manga, which was much closer to how the real Battle Frontier challenge is.

the batlle hall materon always uses something your supereffective against, if thats tough, i'm a monkey's uncle

Then we have Drake talk about the Battle Frontier, encouraging the player to go face them at the Pokémon League "if they want truly challenging battles".

It sounded more like he was just being boastful, much like how Scott was making his trainers seem really strong.

Generation IV's frontier was created by Professor Oak (or so I am told), so they probably are the best of the best.

Maybe not anime-wise, seeing how Ash has been able to win the pseudo-Battle Frontier challenge* but has never been able to KO even one Pokemon of any Elite 4 member he has ever challenged.

The only time Ash has battled(as far as I know) an Elite Four member is when he wasn't at his strongest. It's not like a Frontier battle, where(i think) he had re-matches and his pokemon were as ready as they could be. For example, Ash's buizel challenging Lucian was out ofthe blue, not like a Frontier Battle that Ash prepares for for a month it seems. Understand where I'm going?

Ash's Pikachu not making much of a dent on Flint's Infernape when they've battled through how many regions?

Ash's Pikachu not making much of a dent on Flint's Infernape when they've battled through how many regions?

Just to add, this is 165 episodes into the DP saga. This isn't near the beginning where he was 'powered down' for lack of a better description.

I like to think of the fronteir brains as tough as the E4, but don't take the fame as seriously and prefer a quieter lifestyle with less challengers.

To me, E4 are "normal" trainers while FB abuse of the ability to manipulate Pokémon DNA (Or whatever it's used to power them down to LV50 and transform them into data for easy storing) to change their Pokémon's levels to match the level your using.

Therefore the E4 are stronger, because they train their Pokémon and love them and don't manipulate their DNA to a level where is impossible to know their real levels, and this applies to other trainers in the BF and, in some cases, the Payer Character him/herself.

In Emerald they are indeed stronger than the E4...in Platinum and the Johto remake they're about the same level as the E4

Well, they end up stacking the deck against you the farther you go in the BF, with that I'd say they're the strongest because they cheat.

A man actually prooved this when he hacked speedy pokemon with OHKO moves and some ability that made them never miss, after a little while, the opponents pokemon had abilities that negated OHKO moves - regardless on what they were.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom