• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are there any type combinations/concepts you want to see in future games?

Come to think of it, he have yet to have a ghost/rock type. Maybe it could be a fossil Pokémon that has the ghost typing as a result of the revival process being screwed up slightly. It’s morbid yes, but it wouldn’t be the first Pokémon to have a disturbing backstory.

I also wonder what a Steel/Poison type would look like.

I wanted Stakataka to be that. It would have also upheld the trend of version exclusive counterpart UBs sharing types.

I really want to see a Fire/Electric Pokemon based on lasers, preferably a feline like cheetah or a bird Pokemon, with crazy speed and special attack stats.
in my case Rabbit starter with indian motive.
could see cheetah althoug wanted steel/electric.
Bird could be a Indian peafowl but with lighting bolds and fire.
maybe a devil like lizard hobgoblin?

Would be good to have something different then Gengar after so many generations. Interesting would be rivalry or team play of this two if it ever gets created of course.

though about a ice bug line but:
-Ice worms (if a bug/ice that could lets say gain something in terrrains)
- Gynaephora groenlandica, the arctic woolly bear moth, is an erebid moth endemic to the high ... Arctic woolly bear moth (could be a 3 stage line)
- Grylloblattidae, the icebugs, or ice crawlers, is a family of extremophile and wingless insects that live in the cold on top of mountains and the edges of glaciers. They belong, along with Mantophasmatidae, to the order Notoptera. (this ones would be fast)

though about a ice bug line but:
-Ice worms (if a bug/ice that could lets say gain something in terrrains)
- Gynaephora groenlandica, the arctic woolly bear moth, is an erebid moth endemic to the high ... Arctic woolly bear moth (could be a 3 stage line)
- Grylloblattidae, the icebugs, or ice crawlers, is a family of extremophile and wingless insects that live in the cold on top of mountains and the edges of glaciers. They belong, along with Mantophasmatidae, to the order Notoptera. (this ones would be fast)
I had an idea for an ice bug. Inspiration actually comes from animal crossing. It's a dung beetle that rolls snow instead of, well, you know. It could be a cute bug, with little mittens on its feeties :3

I had an idea for an ice bug. Inspiration actually comes from animal crossing. It's a dung beetle that rolls snow instead of, well, you know. It could be a cute bug, with little mittens on its feeties :3

great idea , would use current ice moves well enough. Hmm they could even make it learn First Impression.
But maybe we will get more ice/bugs like we got ghost/grass pokemon? would be better in my opinion.
I would make each ice/bug strong in it's own special ways.
One could be fast, one slow, one use perish song and sound move.
I imagined the moth bc of move Powder, sound moves(+ice type version of will-o-wisp as sound).
I think they have more possibilities if they think enough.
and a draning dragon type move? could be interesting. We have heal block, abilities that cause loosing hp when you try to drain them.

Last edited:
what about different warrior and sport classes?

we have sumo , kung fu , fighters, ninjas, sword fighters , wrestler and other sport athletes but does evey type got their own already? cowboys, amazons, indians, aztecs, vikings, druids and so on?

what combat style and sports could be used?

Kommo-o is a warrior and Passimian is based on rugby (?).

read the whole question 1. 2 try to be innovative more.
Havaian warrior precisely said.

Count better how many sumo, knights, samurai, swordsman and ninja we have and if every type got's it own already?

I like Jynx, Mr. Mime and Incineroar. A sports inspired pokemon is actually likely considering how there's the 2020 Tokyo Olympics coming.

That has too much potential to result in creepy human like Pokemon in vein of Jynx and Mr. Mime. Plenty of people don't like Incineroar's design, to say the least.

a spear throwing pokemon? that could jump also high with it.
a disc throwe?
a iron ball thrower?
a speedy runner?

what else we don't have? many fighting sports are still unused.

a spear throwing pokemon? that could jump also high with it.
a disc throwe?
a iron ball thrower?
a speedy runner?

what else we don't have? many fighting sports are still unused.
Pokemon actively using sharp weapons they built doesn’t really fit their nature. Unless they are Passimian/Oranguru-like, but even so...

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom