• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Are there any type combinations/concepts you want to see in future games?

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
We don’t really need a ‘speedy runner’ it’s vague enough that we’ve lots of them already.

BigBadButterfree

the Destroyer
Reaction score
Lol I always thought ground/fairy would make a good type for a gummy worm Pokemon.

Dieter

Dieter
Reaction score
I feel like a ground/fairy type could make for a good troll pokémon too. Maybe with a reference to the Moomins in its design?

Reaction score
I had this idea for a Dark/Bug type. It would be the early route bug, but evolve a bit later along the lines of Scolipede. It is based on an earthworm, and the last evolution looks a bit like a skull with it's body looking like a spine.

Look, I know this sounds a bit E D G Y, but I think it would fit with the typing. Anyone else got an idea for Bug/Dark?

prog rocker

Reaction score
Well, seeing how we got things like Darkrai, Houndoom, Chandelure, etc. I don't see your idea edgy at all. Although I would have preferred something that is not an earthworm.

Dieter

Dieter
Reaction score
I had this idea for a Dark/Bug type. It would be the early route bug, but evolve a bit later along the lines of Scolipede. It is based on an earthworm, and the last evolution looks a bit like a skull with it's body looking like a spine.

Look, I know this sounds a bit E D G Y, but I think it would fit with the typing. Anyone else got an idea for Bug/Dark?
Nah, hardly. I guess it depends on the lore. And the region it's introduced in, I guess. Like Honedge, which is said to be a possessed sword is found in a region that has seen several wars.

Bob Fizzle

OBEY THE BEARD
Reaction score
GameFreak, tears in its eyes, cancels plans to introduce the Pizza type.
I only said no more 'mons based on food.

And besides, wouldn't a pizza type just be like 3 different types on top of a normal type?

Zeosan

Reaction score
Like with the majority of members here, I'm really wanting a Normal/Ghost type for something - it just have lot of potential to be really good! Three immunity and only one weakness.

It could be some sort of zombie-like Pokemon or maybe even as a 8th gen new split-evolution for Yamask.

Gengarzilla

Intangible Interdimensional Interloper
Reaction score

I have not so much an idea for the Pokémon itself, but something I've wanted to see is another early bug split evolution line where one final form is Bug/Psychic and the other is Bug/Dark. What comes out of that cocoon depends on the time of day.

prog rocker

Reaction score
I have not so much an idea for the Pokémon itself, but something I've wanted to see is another early bug split evolution line where one final form is Bug/Psychic and the other is Bug/Dark. What comes out of that cocoon depends on the time of day.
Well, at least it would be better than Wurmple, since its evolution depends completely on RNG. In fact, I think this is how they should have handled Wurmple.

Bob Fizzle

OBEY THE BEARD
Reaction score
Well, at least it would be better than Wurmple, since its evolution depends completely on RNG. In fact, I think this is how they should have handled Wurmple.
It took me way too long to figure out that Wurmple's evolution wasn't based on time of day at all. It made so much sense to me that Dustox was a nighttime evolution given Cascoon's darker color and the fact that Dustox is a moth.

Agreed, though, that more day/night split evolutions would be neat. My only reservation is that it might be annoying for some players to get one of the forms depending on their schedule...