• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are there any type combinations/concepts you want to see in future games?

It took me way too long to figure out that Wurmple's evolution wasn't based on time of day at all. It made so much sense to me that Dustox was a nighttime evolution given Cascoon's darker color and the fact that Dustox is a moth.

Agreed, though, that more day/night split evolutions would be neat. My only reservation is that it might be annoying for some players to get one of the forms depending on their schedule...
Idk about other people, but that confused me as well for one reason: I had the "official Pokemon advanced handbook" for the gen 3 Pokemon and in it they erroneously say that wurmple's evolutions are based on time of day.

It took me way too long to figure out that Wurmple's evolution wasn't based on time of day at all. It made so much sense to me that Dustox was a nighttime evolution given Cascoon's darker color and the fact that Dustox is a moth.

Agreed, though, that more day/night split evolutions would be neat. My only reservation is that it might be annoying for some players to get one of the forms depending on their schedule...

Well, you can change the time in your console, which is what I feel most people would do unless they play Animal Crossing or other games that screw you up if they do that.

Idk about other people, but that confused me as well for one reason: I had the "official Pokemon advanced handbook" for the gen 3 Pokemon and in it they erroneously say that wurmple's evolutions are based on time of day.
Was that the handbook that misspelled Medicham as Medicharm and put Tentacool's moveset instead of Torchic's?

Well, you can change the time in your console, which is what I feel most people would do unless they play Animal Crossing or other games that screw you up if they do that.

Was that the handbook that misspelled Medicham as Medicharm and put Tentacool's moveset instead of Torchic's?
Yes for Medicharm, unsure about Torchic. I know I also recall seeing in that book that Milotic could learn the move "Water Fun," an obvious typo.

I wish that we get a Fire/Electric and Ice/Electric that’s not named Rotom.
Bonus if they're mammalian, and not based on inanimate objects.

I briefly mentioned it in another thread, but I would have liked to see Heliolisk as a fire/electric type that could abuse either sun or rain. Weather abusers are some my favorite 'mons, and I would love to see something that can abuse multiple weather conditions.

A Fire/Ice Type would also be welcome.

A Meloetta-esque ice/fire type would be neat, but I don't think Game Freak wants to get sued by George R. R. Martin...

Well, Bruce Lee has been parodied everywhere, so I guess they are just used to that. Examples include Fei-Long from Street Fighter and both Marshall and Forrest Law from Tekken. I think Tiger Mask is in a similar territory, since they have not sued Tekken for making King.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom