• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Are there any type combinations/concepts you want to see in future games?

BigBadButterfree

the Destroyer
Reaction score
It took me way too long to figure out that Wurmple's evolution wasn't based on time of day at all. It made so much sense to me that Dustox was a nighttime evolution given Cascoon's darker color and the fact that Dustox is a moth.

Agreed, though, that more day/night split evolutions would be neat. My only reservation is that it might be annoying for some players to get one of the forms depending on their schedule...
Idk about other people, but that confused me as well for one reason: I had the "official Pokemon advanced handbook" for the gen 3 Pokemon and in it they erroneously say that wurmple's evolutions are based on time of day.

prog rocker

Reaction score
It took me way too long to figure out that Wurmple's evolution wasn't based on time of day at all. It made so much sense to me that Dustox was a nighttime evolution given Cascoon's darker color and the fact that Dustox is a moth.

Agreed, though, that more day/night split evolutions would be neat. My only reservation is that it might be annoying for some players to get one of the forms depending on their schedule...
Well, you can change the time in your console, which is what I feel most people would do unless they play Animal Crossing or other games that screw you up if they do that.

Idk about other people, but that confused me as well for one reason: I had the "official Pokemon advanced handbook" for the gen 3 Pokemon and in it they erroneously say that wurmple's evolutions are based on time of day.
Was that the handbook that misspelled Medicham as Medicharm and put Tentacool's moveset instead of Torchic's?

BigBadButterfree

the Destroyer
Reaction score
Well, you can change the time in your console, which is what I feel most people would do unless they play Animal Crossing or other games that screw you up if they do that.

Was that the handbook that misspelled Medicham as Medicharm and put Tentacool's moveset instead of Torchic's?
Yes for Medicharm, unsure about Torchic. I know I also recall seeing in that book that Milotic could learn the move "Water Fun," an obvious typo.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I wish that we get a Fire/Electric and Ice/Electric that’s not named Rotom.
Bonus if they're mammalian, and not based on inanimate objects.

A Fire/Ice Type would also be welcome.

Bob Fizzle

OBEY THE BEARD
Reaction score
I wish that we get a Fire/Electric and Ice/Electric that’s not named Rotom.
Bonus if they're mammalian, and not based on inanimate objects.
I briefly mentioned it in another thread, but I would have liked to see Heliolisk as a fire/electric type that could abuse either sun or rain. Weather abusers are some my favorite 'mons, and I would love to see something that can abuse multiple weather conditions.

A Fire/Ice Type would also be welcome.
A Meloetta-esque ice/fire type would be neat, but I don't think Game Freak wants to get sued by George R. R. Martin...

prog rocker

Reaction score
Well, Bruce Lee has been parodied everywhere, so I guess they are just used to that. Examples include Fei-Long from Street Fighter and both Marshall and Forrest Law from Tekken. I think Tiger Mask is in a similar territory, since they have not sued Tekken for making King.