• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are there any W.C.S focused fanfics (and if not why?)

KrspaceT

Reaction score
I feel like the old song and dance of 'The W.C.S battles of Journeys are good on paper but they are executed poorly' is well said at this point on the anime thread. Usually with a bit of Goh salt.

Despite the solutions to it honestly being the very things fans always say they want (old mons and old characters +++) I don't really think I've seen a ton of fics that really do it. The only story I've seen that actually does is Infinity Train Blossoming Trail: A story I A: Co-write since the time you start having Pignite joining Farfetch'd and Riolu against Bea in 3 v 3 and B: doesn't focus on that part much and is more a story that tries to do runaway/betrayal/accusation fic stuff better (where my job is more reminding the writer to have more characters tell Chloe that X is her own fault to make the gray and gray work better).

....Why is that? I've seen more fics that just have Ash go do the league in Galar than the W.C.S but better/'better'. OR have I just been looking in the wrong places.

Maybe people dislike the WCS so much that they see no point in trying to fix it, or maybe they're waiting for someone to do it for them. Idk, I really don't know much about Pokémon: Journeys or the WCS. I'd love to read/write WCS stories, and it seems like a fun way to return to old characters, but I have neither the time, motivation, nor knowledge to write it.
Maybe I'm part of the problem.

They may not appear at all. I remember there was a distinct dearth of Alola-based fanfics all the way through Generation VII - both here and on fanfiction.net
Now that you mention it I sort of feel like most of the stuff I recall seeing appear recently are either Kanto or Kalos (and sometimes Kanto with Serena) rather than Alola, Galar, or PWC.

What, exactly, does the WCS do wrong, out of curiosity?

The main hiccup I see are more in potential than anything else: theoretically Ash can battle anyone with any of his Pokemon to be part of it. Everyone from A.J to Zinnia and Paul to Mandi. So the problem anime watchers would have is 'not doing that'.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom