• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are these pokemon ok to build a team around?

Zeldapsychology

Reaction score
I'm VERY NEW to creating a team IV's Ev's etc. My team idea is the following

Sylveon

Lopunny MEGA

Hydregion

Volcarona

and 2 more (Not sure what though)

Sadly the used legendaries I have that I pulled up on Somgon have SHITTY IV's so THEY ARE OUT! (AKA Genie trio and Zapdos SHIT IV's)

Other pokemon I would need there hidden ability and they aren't catchable in ORAS (only have my X game replayed up to badge 3).

So far I have a 3 IV Eevee and a 4 IV eevee sadly both male! 1 with the Hidden ability and 1 shiny SHIT IV's though but HEY A SHINY! Shit Ditto IV's so that's OUT of the breeding group.

Caught around 20 Eevee's and that's what I have so far to show for it. 4 IV was a wonder trade and 3 IV was after breeding with the SHIT Ditto.

Thanks team builders for the help. Should I give up on catching now??? LoL!

BTW (I transferred from my X version and traded on these forums and caught EVERYTHING up to 719 between those methods. Never thought to look at legendary IV's before catching them or anything like that. Traded up from X to AS and have pokemon I want to use WITHOUT there hidden abilities or wrong nature shit IV's etc. and are now not catchable in ORAS.

By any chance can you give us details on the Pokemon's movesets and items, and your preferences for the last 2 Pokemon? And to clarify: is this team intended for Smogon Singles or another format? That can help us figure out what direction you want to take the team and assist you better, thanks :)

Though I dabble on both, I'm more of a breeder than a battler so I'd say never give up on catching/breeding Pokemon :p I do understand that it can get daunting when you just start breeding...make sure that you have the items necessary to improve your breeding and you can check out the Trade Station for good IV parents. I am also known to do breeding requests on a whim so if it's nothing too crazy I can try to oblige...best of luck!

I just looked around Smogon for top pokemon and now am watching a 2nd place winner Cyberproductions youtube videos to get an idea of what the popular to use pokemon are. So I'd say doubles since it's official VGC stuff. With moves I was just looking around Smogon and using the natures etc. of the type of pokemon I wanted. My normal non competitive gameplay is I like to HIT LIKE A TANK and take the enemy out (nothing beats mowing down the elite 4 with a legendary). Also I know a couple of my Pokemon have speed and some ok attacks to hit good (not specially hard which I like that too.) Haven't even started on moves or anything yet First IV's Then EV's then Moves then HOPEFULLY Battle Masion get to get BP and get the items I need unless I can trade for those here too. I got the power items I traded here for those though so I can transfer 1 IV atleast and Flame body Catching O power so I'm in good shape with breeding just need great IV pokemon is all.

Since I'm just starting with catching Eevee I don't want to hear my other teammates aren't good and waste the time catching them and breeding for IV's IF I should be picking totally different pokemon. My Aim is SPEED and HIT LIKE A TANK.

It's good that you're doing research into what Pokemon are being used out there, a good next step to take is understanding why those Pokemon are used to get a feel of how you can plan your strategy when you make your team.

A suggestion would be to completely map out your team before you get to building them, it's good to see a complete picture of your team so you can pick at anything you want to change before it's too late. If you're planning on having Sylveon on the team, look into what moveset/role you want it to be running so you can get a foothold on the direction of the team. From there you can work on how you acquire your team to see if there's any special breeding you need to do (hidden Abilities, tutor/egg moves) and any items you'd need to collect.

If you're going to use this team in VGC, I wouldn't recommend Volcarona. It doesnt have a high enough reward for the risk it carries being double weak to Rock Slide and not enough speed to outrun Terrakion nor a reliable move to counter it. If you want to use a Fire-type, Arcanine or Rotom-Heat are both good choices, though it's as sharkershocker says: Figure out the roles of each Pokemon on your team before deciding on the lineup. Pokemon Showdown is great for experimenting, since you don't need to re-breed to change IVs or retrain to adjust EVs, etc.

From my Smogon research I know with Hydregion it's not the most powerful health wise but come in turn one Draco meteor OHKO then pull him out insert another pokemon. Also 99% of Sylveons use Hyper Voice and Sylveon has some bulk so she can take a hit or two which is good. I saw MEGA Lopunny on a cyberproduction video and he suggests at least ONE Mega. I'll replace Volcarona but with what I'm not sure. for my main 6 I'm looking for HEAVY HITTERS! Psychic and Psybeam and Earthquake are OP in regular play take those and apply them with a good competitive team set up and slaughter everything if you play right. I know Thandourous T form (with right IV's) Sadly my 2 I have have SHIT IV's Earthquake Rockslide over and over if you can get it in is GREAT! So heavy hitters is what I was wanting for my team.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom