• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are they ever gonna show Sobble and Grookey in action?

Imagine if Raboot actually left Gou for real and he ended up with another Galar starter while Raboot joins one of Satoshi's more competent and battle oriented rivals. It would be like the plot with Shinji/Paul and Chimchar except everything is reversed. After all Shinji ended up with a different Sinnoh starter as his "main" than the one he was initially advertised with.

But I seriously doubt that is going to happen. Main characters aren't allowed to be as flawed as characters like Shinji.

So the summaries and titles for episodes 21, 22, and 23 just came out and it looks like we'll be waiting even longer for Grookey and Sobble to debut. This is getting old. Surely the writers are aware of our concerns?

It's possible if people are complaining about it on the Japanese Twitter for the series. As much as I'd rather see Grookey and Sobble appear sooner rather than later, I'm sure that we'll get them eventually. They're two of the newest starters and they are featured in the opening theme along with all of the other starters. They'll be in the anime at some point.

Imagine if Raboot actually left Gou for real and he ended up with another Galar starter while Raboot joins one of Satoshi's more competent and battle oriented rivals. It would be like the plot with Shinji/Paul and Chimchar except everything is reversed. After all Shinji ended up with a different Sinnoh starter as his "main" than the one he was initially advertised with.

But I seriously doubt that is going to happen. Main characters aren't allowed to be as flawed as characters like Shinji.
Except that Go has been associated so much with the Scorbunny line that it’s the secondary mascot. It’s like Dawn's Piplup.
And in the parallel universe where Raboot goes to someone else, it should be Ash since he’s the one who tried to help it learn ember, and increased its desire to battle.

Honestly, Sobble and Grookey should have appeared within the first 5 episodes. It seriously bugs me that they haven't given Sobble and Grookey any attention yet, despite them being the most marketable Pokemon and the anime usually having the starters appear within the first few episodes.

Hype!

View: https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/1246733635387973632

PokemonAnimeSobble.jpg

Also, Grookey was finally seen in the ending, so we might be getting Grookey soon too:

View: https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/1246792521226678275

I'm just happy that Sobble will finally be appearing soon, hopefully before episode 30. I'm just glad the writers remembered these Pokemon exist. Also, it sounds like Ash will be the one getting Sobble, which makes it even better. I'm really looking forward to this!

I didn't realize that Grookey was next to Dusk Lycanroc during the ending theme. That does give me more hope that Ash will eventually capture one. It looks so adorably happy during that ending theme too. I am still happy that Ash is going to get Sobble though. I like Grookey and Scorbunny more, but Sobble is cute and I think its evolved forms are really cool. Plus, Ash getting a Galar starter is still really good. I never liked the notion that he couldn't get unevolved Pokemon because of catching Dragonite and Gengar first, so seeing Ash get two unevolved Pokemon, including a baby Riolu, is great.

Well this thread seems to have and expiration date.

By my calculations it seems it will debut between episodes 25-30.

Better late than never.

Well this thread seems to have and expiration date.

By my calculations it seems it will debut between episodes 25-30.

Better late than never.
Well there's still Grookey. We don't know when it will debut. I agree that episodes 25-30 are very likely possibilities for Sobble's debut. I suspect Grookey will follow a little after that, hopefully not too far after Sobble's first appearance. Then we'll be debating whether Ash will get it or not, lol.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! A Grookey right next to Ash's Riolu egg AND a Dusk Lycanroc?! Does this means what I think it means? Oh, please, in the name of Arceus, let this mean what I think that means!
That would also mean that Ash would get Cramorant and Togepi, and I don't know if Ash would get those, and endings have been misleading before, as one SM ending showed Ash using the Psychicium Z dance with Mimey and Jessie using the Normalium Z dance with Bewear, even though neither character got the associated crystal, and Ash never even used Mimey in a battle until Episode 7 of this saga.

That would also mean that Ash would get Cramorant and Togepi,
No since they weren’t featured with Ash's egg. Only 3 Pokémon were in that segment- 2 of which belong to Ash and the third one is Grookey.

and I don't know if Ash would get those, and endings have been misleading before, as one SM ending showed Ash using the Psychicium Z dance with Mimey and Jessie using the Normalium Z dance with Bewear, even though neither character got the associated crystal, and Ash never even used Mimey in a battle until Episode 7 of this saga.
Those happened because there was no psychic type on the main cast. And anyway, no one said it was 100% likely that Ash would get those. I don’t know why you’re such a huge fan of destroying speculation or establishing false equivalence to ruin them.

It's weird that they waited so long with introducing the starters. Usually they showcase as many new Pokémon as possible in the first few episodes and tries to get you into a "mood". I think this series lacked this so it's a little hard to get a "feel" for Galar if that makes any sense.

Especially if we compare to previous seasons like Kalos (Mega evolution, the new romance with Serena and Satoshi jumping off the tower) and Alola (focus on the school setting and building relationships). They just jumped straight to the fillers this time.

There is no "Wow! Look at this new region and all the new Pokémon!" so it's difficult to feel hyped.

I hope that Grookey or Sobble will get arcs similar to Satoshi's other starters like Infernape and Greninja.

Is it me or do anime Sobble's phalanges on it's hands and feet look a little weird when compared to what they look like in SwSh? I don't know, just something about them in the anime looks a little off to me. It's a minor complaint, but it's something that's bugging me a little.

Edit: Also, I don't know if it's just me, but it's tail looks a little bigger than usual too.

Last edited:
I guess Sobble's appearing soon but it doesn't give me a sense of relief because now I'm going to dread seeing it in the cast if it evolves into Inteleon.

I guess Sobble's appearing soon but it doesn't give me a sense of relief because now I'm going to dread seeing it in the cast if it evolves into Inteleon.
If I were to guess, it probably will evolve. Best to enjoy whatever screen time Sobble gets when the time comes. I'm just happy that I'll finally get to see one of my favorite Pokemon in action soon.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom