• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are we going to see Kalos in the Post-game?

Is it possible to revisit Kalos region in the Post-game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 44 86.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, Gamefreak chose these presumably rehashes over D/P remakes (for now), but the price tag still doesn't change. I already spent $40 on Sun. Ultra Sun needs to do something substantial to justify spending $40 again.

Can we really be certain that they chose to make US/UM over D/P remakes? We don't know if that was on the table for this generation, so making that assumption seems a bit much to me.

Can we really be certain that they chose to make US/UM over D/P remakes? We don't know if that was on the table for this generation, so making that assumption seems a bit much to me.

That's not what I mean. I mean that right now they chose to develop US/UM instead of D/P remakes.

That's not what I mean. I mean that right now they chose to develop US/UM instead of D/P remakes.

Maybe it's still the wording throwing me off. It still sounds like assuming that they could have done either US/UM or D/P remakes within this generation, or at least this year, and I don't know about that.

No gamefreak wants you to buy more games so they won't give you two regions anymore

No gamefreak wants you to buy more games so they won't give you two regions anymore
They literally repackage the same region as a third version/sequel in every generation (except for Kalos) so I don't really think "they want you to buy more games" is a valid reason for that.

Kalos is the new Hoenn, isn't it? We're going to have to deal with "is this when we go back?" every generation until it happens, aren't we?

I'm not sure if that's a reason either. It's not like people never wanted R/B/Y again after G/S/C had Kanto. Playing through another region again in a different game would be a different experience than simply playing one of the games where it was first used. I don't really see much of a connection in terms of wanting to make sure people keep buying the games.

Kalos is the new Hoenn, isn't it? We're going to have to deal with "is this when we go back?" every generation until it happens, aren't we?
How is Kalos is the new Hoenn, ORAS was a follow from XY, not a sequel, ORAS a remake of ruby and sapphire to follows up the element (Mega Evolution) from XY. If they wanted to a third game or sequel to Kalos, they could have done it, but they didn't, which is a reason why I suggested going back to Kalos in the post-game (speculation)

How is Kalos is the new Hoenn, ORAS was a follow from XY, not a sequel, ORAS a remake of ruby and sapphire to follows up the element (Mega Evolution) from XY. If they wanted to a third game or sequel to Kalos, they could have done it, but they didn't, which is a reason why I suggested going back to Kalos in the post-game (speculation)
I'm pretty sure they're referencing the memes of "Hoenn confirmed." Since HGSS people have begged for a Hoenn remake. Now it seems that there will always be someone begging for a Kalos revisit. I'm pretty sure that's the only comparison they were making.

I'm pretty sure they're referencing the memes of "Hoenn confirmed." Since HGSS people have begged for a Hoenn remake. Now it seems that there will always be someone begging for a Kalos revisit. I'm pretty sure that's the only comparison they were making.
I'm just saying that every single region get it's revisit with third game, remake, and sequel, except for Kalos. Now Alola will get it's revisit. It just doesn't feel right for Kalos not to get revisit with third game or sequel.

That's exactly it.

They literally repackage the same region as a third version/sequel in every generation (except for Kalos) so I don't really think "they want you to buy more games" is a valid reason for that.

Them selling you a third version of a region isn't a legit reason to not give you two in one game?

If anything it's more of a reason.

A year from now the 3rd versions of SM will be the biggest selling games on 3ds and most likely even anything Nintendo has on switch.

So why give us Kalos in it for free when they could just repackage Kalos or any other region next year and sell 30 million more games?

3rd versions always have subpar sales than the first version. I'm prepared to bet anything UltraSM sell less than SM. From what I remember, the last time they got us to buy paired revisit (BW2)" they were the least selling games (I have doubts, can someone confirm this?)

Yeah, that's not true at all. In fact BW2 sold better than Platinum and Emerald.

3rd versions always have subpar sales than the first version. I'm prepared to bet anything UltraSM sell less than SM
It really depends on what kindve game this is and how they promote it.

If there's alot of new Pokemon and new variants and they let everyone know post game and festival plaza are revamped it could outsell SM big-time.

If they don't tell us much about it they will sell well but maybe not as good as SM

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom