• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are we going to see Kalos in the Post-game?

Is it possible to revisit Kalos region in the Post-game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 44 86.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol I feel like all the threads are sort of converging into one general discussion and it's getting kind of confusing :p.

Well anyway is it ok to use this thread to talk about the possibility of a second region in the post game in general? If so, in the event that we get Kanto in the postgame how likely is it for Johto to appear as well?

I doubt GF is ever gonna do a multi-region game again, but I could see it happening because of Zygarde. I don't think it'll happen, though. However, I could see Hoenn happening, given it's the closest region to Alola. Unova's another possibility, given that Alola and Unova are both based on the US. Finally, Kanto (and possibly Johto) could appear if they expand on the "Lillie going to Kanto" thread.

I still don't see any of it happening, though, especially since I'm sure Ultra SuMo is gonna push the 3DS even harder than SuMo did.

I don't actually know what the Sevii Islands are hahaha

An archipelago of islands that were featured in FRLG. You visited the first three after obtaining the Volcano Badge and dealt with a couple of subplots, and then got to visit the other four in the post-game (since Kanto's post-game offerings are otherwise nil). They were also used to make several Pokémon from Gen II available, in light of GSC not being able to transfer Pokémon to Gen 3.

Sevii Islands are always underrated man...

I was a long-time fan of the Sevii Islands, and I do still think there are some neat things there, but personally I'd actually say that they are somewhat overrated. When I recently replayed FRLG, they felt a lot more boring than I remembered... I think it's largely because they don't really do much to differentiate between themselves, and the limited tilesets of those games don't allow for very diverse environments. There are also still quite a lot of Gen I Pokémon in the encounter tables, as if we weren't already getting enough of that in Kanto itself...

That's because Game Freak didn't want to use any Hoenn Pokemon in FRLG - to force trading with RS. Hell, they even kept a fair number of Johto Pokemon for Emerald.

They aren't overrated, though. Most people are either indifferent or negative about them.

I know this a rap from this Kalos post-game thread, but I'm skeptical about the flower theory that people were talking about two years ago, especially we still haven't solve the mystery of AZ Floette, where they referring to XY story that wasn't finish but they would finish it up in another region?
Pokemon Marketing Director Teases ‘Flowers’ in Series Future - News

Not to mention that pokebeach thinks that the next game (SM) would continue that backstory of XY.
"Flowers" Given as Clue for Pokemon's Future - PokéBeach / Pokémon TCG, games, and anime news!
The idea of Pokemon Z or X2Y2 were scrapped because they wanted to focus on SM, and they way to celebrate 20th anniversary (which is SM anyways), having a Pokemon Z or whatever would ruin their chance to celebrate it. Tbh, I'm still not convince on the whole "ORAS is XY sequel" thing, TPCi and Gf wouldn't ended thing off with Kalos just like that. I wouldn't write it off a "complete" region, when they're some mysteries to solve. Not to mention that "Island theory" we saw in Anistar City (People speculate it would be Alola), The gem stone colors on 100% form Zygarde's chest, regarding to not only Xerneas, and Yveltal, but to Solgaleo, Lunaala, and Necrozma's true form, In XY there was hint to Moondial, since we got a Sundial n XY, the fans speculate about a Moondial being in the Alola, Finally we don't know exactly what's Zygarde's purpose in Alola in the first place, GF wouldn't just throw Zyagrde in Alola as a fetch quest to collect cores, Zygarde needs a backstory.

Also the mentioning of why Z-moves and Mega Evolution can't react with each other on the whole Infinity Energy and Ultra Wormhole theory. Sure we already explore the lore of Megas, but not on Z-moves, not saying we'll get new ones. But some explanation with it.

The whole "3DS can't handle two region" thing, If that was the case, then why the fans are begging for Kanto post-game (when we all know it won't happen), If they wanted to do something for Kanto, they can do a Kanto/Johto Sequel to satisfy the Kanto fans, instead of add Kanto post-game (which this need to be put to bed). With the new info we got for USUM, judging by the new Alola map, it looks like they're no new Islands, except the cloud covered one (Probably the BF or PWT type facility), so maybe they add Kalos as a post-game, because both Alola and Kalos are the same size to fit in the 3Ds cartridge, so we can stop with whole "two region are exclusive two Kanto and Johto only theory".

Finally if USUM are the last game in Gen 7 along with 3DS, before moving to Switch, Then they need to do something for it to last until we get a pokemon game for Switch (because the Switch game probably won't make till 2019) they should go out with a bang, instead of just some third game cash grab (like everybody speculating on it)

This all just speculation, on whether we going to kalos in USUM, or we'll visit Kalos when it gets it's own remake.

Highly doubtful. It seems Kalos is doomed to be left as it is until potential remakes in Generation 12 even then it's not guaranteed.

I think a potential stop off in Kanto however could be possible judging from recent reveals

Possible? Yes
Sure? No
Personally, a revisit to the Kalos region would be cool, even though it is not very likely! Still, I would take a revisit to Kalos than more focus on Kanto any time of the day! Yeah, for some reason, more Kanto focus is bugging me now....

What is up with people with Kanto Post-game? We know it's highly unlikely for it to happen. If GF want to do something special for Kanto, it would have it's own Kanto/Johto sequel. The fans been begging for quite a while, Kanto in USUM is 100% out of the question.

This is a discussion thread regarding to Kalos, not Kanto. The point of this thread is to see is it possible or not to go back to Kalos.
I know this a rap from this Kalos post-game thread, but I'm skeptical about the flower theory that people were talking about two years ago, especially we still haven't solve the mystery of AZ Floette, where they referring to XY story that wasn't finish but they would finish it up in another region?
Pokemon Marketing Director Teases ‘Flowers’ in Series Future - News

Not to mention that pokebeach thinks that the next game (SM) would continue that backstory of XY.
"Flowers" Given as Clue for Pokemon's Future - PokéBeach / Pokémon TCG, games, and anime news!
The idea of Pokemon Z or X2Y2 were scrapped because they wanted to focus on SM, and they way to celebrate 20th anniversary (which is SM anyways), having a Pokemon Z or whatever would ruin their chance to celebrate it. Tbh, I'm still not convince on the whole "ORAS is XY sequel" thing, TPCi and Gf wouldn't ended thing off with Kalos just like that. I wouldn't write it off a "complete" region, when they're some mysteries to solve. Not to mention that "Island theory" we saw in Anistar City (People speculate it would be Alola), The gem stone colors on 100% form Zygarde's chest, regarding to not only Xerneas, and Yveltal, but to Solgaleo, Lunaala, and Necrozma's true form, In XY there was hint to Moondial, since we got a Sundial n XY, the fans speculate about a Moondial being in the Alola, Finally we don't know exactly what's Zygarde's purpose in Alola in the first place, GF wouldn't just throw Zyagrde in Alola as a fetch quest to collect cores, Zygarde needs a backstory.

Also the mentioning of why Z-moves and Mega Evolution can't react with each other on the whole Infinity Energy and Ultra Wormhole theory. Sure we already explore the lore of Megas, but not on Z-moves, not saying we'll get new ones. But some explanation with it.

The whole "3DS can't handle two region" thing, If that was the case, then why the fans are begging for Kanto post-game (when we all know it won't happen), If they wanted to do something for Kanto, they can do a Kanto/Johto Sequel to satisfy the Kanto fans, instead of add Kanto post-game (which this need to be put to bed). With the new info we got for USUM, judging by the new Alola map, it looks like they're no new Islands, except the cloud covered one (Probably the BF or PWT type facility), so maybe they add Kalos as a post-game, because both Alola and Kalos are the same size to fit in the 3Ds cartridge, so we can stop with whole "two region are exclusive two Kanto and Johto only theory".

Finally if USUM are the last game in Gen 7 along with 3DS, before moving to Switch, Then they need to do something for it to last until we get a pokemon game for Switch (because the Switch game probably won't make till 2019) they should go out with a bang, instead of just some third game cash grab (like everybody speculating on it)

This all just speculation, on whether we going to kalos in USUM, or we'll visit Kalos when it gets it's own remake.
I'm quoting myself because I was speculating on the materials based on the flower theory, Mystery islands you can see on Anistar City, possible Moondial, Zygarde's gems on his chest, and Zygarde's purpose in Alola. I'm trying to connect the dots between Alola and Kalos, and people bringing up Kanto, tbh, I wish wencan get a Kanto/Johto Sequel soon so we can put the Kanto post-game theory to bed.

The fans been begging for quite a while,
* The fans begged for a 3DS game instead of B2W2
* The fans begged for Stars instead of USUM.
* The fans begged for DPPt remakes instead of USUM.
* The fans begged for Kalos sequels.

If they don't want to do a Kanto sequel, they'd free to do it in USUM if they want to start Switch with a new Gen. People keep forgetting that Kanto post game is very possible (more so than Kanto sequels, since Kanto sequels will suck up more resources and would not cause enough buzz than a new generation).

How are Kanto post-game are possible? Let's Sinnoh would be a post-game instead of a Sinnoh remake or Unova would be also instead of a remake/sequel. Kanto is USUM wouldn't make since, but a Kanto/Johto Sequel would make since. Kalos, the reason we didn't have another Kalos game because it was scrapped due to the development of SM, not saying we'll still get a Kalos Sequel, but it would be better if they included Kalos in the post-game, you must have forgot about the flower thing in World championship 2015, about they'll continue XY story in another game in case thdy can't do another Kalos game itself.

How are Kanto post-game are possible? Let's Sinnoh would be a post-game instead of a Sinnoh remake or Unova would be also instead of a remake/sequel. Kanto is USUM wouldn't make since, but a Kanto/Johto Sequel would make since.
What? Your analogy is WAYYY off becuase Kanto is already remade once, unlike Unova and Sinnoh, which were never remade. So you still fail to explain why Kanto follow up in USUM makes no sense but a Kanto/Johto sequel makes sense. Both make equal sense (but Kanto in USUM more so).

Kalos, the reason we didn't have another Kalos game because it was scrapped due to the development of SM,
Source?

not saying we'll still get a Kalos Sequel, but it would be better if they included Kalos in the post-game, you must have forgot about the flower thing in World championship 2015, about they'll continue XY story in another game in case thdy can't do another Kalos game itself.
Kanto makes more sense than Kalos in USUM. Alola and Kalos have been never linked. Z Moves and Mega Evolution may simply have different energies altogether, which were never linked. The Moondial may be just some random piece of dialogue, and Alola has no moondial.

What? Your analogy is WAYYY off becuase Kanto is already remade once, unlike Unova and Sinnoh, which were never remade. So you still fail to explain why Kanto follow up in USUM makes no sense but a Kanto/Johto sequel makes sense. Both make equal sense (but Kanto in USUM more so).

Source?

Kanto makes more sense than Kalos in USUM. Alola and Kalos have been never linked. Z Moves and Mega Evolution may simply have different energies altogether, which were never linked. The Moondial may be just some random piece of dialogue, and Alola has no moondial.
Sun/Moon was a great way to celebrate the 20th anniversary, Yes they have Kanto reference, along with Red and Blue, and Lillie did go to Kanto, but I don't see we physically go to Kanto region itself, we know they always have reference from the past event. Also Ohmori is interested in doing Lillie's story, but it doesn't have to happen in Alola, let's say that USUM take place a year from SM, Lillie came back from Kanto as a experience Trainer or Lillie doesn't return from Kanto will not make an appearance in USUM, but maybe hints even more for Kanto/Johto Sequel

As for Kalos, there's not source if they scrapped the game of another Kalos game itself, but they're focus on SM to celebrate 20th anniversary. That Flower hinted toward the pokemon future, meaning they still have to finish the XY story, but they would included in another game.

You're talking like GF would hang Kalos out to dry, so in every single game that has upgrades, but they leave Kalos out like it's nothing.

I think they would have already said it if they were planning on adding another region post-game given the hype and excitement it would create.
As much as I'd love to visit Kalos in the post-game, pretty much this. Doubtful that we are going anywhere in USUM.

As for Kanto, Ohmori said that Lillie going there was not meant to be anything more than thematics showing the fleeting nature of human relationships and not some hint for the future, but he also said that you never know what can happen, so yeah. I don't think we are going there either.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom