• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are we going to see Kalos in the Post-game?

Is it possible to revisit Kalos region in the Post-game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 44 86.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Like I said, I don't think most people care much about something as obscure as a Nugget Bridge. Most people however do care for Misty (as seen from all those walls of text whenever Misty gets mentioned) and Brock and Sabrina etc. These people would love to play a game where they're front and center once again. Even though they did announce that Red and Blue would make cameo appearances. I think that is still news that won't get the attention of people who aren't already in touch with Pokemon news since it is kind of obscure. Genwunners would also obviously rather have the original Pokemons and not the Alolan versions.

Many (and I mean MANY) 'Genwunners' returned to try the first main series game they found launching after GO mania- Pokemon Sun and Moon. It's a reason it's got very high sales. Alolan forms as a concept we're designed with these people in mind.

Aye. I understand that. Still, carbon-copy Kanto isn't going to be a good idea. There should be more differences other than updated graphics. Misty should come back with a whole new design and more dialogue/action other than being stuck in the gym or dating someone in front of Bill's house. Give characters something to do other than the usual predictable course.

As for the mons, yes the original 151 would attract Gen1 fans, but that's it. The other 700+mons get shoved in the corner despite many of the non-gen-1 mons contributing heavily to the promotion of the franchise throughout the 20 years. That shouldn't be the course of action of the next games.

Also, a lot of people dropped GO after the fad died down.

Anecdotal, but whenever I visit pokemon events, the visitors are split in two groups: those who own up to the recent games/up-to-date with the recent anime episodes, and those who barely know past Togepi and visited the event because their kids wanted to come.

Nostalgia marketing won't work forever.

Even if they were to take a small chunk of some unexplored terrain and say it's linked to Kalos I pretty much doubt that'll be the case. I just don't see it happening is all.

I'd rather see an actually lively Alola. That region lost all its charm after the second Island.

Also, @Niyuura, who are you and stop reading my mind and then voicing them in a polite manner.

Even if they were to take a small chunk of some unexplored terrain and say it's linked to Kalos I pretty much doubt that'll be the case. I just don't see it happening is all.

I'd rather see an actually lively Alola. That region lost all its charm after the second Island.

Also, @Niyuura, who are you and stop reading my mind and then voicing them in a polite manner.
I'm sorry, I'm just a random pokemon fan, I don't mean to do any of that :p

I mean I think for the time being, the topic of the thread is somewhat exhausted because there is only so much to be said about it at this point in time and given the lack of any definitive info we have for USUM right now..

Given the only reason why Johto included kanto ingame was because most of Gen 2 pokemon and its included features were gen 1 creations that had to be removed from the game due to memory issues.on the cart, travelling to Kanto just payed homage to the original pokemon project.

Isn't it save to assume no other game will feature another region ingame again ? Even in interviews whenever bought up, GF don't seem to prioritise another region and have said a few times about the levelling issue that would be present. Is USUM likely to feature a second region ?

Given the only reason why Johto included kanto ingame was because most of Gen 2 pokemon and its included features were gen 1 creations that had to be removed from the game due to memory issues.on the cart, travelling to Kanto just payed homage to the original pokemon project.

Isn't it save to assume no other game will feature another region ingame again ? Even in interviews whenever bought up, GF don't seem to prioritise another region and have said a few times about the levelling issue that would be present. Is USUM likely to feature a second region ?
Imo, USUM has around a 5% chance of featuring a second region at all, but that was not the reason why Kanto existed in GSC. It existed because Johto games were originally named Pokemon 2 and were meant to be one whole with pokemon (RGBY) and were meant to be the last installment of the franchise until GF realized it was popular and would make them profits

I don't think we will see Kalos in Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon, even though I enjoyed X & Y as opposed to Sun & Moon. But I am hoping for post-game missions and hopefully USUM will be more enjoyable for this correspondent than SM.

Imo, USUM has around a 5% chance of featuring a second region at all, but that was not the reason why Kanto existed in GSC. It existed because Johto games were originally named Pokemon 2 and were meant to be one whole with pokemon (RGBY) and were meant to be the last installment of the franchise until GF realized it was popular and would make them profits

Yes that is correct, a lot of the gen 2 mons that were scrapped were included for that last title. Regardless because it was intended to be final, we will never get another region included in another game again.

Yes that is correct, a lot of the gen 2 mons that were scrapped were included for that last title. Regardless because it was intended to be final, we will never get another region included in another game again.
Woah! That's a big statement to make. It can always happen again if Game Freak sees potential in it.

Woah! That's a big statement to make. It can always happen again if Game Freak sees potential in it.
That is pretty much literally the only reason anything in Pokemon happens anymore. It was the same with people's headcanons that remakes only ever happened to fix the transfer compatibility for all current generations, and look where we are now. Turns out GF just really likes playing on nostalgia and revisiting old experiences. They will continue that for as long as it's profitable and as you said, if they ever see enough potential (and the current system can handle it) in 2 regions again, they will by all means do it

Okay, Is their a link of interview, stating that two-region are exclusive to Johto and Kanto?

Then how do we know that GF won't make two-region game in the future, how you know it'll be exclusive to Kanto/Johto? What if they decide to make two-region game on Switch?
I am not sure who said that it'll remain Kanto/Johto-only if anyone said it. But I really doubt it'll remain that way. They can easily just connect any two current regions through any strange means if the potential is there. The same can happen with any future regions.

Then how do we know that GF won't make two-region game in the future, how you know it'll be exclusive to Kanto/Johto? What if they decide to make two-region game on Switch?
That was the point, we don't know. Hence why the posts above say that literally anything can happen as long as GF decides that it will profit them.

Yeah, they've never actually flat out said no dual regions as far as I remember. That being said, I don't expect it to ever happen again outside of potential revisits to Johto (and even then, I'd prefer the next time they revisit Johto, they give us ONLY Johto and expand the region and give it its own identity). There's a lot of design issues with a two region games, a lot of the issues people point to like level pacing and areas being removed/not expanded properly are inherent to the two region system, because you have to essentially cram double the content into one game. Game Freak probably doesn't want to deal with that situation again, so they'll likely stick to one region games for the foreseeable future.

Unless they're going to do something about Eternal Floette,
OMG! This so much! Eternal Flower Floette was such an interesting concept, I wanna know more about her. Her development was nice and appreciable in XY, but please GF, give the Pokémon some more spotlight in future visits to Kalos (if any), maybe expand upon her Bond with AZ; I just do not want her to remain a character, not developed to the full potential, if circumstances permit. (y):)

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom