• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are we going to see Kalos in the Post-game?

Is it possible to revisit Kalos region in the Post-game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 44 86.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StandbyForBattle

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
It's been 4 years since XY and it never got it third game or sequel to tie things. It feels like Kalos been abandon, Tbh, I wouldn't mind revisiting Kalos again. It would be nice to see some trainers take on Gym leaders, Elite Four, and Champion again, Especially Mega Evolution were it's main thing in Kalos, and Mega Stones are hard to find in Alola, maybe we'll get a post-region story of Megas, it's better than waiting till 2023 to revisit Kalos in a remake, If they put Kalos region in the post-game, I would consider a "alternate version of XY." Especially they're unanswered question Kalos they need to finish. Do you think it's possible to revisit Kalos in the post-game in UltraSun/UltraMoon?

I think they're done with Kalos. Shame for the region, but I think no Kalos revisit is likely, specially in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Combining the problem of 3DS' capabilities and GF's reluctance to include two regions, the likelihood of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon containing Kalos is less than 10%

Highly unlikely. If anything it would be Kanto.

^ This. There's way more mentions of Kanto than Kalos in SM and a character actually going to Kanto at the end of the game. So if there's going to be a region we go to postgame, it would very probably be Kanto.

That said, I doubt we're visiting another region postgame at all. It just doesn't feel like a thing GF would do anymore.

No, we won´t.

Also, Kalos was not exactly abondoned. It was a more complete product than SM is, so it didn´t need an expansion as much. It was also a less open ended plot than BW1 and SM are, so it didn´t leave much room for expanding.

Regarding the few open ended bits Kalos may have left, were expanded upon, and explained in ORAS (Origin of Mega Evolution, Ultimate Weapon, Infinity Energy, etc). And the Zygarde formes were included in SM. Therefore, there is really no reason to revisit Kalos currently, or to call it incomplete.

Last edited:
Let's just move on from Kalos. It's had its time. It may not have been the best time for some, but it had its time.

Game freak can barely fit one region on a 3ds cartridge, secondary regions aren't going to happen.

Game freak can barely fit one region on a 3ds cartridge, secondary regions aren't going to happen.

Not true. The entirety of SM's data is only about 3 GB, and that even includes a lot of non-region stuff. A 3DS cart can hold 8 GB. So they could definitely include a second region, no problem. Depending on their size, maybe even maxing out at 3 (for hypothetical sake).

Not true. The entirety of SM's data is only about 3 GB, and that even includes a lot of non-region stuff. A 3DS cart can hold 8 GB. So they could definitely include a second region, no problem. Depending on their size, maybe even maxing out at 3 (for hypothetical sake).

That's the final product, as we know with Gold and Silver Game Freak couldn't even fit just johto on a single gameboy cartridge until Iwata optimized the code. The game starts development on a computer first, then they try to port it to 3ds and sacrifice whatever they need to get it running properly, in SM's case 3D and possibly walking pokemon. Considering much larger and more intensive games have managed 3D just fine and game freak's past of writing unoptimized code it's far from unlikely that they get external help with optimizing the code to get to 3GB, I have no doubts game freak by themselves wouldn't be able to get even close to it.

That's the final product, as we know with Gold and Silver Game Freak couldn't even fit just johto on a single gameboy cartridge until Iwata optimized the code. The game starts development on a computer first, then they try to port it to 3ds and sacrifice whatever they need to get it running properly, in SM's case 3D and possibly walking pokemon. Considering much larger and more intensive games have managed 3D just fine and game freak's past of writing unoptimized code it's far from unlikely that they get external help with optimizing the code to get to 3GB, I have no doubts game freak by themselves wouldn't be able to get even close to it.

I still don't think you fully understand. The finished product was 3 GB after whatever reductions or potential optimizations they made. That's less than half of a 3DS cart, which means they do, in fact, have more room. As long as whatever they make can get down to 8 GB, they're good. And they were nowhere close. This isn't even an optimization situation. Assuming SM wasn't fully optimized, they could fit two entire Alola's and all of their content into the cart twice.

I still don't think you fully understand. The finished product was 3 GB after whatever reductions or potential optimizations they made. That's less than half of a 3DS cart, which means they do, in fact, have more room. As long as whatever they make can get down to 8 GB, they're good. And they were nowhere close. This isn't even an optimization situation. Assuming SM wasn't fully optimized, they could fit two entire Alola's and all of their content into the cart twice.

If from the get-go they have the foreseight to see that their game is going to be under 8gb even if they make two regions then yes they could do it, but generally people don't have future vision. If they add a second region they will decide that when the game is still in its planning stages where the game's filesize is nothing more than an educated guess. Then if it turns out their code is so flawed they can't get it under 8GB they're screwed and have to cut out everything they worked so hard for.

I'm pretty sure we won't. They even went as far as to shove Zygarde into the Alola region with no expansion on it or Kalos' lore just to avoid doing so. It seems like Game Freak is secretly ashamed of Gen VI and its mechanics at the moment, which is very unfortunate.

If from the get-go they have the foreseight to see that their game is going to be under 8gb even if they make two regions then yes they could do it, but generally people don't have future vision. If they add a second region they will decide that when the game is still in its planning stages where the game's filesize is nothing more than an educated guess. Then if it turns out their code is so flawed they can't get it under 8GB they're screwed and have to cut out everything they worked so hard for.

True, and if it were the initial pair of a generation I would agree. But in a case like this, they know the file size of SM, therefore they should already know roughly how much data space would be taken by doubling the overworld content.

The reason they've abandoned post-game regions since the Johto games has nothing to do with space limitations. Only on the GB/GBC was space a concern.
Except Gold and Silver were remade on Nintendo DS, it had no problem with the limitation.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom