• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Are you a fan or critic?

Who are you

• Total voters
Reaction score
Some like anime in general and watch all the shows. Some writes harsh reviews and drop shows
So what re you are you fan or are you critic?

For me, I can't drop any shows but I don't 10/10 every shows either. So I'm maybe slightly fanboyish?

Let's go hunting
Reaction score
I'm usually pretty lenient on a lot of anime/manga I've watched/read, it's not too often I give a series something below a 5, even to series that's considered bad or mediocre; though I have given some more popular series below 5 or just consider it mediocre mainly cause I never got the hype around it or it just didn't give me the same enjoyment (Mob Psycho, OPM, Cowboy Bebop, and PMMM being some examples). I've actually never written a review for a series, partially cause I've felt no need to go into deep detail on why I gave a series a certain score and partially due to laziness; my ratings are simple and I have my own reasons for why I liked or disliked a series just like everyone of course, but that doesn't mean I'm going to write it out for everyone. The most I do is give recommendations based on people's tastes, if they ask for one.

As for dropping a anime/manga, I've done that, mainly cause I just couldn't get too into it or something about it just really annoys me. I even have series I wished I dropped sooner instead of sticking through it thinking it might turn around for me (Clannad + After Story and Vampire Holmes for another example; and for the latter I thought it would have a so bad it's good to it, it doesn't imo).

I guess I lean more towards slightly fangirlish. There are a lot of other series I want to get to, and I'm sure most are going to be rated high or somewhere in the middle, but I'm not opposed to dropping it or giving it a low score if it comes to it.