• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are you expecting another Ash vs Alain?

I'm not sure we will, the thing with Alain is that he's not completely on board with what Team Flare is doing right now, he has clear doubts, he's just very conflicted. It's also not helped that he thinks they probably have Manon with them, who he's trying to help her Chespin out of guilt. That scenario doesn't give me the impression of a guy who's going to stay with Team Flare for long, it gives me the feeling that eventually he's going to get pushed too far and/or convinced by Manon or the other characters to defect and he'll redeem himself. We could get a bit of a "get a hold of yourself, man!" moment between him and Ash, but I don't think the match would end conclusively for either character in that case.

After the XY series ends, I'll be happy if we never hear from Alain and his broken Charizard ever again.
Really, the very vocal backlash over their Lumiose Conference battle with Ash and Greninja should be reason enough to never see him again after the Flare arc. He should make like the GS Ball and disappear when this is all over.

I'm thinking Alain being controlled by team flare somehow and have a rematch with Ash and Ash wins? Might happen

Not happening. Alain already on Ash's side in next episode.

You think that a rematch would be based on Alain being evil? Heheh. I've already many several cases of another Alain vs Ash rematch and virtually none of them involve Alain being on Team Flare's side (Alain is at worst reluctant to fight for Flare, and he will turn good in the end).

The rematch scenario I suggested is based on Alain's guilt-filled nature and the possibility of him giving up the title to Ash, which Ash refuses unless they have a battle. And then the battle will follow of what I originally thought the final Ash vs Alain match will go prior to the announcement of the League happening before Flare arc:

A redeemed Alain who now realizes the errors of his ways. He fights no longer to become the strongest, but to simply enjoy the battle that epiphany told him all those episodes ago. And the climax will be Ash-Greninja finally overcoming Mega Charizard X, making Ash the victor he so deserves to be.

Don't think so. If Ash was going to win against Alain in a battle then it should have been the league. Another battle against Alain is pointless at this stage.

You know. I've heard the whole pointless argument being used against many things that have happen before. Such as Goodra's return to Ash's team after being "released" or Alain entering the Pokémon League despite having no interest. At this point, I have come to expect Ash and Alain rematch to happen simply because that's what I feel the story is leading me, regardless of what I feel about the matter.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom