• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are you going to buy a Switch?

Are you going to buy a Switch next year?

• At launch

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Sometime after launch and before December

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • For Christmas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided, waiting until Jan 13 for more info

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • No, only in 2018, 2019 or later

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Never, bacuse *insert reasonable reason here*

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning to wait until after more information is revealed. I'm going to have to know the price and other game line-ups. That, and information about Pokemon Stars will also affect my decision.

As for buying at launch, I'm not one to buy things immediately as they're released, just in case of any possible problems. I prefer waiting till there's enough reviews about the device, and confirmation that there's not going to be a mass recall situation.

There could also be a price drop sometime later in the year. Who will buy before the price drop and after the price drop if there is one?

Just going to take a moment to point out to the OP: Dragon Quest X and Dragon Quest XI's respective Switch versions are not rumors, they're confirmed to have Japanese releases.
Source for Dragon Quest XI
Source for Dragon Quest X

So... yeah. I'm a pretty big DQ fan and have been following the news on it, so.

As for whether I'll be getting a Switch... Probably soon enough, but not right after launch. If it's region free, I might be getting it sooner to import DQXI.

Breath of the Wild on the go is a pretty big reason why I'd prefer the Switch version, haha.

Well, I don't have money to throw around anymore. The Switch hasn't really done anything to impress me, either way. I suppose if/when it gets its own Zelda game (not BoTW, I already own a Wii U) that might be the moment I would want one - so that's pretty far off in the future. lol

I'm afraid that otherwise I'm pretty bored with Nintendo's console output. The Wii U's games were solid, but didn't do much of anything for me. What reason do I have to pay for a console just to play another Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart? No thanks.

Just going to take a moment to point out to the OP: Dragon Quest X and Dragon Quest XI's respective Switch versions are not rumors, they're confirmed to have Japanese releases.
Source for Dragon Quest XI
Source for Dragon Quest X

So... yeah. I'm a pretty big DQ fan and have been following the news on it, so.

As for whether I'll be getting a Switch... Probably soon enough, but not right after launch. If it's region free, I might be getting it sooner to import DQXI.

Breath of the Wild on the go is a pretty big reason why I'd prefer the Switch version, haha.
Thank you. That certainly helps. :)

If anyone else has news about any game confirmations or disconfirmations, please share. That would really help keep the list updated.

Not at launch, but I'd like to get one at some point for the upcoming Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei installments.

I've been looking at comparison shots between the Wii U and Switch versions of Zelda, and the differences are indeed minor ... mostly: different lighting/atmospheric engine (generally better), improved texture rendering (a direct result thereof), and fewer framerate drops in effects-heavy moments. So while having a separate touchscreen to manage inventory items is something I'd somewhat miss having, I think I'd be better off with the Switch version.

Undecided. Probably will get one eventually. Though probably no earlier than Christmas later this year.

Question: will Nintendo cut the Internet for the 3DS some time after the Switch is out?

3DS is confirmed to have continued development/game support until a minimum of 2018. Internet services will likely last at least another year or more after that.

Welp! 16 people are waiting till Jan 13 to decide as of 27th January...
Also, when will they be next revealing information?

As much as I'd really like to have it at launch, I'm most likely not going to pick it up at launch. :( Won't be able to afford it right then unless I come up with lots of money between now and launch since I'd need a new TV anyways. (The one I have now is really old and wouldn't support the Switch.)

I'm most likely going to try and pick it up for my birthday at the end of June though. By then, I'd have a newer TV and enough to buy the system and a game or two (but probably two even though I'll probably only play Breath of the Wild religiously for a good month or so).

I don't really intend to get one at launch since A. video game consoles are expensive and I intend to get another expensive thing fairly soon so I don't want to go bankrupt and B. I usually wait until there's a Pokémon game announced on a Nintendo console before buying it.

However, I am also interested in Splatwoon and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and there's always the fact that they might shut off the Wii U's wi-fi, which may force my hand... Eh, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Only if Pokemon gets on there... and if it's a Pokemon "Stars" that is just the Platinum/Yellow etc of gen 7, then I wont be getting that until later I guess. Gen 8 is what I will get it for if it comes to it.

I am planning to get it when Splatoon 2 comes around, so that more games are available. I am stoked at Puyo Puyo Tetris being localised, since the last game that was localised was Puyo Pop Fever. Another game that would tide me over would likely be ARMS. So basically, I will get it at a later date, as I am not in a hurry.

Thanks for reading.

I was deciding on it or a ps4 and after seeing the unveil I went ps4.

After owning only Nintendo consoles for the last 5 years or so I'm really glad I went this route.
The ps4 is by far the most amazing console I've ever owned.

I can still buy a switch around April but I'm leaning toward PS VR.

Right now I just don't see a reason to buy switch,it's pricey and has no games at all that seem interesting or new.

Maybe 2 or 3 years from now it could be a really interesting system if 3rd parties decide to fully support it.

We'll never see the big triple A games on it but if studios like Bethesda or Blizzard decide to make new IP just for switch it could be really interesting.

Pokemon on switch dosent sway me either way,if I had to own switch to play I'd just be done with pokemon,not paying at least 400 to play.

Have to see if see 3 years from now if it's another Wii u or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom