• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are you going to buy a Switch?

Are you going to buy a Switch next year?

• At launch

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Sometime after launch and before December

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • For Christmas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided, waiting until Jan 13 for more info

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • No, only in 2018, 2019 or later

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Never, bacuse *insert reasonable reason here*

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay... Switch will (most probably) be my first console purchase of any kind after the Wii. I wanted a console to play Pokemon and other games (Snipperclips and Zelda have appealed to me in this period). Switch just looks like a nice design, probably the best Nintendo's ever given.
I focus on design more than specs, and would enjoy a game of Wii sports any day, so a great design sells me onto it mostly.
Also, I'll be mostly using it in handheld mode. I'll be buying it becuase a 3DS successor is not likely, but if 3DS successor happens, I'll be buying it.
I'm with you on I'd buy a 3ds successor first too.

I love the 3ds,I'm kinda disappointed Nintendo didn't do more with the new 3ds,now it feels like a cash grab and I feel a little ripped off there isn't more content for it

I guess this is what turns out of never watching the commercials XD. If you are asking why to buy it, then-
1. Have group gaming sessions. I've read lots of people having a blast with 1-2-Switch.
2. Are invested in Nintendo exclusive games like Pokemon, Zelda etc.
3. See potential in Switch.
4. Like something about the console like design or concept

I'm not buying it. I have an Xbox One which I'm fine with and I don't get time with work and other stuff to play video games much

Until a main series Pokemon game is released for the Switch, as well as a new model, I won't be getting it. I already have way too many games I'm behind on.

The only current Switch exclusive that I really want to play is Mario Odyssey, and I don't mind putting it off until there's a new model, big price drop, and/or main series Switch Pokemon game.

Last edited:
I hope there's a dockless version coming by... the only game I have a desire to play console only on the Switch is Super Mario Odyssey, and third party docks (and cheaper resales from EBay) will solve the issue. Wasn't 2DS release made to coincide with XY's?

Also, the newer iterations of the handhelds look gorgeous compared to the OG ones. OG 3DS looked HIDEOUS to me and I'm head-over-heels on the New 2DS XL.
The Switch imo is the best looking Nintendo console or handheld, but I just want to see them make this design even better. And the Joy-Cons are the most charming controllers I've seen.

I just want to see what Nintendo can do with the console when Pokemon comes along when I make a purchase.

I won't be getting a Switch this year because I'm having very crucial exams this year. Next year will be a relatively easy and lighter one, so it'll be the perfect time to take the plunge.

I still haven't budged. I'm just not impressed with it. Super Mario Odyssey is pretty much the only thing the system has going for it. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited that they decided to take the 3D Mario series back to the style that set 64/Sunshine apart, but it just isn't enough to convince me to get a Switch at this point. There's nothing else on the system.

Pokemon Switch could turn out to be good, or it could turn out to be another mediocre output like Sun/Moon. In fact, even worse, it could just be the same engine as Sun/Moon in HD. After Sun/Moon, Gamefreak/Nintendo has to prove it to me that I need their next Pokemon title. Either way, we don't know anything about the title yet, so it's too early to even think about it.

Was hoping for maybe an Animal Crossing announcement at E3, but nothing of the sorts. Right now the Switch doesn't have games and that paid online system that's coming. EW. There's just no reason to own one for me.

There's nothing else on the system.
Depends on what you are looking for, of course. It's the same reason I've never had any interest in Microsoft's consoles -- haven't seen much in the way of console exclusives that would appeal to me. There was only one title I've seen for XB1 that absolutely screamed "must play" but as luck would have it, it's available for Windows 10 too.

I was lucky enough to get one at launch ^^ It's pretty fun and I have spent many hours on the games I have for it. Bring on Super Mario Odyssey and a new Pokemon game and I'll be set.

(and an Animal Crossing game and I'll be very happy!)

I never buy a new system at launch. I always wait to see what's available, how much it'll cost me, and etc. I mean the Switch looks fun don't get me wrong, so it has my interest at least.

So that was my initial plan. Come release I had the money for a Switch and wanted to spoil myself during my birthday. But of course I couldn't find any, and bought a PS4 cause Persona 5.

A few weeks ago I found a Switch at a WalMart and ofc I didn't have the money. So I'm back to plan A.

Depends on what you are looking for, of course. It's the same reason I've never had any interest in Microsoft's consoles -- haven't seen much in the way of console exclusives that would appeal to me. There was only one title I've seen for XB1 that absolutely screamed "must play" but as luck would have it, it's available for Windows 10 too.

Of course, I'm speaking purely from my opinion. I know other people like Splatoon and ARMS. But they just aren't for me.

It's worse for the Xbox. Everything I would ever want on the Xbox I can get on the PS4, I'm pretty sure. The problem with the Switch is different. Nintendo has plenty of franchises that I love, but they're either conspicuously absent OR they are just Wii U releases (Mario Kart 8, Zelda). Someday the Switch will probably have some more titles to its name, but that time isn't now. They are not releasing anything exciting for me right now.

Yeah, I have definitely clocked the most time on Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I've picked up MK8DX and ARMS, but haven't played much of them (the first for obvious reasons, the second because ... I dunno). I have however picked up quite a few eShop releases that interested me, like the remake of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, and (this week) that demo of MHXX from Japan.

Already did. :3

In fact, when I got my tax return last Friday, here's what I bought at Best Buy:

1. Nintendo Switch (Red/Blue Joy-Cons)
2. Nintendo Switch screen protector
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
5. Nintendo Switch carrying case (Breath of the Wild edition)

I'm not going to right now. I'm gonna hold off until the main title for Fire Emblem releases for it, and the Pokemon game.

Holding off till June 2018, to see if:
1. The outrageous resale price of Switches has dropped...
2. Or a new iteration is dropping with Pokemon.

It's very expensive, so probably not. I visit my best friend every year in the UK, and that trip means everything to me, I NEED it. Buying a Switch would mean I might not be able to afford that, so that's not an option.

And besides, so far, I really don't feel the need to get a Switch. Maybe if a really good Super Smash Bros or Pokemon game would be there, I might save up for it, but for the time being, I have no desire to spend a shitload of money on a console I don't really want.

Not planning on buying it as it's too expensive. I wasn't planning to buy a 3DS either at the time of release, though. The only reason I ended up buying a 2DS much later is that I found a very good offer and felt like giving the Gen VII Pokemon games a try. So you never know how I might think of it several years later.

Im probably going to pick one up next month. Its got a few games on it already that I want and some coming out this winter and next spring.

Well, I'm hoping to pick one up in time for Pokkén DX (or maybe Super Mario Odyssey Xenoblade Chronicles 2), it's just a matter of if there're any decently-priced ones for sale... *Le sigh*

... I still fail to understand what qualifies $300 as an "outrageous" launch price. Even if you just want to compare current prices, an XBox One S runs you about $300 while a base PS4 runs you ... also about $300.
So what's the deal? Videogaming is, and has always been, pretty spendy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom