1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We've overhauled the Bulbagarden forum rules. You should read the new set here !
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Bulbagarden is currently running a site-wide staff drive! Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you going to buy a Switch?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by SpiritWater, Dec 1, 2016.

Voter count: 50
?

Are you going to buy a Switch next year?

1. At launch

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. Sometime after launch and before December

13 vote(s)
    26.0%
  3. For Christmas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Undecided, waiting until Jan 13 for more info

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  5. No, only in 2018, 2019 or later

15 vote(s)
    30.0%
  6. Never, bacuse *insert reasonable reason here*

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. Kisu

Kisu Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm with you on I'd buy a 3ds successor first too.

I love the 3ds,I'm kinda disappointed Nintendo didn't do more with the new 3ds,now it feels like a cash grab and I feel a little ripped off there isn't more content for it

2. Lyrebird

Lyrebird Goddess

Blog Posts:
    I'm not buying it. I have an Xbox One which I'm fine with and I don't get time with work and other stuff to play video games much

Kisu likes this.
  3. Froyo

Froyo Sleepless Dessert

Blog Posts:
    Definitely not this year, and probably not the next. I really need to catch up with gaming stuff and uh, the current generation will have to take a backseat as a result lol.

poke trey and DoctorWhy like this.
  4. DoctorWhy

DoctorWhy Time Lord wannabe

Blog Posts:
    Until a main series Pokemon game is released for the Switch, as well as a new model, I won't be getting it. I already have way too many games I'm behind on.

The only current Switch exclusive that I really want to play is Mario Odyssey, and I don't mind putting it off until there's a new model, big price drop, and/or main series Switch Pokemon game.

#84 DoctorWhy, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 4:21 AM
    Maniacal Engineer likes this.
  5. PkmnTrainerV

PkmnTrainerV Flame Trainer

Blog Posts:
    I hope there's a dockless version coming by... the only game I have a desire to play console only on the Switch is Super Mario Odyssey, and third party docks (and cheaper resales from EBay) will solve the issue. Wasn't 2DS release made to coincide with XY's?

Also, the newer iterations of the handhelds look gorgeous compared to the OG ones. OG 3DS looked HIDEOUS to me and I'm head-over-heels on the New 2DS XL.
    The Switch imo is the best looking Nintendo console or handheld, but I just want to see them make this design even better. And the Joy-Cons are the most charming controllers I've seen.

I just want to see what Nintendo can do with the console when Pokemon comes along when I make a purchase.

I won't be getting a Switch this year because I'm having very crucial exams this year. Next year will be a relatively easy and lighter one, so it'll be the perfect time to take the plunge.

6. Aulos

Aulos Winds <3

Blog Posts:
    I still haven't budged. I'm just not impressed with it. Super Mario Odyssey is pretty much the only thing the system has going for it. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited that they decided to take the 3D Mario series back to the style that set 64/Sunshine apart, but it just isn't enough to convince me to get a Switch at this point. There's nothing else on the system.

Pokemon Switch could turn out to be good, or it could turn out to be another mediocre output like Sun/Moon. In fact, even worse, it could just be the same engine as Sun/Moon in HD. After Sun/Moon, Gamefreak/Nintendo has to prove it to me that I need their next Pokemon title. Either way, we don't know anything about the title yet, so it's too early to even think about it.

Was hoping for maybe an Animal Crossing announcement at E3, but nothing of the sorts. Right now the Switch doesn't have games and that paid online system that's coming. EW. There's just no reason to own one for me.

7. Stratelier

Stratelier Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Depends on what you are looking for, of course. It's the same reason I've never had any interest in Microsoft's consoles -- haven't seen much in the way of console exclusives that would appeal to me. There was only one title I've seen for XB1 that absolutely screamed "must play" but as luck would have it, it's available for Windows 10 too.

8. CherubCookie

CherubCookie Cookie Monster

Blog Posts:
    I was lucky enough to get one at launch ^^ It's pretty fun and I have spent many hours on the games I have for it. Bring on Super Mario Odyssey and a new Pokemon game and I'll be set.

(and an Animal Crossing game and I'll be very happy!)

9. Dolce

Dolce deal with the devil

Blog Posts:
    So that was my initial plan. Come release I had the money for a Switch and wanted to spoil myself during my birthday. But of course I couldn't find any, and bought a PS4 cause Persona 5.

A few weeks ago I found a Switch at a WalMart and ofc I didn't have the money. So I'm back to plan A.

10. Aulos

Aulos Winds <3

Blog Posts:
    Of course, I'm speaking purely from my opinion. I know other people like Splatoon and ARMS. But they just aren't for me.

It's worse for the Xbox. Everything I would ever want on the Xbox I can get on the PS4, I'm pretty sure. The problem with the Switch is different. Nintendo has plenty of franchises that I love, but they're either conspicuously absent OR they are just Wii U releases (Mario Kart 8, Zelda). Someday the Switch will probably have some more titles to its name, but that time isn't now. They are not releasing anything exciting for me right now.

11. Stratelier

Stratelier Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I have definitely clocked the most time on Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I've picked up MK8DX and ARMS, but haven't played much of them (the first for obvious reasons, the second because ... I dunno). I have however picked up quite a few eShop releases that interested me, like the remake of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, and (this week) that demo of MHXX from Japan.

12. PikachuColoredPichu

PikachuColoredPichu BOW TO YOUR MASTER

Blog Posts:
    Already did. :3

In fact, when I got my tax return last Friday, here's what I bought at Best Buy:

1. Nintendo Switch (Red/Blue Joy-Cons)
    2. Nintendo Switch screen protector
    3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
    4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
    5. Nintendo Switch carrying case (Breath of the Wild edition)

13. Alolan Ninetales

Alolan Ninetales Who is the fairest of them all?

Blog Posts:
    I'm not going to right now. I'm gonna hold off until the main title for Fire Emblem releases for it, and the Pokemon game.

14. PkmnTrainerV

PkmnTrainerV Flame Trainer

Blog Posts:
    Holding off till June 2018, to see if:
    1. The outrageous resale price of Switches has dropped...
    2. Or a new iteration is dropping with Pokemon.

15. Champion Bayleef

Blog Posts:
    It's very expensive, so probably not. I visit my best friend every year in the UK, and that trip means everything to me, I NEED it. Buying a Switch would mean I might not be able to afford that, so that's not an option.

And besides, so far, I really don't feel the need to get a Switch. Maybe if a really good Super Smash Bros or Pokemon game would be there, I might save up for it, but for the time being, I have no desire to spend a shitload of money on a console I don't really want.