• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are you introverted?

I am...

• Total voters
Reaction score
I am. I simply value time by myself, away from people up until the moment I want to talk to someone. I can be sociable, bust mostly I just want to pursue my hobbies or focus on my work. Solo tasks. It's not so much that I don't like people, more like I can't be bothered with most conversation or interaction until I seek it. School was horrible for me because you're thrown into an extroverted environment - group tasks with people you don't want to be paired up with was always an awful time for me. I'd rather do my work solo. Social stuff just drains me, after seeing a close friend for a couple hours I feel completely sapped of energy and can vent my frustrations on myself or others, like when my space is invaded.

This is how I'd feel quite a lot of the time:
maSVpcH.jpg

Gy3hF.png

I suppose I'd say I'm between the two, but lean more towards introverted, if only slightly. I like spending time alone, but there are times when I feel the need to be with a friend or have a small conversation with a physical person. I don't like large crowds, but can handle them pretty easily and will occasionally have fun at big social gatherings. I think it really depends on my mood, to be honest, since there are times where I can be the "center of attention" kind of person who's the one shouting.

I had problems working in groups with other students who I didn't know or didn't like, and that was an issue with me for a while. I don't really mind now, but I usually prefer to work alone on things, even if I am good friends with the group members.

That all said, I love spending time to myself and would love it if I had a solid 24 hours to recharge alone every week.

I am pretty introverted. Its actually hard for me to talk to a lot of people IRL. A lot of times I really wont know what to talk about. I rarely ever initiate a conversation myself and I find that very hard to do. I dont like being around large crowds and sometimes will feel exhausted after being around a lot of people or even if just one person is very attentive to me. I dont really mind being by myself that much for this reason. Its not that I dont like people or talking to them, its just it can be difficult and draining for me sometimes.

• Staff
I am pretty introverted. Its actually hard for me to talk to a lot of people IRL. A lot of times I really wont know what to talk about. I rarely ever initiate a conversation myself and I find that very hard to do. I dont like being around large crowds and sometimes will feel exhausted after being around a lot of people or even if just one person is very attentive to me. I dont really mind being by myself that much for this reason. Its not that I dont like people or talking to them, its just it can be difficult and draining for me sometimes.

Are you me? :p

I'm introverted. I like spending time with my friends and everything, but after a few hours it starts to drain me and I need time to myself to get my energy back. I also don't usually talk as much when I'm with a group of friends and instead prefer to listen. As for talking to new people, I don't mind it that much, but most of the time they have to start the conversation. (Group projects are actually the exception for me, because I'm focused on doing the project and feel like I have to try and contribute something.) Once I get to know someone better I'll probably start conversations with them more often.

I'm okay with being an introvert, but some people in my family used to make fun of me for being "antisocial" because I didn't feel like talking to them all the time. And for some reason them teasing me didn't make me want to socialize with them more. :-/ Sorry I just had to rant about that a little.

Sorry I just had to rant about that a little.

Nah, it's all cool. Sometimes we just need to let it out. I went through the same thing you did. Family and schoolmates would always tell me I was stuck up and made fun of me for being the same way. It really sucked and made me wish I was an extrovert. Now, I'm just happy the way I am and if other people can't accept who we are, well, tough titty to them.

I'm perfectly polite in-person and I would never describe myself as anti-social, but I am rarely the conversation starter and I'm usually the listener, not the talker. Working in groups is bleh, and while I don't mind working one-on-one, I just feel more comfortable working alone. Sucks how even college is making people work in groups. I thought I was through with that bullshit when I finished high school.

I'm introverted. I like spending time with my friends and everything, but after a few hours it starts to drain me and I need time to myself to get my energy back. I also don't usually talk as much when I'm with a group of friends and instead prefer to listen. As for talking to new people, I don't mind it that much, but most of the time they have to start the conversation. (Group projects are actually the exception for me, because I'm focused on doing the project and feel like I have to try and contribute something.) Once I get to know someone better I'll probably start conversations with them more often.

Are you my clone? lol

Seriously though, that's pretty much everything I was going to say. I didn't have many friends in school back them, but I'm doing better now that I'm in middle school. The thing is, in my previous school, everyone noticed I was quiet and assumed I didn't want to be friends with anyone. Of course that wasn't true. But now, I have classmates that actually talk to me. When we have to work in groups, I know instantly who I want to work with. I'm still more on the shy side though, so I choose the introvert option in the poll.

Completely introverted. Although I don't mind working in environments that require interacting with people (I work as a cashier at the moment and I actually like the part meeting different people every day), when I'm resting, I need that time alone. I can tell, because even my own brother can annoy me when he 'interrupts' me just lying down on the bed, trying to rest and be alone for once. I know that he isn't trying to take my resting time away on purpose, but even so, I'm thinking at a small corner in my head 'get out right now, can't you see I need time alone, I don't have time for that chat about the recent football game news because I couldn't care less'.
I like eating, going to stores or shopping alone (I like it more than having to drag an unwilling person). I prefer video or PC games that is more up to the person playing rather than based on multiplayer (having to invite 50 people just to advance a part in a story? goddamn it pls) Most of the people around my age think that hanging out with lots of friends when you have the day off is the way to relieve stress, but that kind of loud setting tends to give me stress rather than relieve stress.

Introverted.
Sure I can get on with people and am fine with meeting new people, mostly because I have moved around a lot so it's not like I had a choice, but I do prefer my own company or the company of a select few. I dislike parties and social gatherings because they're just not my thing. Going around a friend's house to play video games is my sort of thing. I don't mind meeting up with a few friends for coffee either. I just prefer my own company in my spare time because I don't have to constantly watch what I say because no one's about.

According to every attempt to quantify the enigmatic processes of the human mind that I've subjected myself to (think a lot of on-line tests referencing Carl Jung), I'm an introvert. I'm still pretty firmly slanted more toward introversion than extroversion, but over the years that slant has gotten less extreme. I think that's because I try to behave in such a way that allows other people to see my idea of a good person, and that person is friendly and willing to interact with his fellow man. Even if it may not come as naturally to me as others, I still make an effort to be an approachable person who's fun to be around, and over the years, predictably, that's gotten easier. I really do care about the people around me, like a lot of people, and I think being introverted/extroverted is unrelated entirely to that attitude. It's all a matter of whether or not you really just don't care if no one understands you, which I can't imagine being okay with, or being like me and wanting to be sure that I'm setting a good example for people around me.

I am here. Major happenings are occurred because I simply just couldn't get social with another guy. You know that introvert person like me shouldn't be bugged with activities, however my parents kept kick my ass for being such a loner and forces me to do heavy stuff that I couldn't do like socializing with people. This also why my school life was kinda suck every time a groupie projects comes around. And just like what Baf said, if the teacher gives the opportunity to choose your own partner, that'll be my biggest misery. Honestly, I just want to had a relaxing time with you guys chatting all over and precisely this could've been my activities for 16 hours/day.

Oh, and I've come up with this picture for those who want to know what things should be for introverts

f148246765fd3d87e88972a092cd009a.jpg

Last edited:
Introverted.
Sure I can get on with people and am fine with meeting new people, mostly because I have moved around a lot so it's not like I had a choice, but I do prefer my own company or the company of a select few. I dislike parties and social gatherings because they're just not my thing. Going around a friend's house to play video games is my sort of thing. I don't mind meeting up with a few friends for coffee either. I just prefer my own company in my spare time because I don't have to constantly watch what I say because no one's about.

Huh. You're a lot like me.

I like it, though. When it doesn't get me in trouble, anyways. I've got a group of good friends at school who (because we're all kind of socially awkward) don't mind that sort of thing. It's also easier it just observe other people and see what's going on, rather than being in the middle of it all and getting lost in it. Keeps me out of trouble and I can laugh at others' dumb ideas.

Given the kind of forum this is, I can't honestly say I'm surprised that there are a lot of introverts around here. :p

I am 100% introverted. Ive never enjoyed being around lots of people or just talking to any one I see nearby. Just playing games or pursuing my hobbies and interest by myself is awesome for me. Ocasionally I like to hang out with friends from work but since I work all the time I already see them all the time. :)
Its hard being an introvert and working a strong sales based retail job.

I like to hide from civilization and ignore everything that happens around me. In school, I didn't play with others and wanted to leave and go to my home and hide there forever. [size=-9]Sounds too fantastical I know.[/size]

Does that mean I'm introverted? I don't know for sure since I'm not a psychologist.

I'm introverted. For any family gathering I'm usually sitting at a table in a far off corner by my lonesome because I can't stand being around my family. They're all extroverted and I'm pretty much the odd one out so when I do hang out with them I just really can't keep up with their zaniness. When it comes to friends I love the lot of them, but heck there's just times where I don't know what to say so there's always an awkward silence or two when I'm around. So I find while I do enjoy the company of all my friends, it's usually better for me to meet them scarcely. And heck on here I'm just slow to reply, I often take days just because I don't have it in me to keep a conversation going. But at the same time I can't have too many conversations. Though by no means do I hate the company of others or any of that, I love meeting people or helping others just on my own time really.

Last edited:
I'm extroverted and somewhat talkative. I had made a test with a psychologist to know about myself, and the results i'm 57% extroverted.
In the jungs test, I'm always ENFP. It says somethig :)

Btw anyway, I'm not the one who loves everyone, but i always express my opinion openly. In the university i took part in the academic center and gave lectures, etc... And when people know me better, they are surprised about my nerdy side. But I'm the one who likes to party in a weekend, and another rest my head reading a book or playng a game alone. And sometimes i when a dont take a break from people I got stressed about the cruel world we live and some idiotic behaviors.

Sometimes I can be introverted, but usually I enjoy being around other people. I enjoy spending time with my friends. I was a lot more introverted when I was younger, but I've learned to make friends.

It's funny, because in a job interview I had the other day I was asked if I was an introvert after a few questions (I don't think it was part of the actual questionnaire, I think the interviewer was just trying to deduce what kind of person I am). I kind of reluctantly said yes, because all of these job listings always seem to state that they're looking for someone sociable and American society seems to have a thing against introversion. Surprisingly, he didn't seem to mind at all and I start orientation soon!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom