• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are you introverted?

I am...

• Total voters
I'm introverted when I'm at school/in public.I put on stoic mask until either I'm in the presence my sister or something ridiculous happens and it's almost a crime not to laugh.

When I'm with family or close friends I'm extroverted.My sister has said I talk to much a lot.

Yes, unfortunately I am introverted. My introvertion mainly stems from performance anxiety. In class I'm very silent and almost invisible I guess. I've often been judged by people who hardly know me and I've been told that I come across as stand-offish, which is quite hurtful. Because I get along with people quite well, if I trust them and get along with them. And basically I do quite well in one-on-one conversations, but fade away completely in group conversations.

Besides the fact that I sometimes find it "scary" to talk, I just don't always feel the need to talk. I don't like small talk, and just have nothing to add to these kind of conversations. But I can have lengthy converations with someone if I'm passionate about the subject.

And at home and with family or friends I'm quite the different person. I talk a lot with my parents about the latest news, life, anything really.

I'm very introverted which I consider to be part social anxiety and part disposition. I like my own company. I'm the type of person who likes to invited to social gatherings because it makes me feel wanted but the going part is the bit I don't really like. I can be quite shy in lots of situations and struggle to find good ways to keep a conversation going and hold people's attention in real life. Well, it feels that way anyway. It doesn't really bother me though because I like my own space and my own company. That's a big reason for me why holding down a boyfriend is so hard. I just have so little time for people which is often misunderstood as rude or even arrogant. It's not. I just like having my own space and I don't consider 'loner' which i've been called a few times, especially by my own family, an insult.

Sometimes introverted, sometimes extroverted. I often have to be forced to go to a social situation, but once I'm there I can handle myself well. I also have a lot of friends, but there are times I want to keep to myself.

The poll took my vote as extroverted, however I meant to choose introverted. Using a tablet and slow internet at the moment.

Though, the way it turned it is somewhat true for me. I am more of an introvert, but at times I am both. Sometimes, I excel and flourish with certain people, especially close friends, and I become louder and more energized and extroverted. However, I have often grown up more introverted in nature. Even my parents agree that my introvertedness and extrovertedness are both real, just at different times and levels depending on my environment. I'm an odd sort. Sometimes I'm the biggest extrovert, wanting to hang out with friends and be active with people. But a lot of other times, I can't stand to be around people and I must be alone and introverted. I'm odd. I'm in between the two answers, however I am not normal or average.

I'm a bit introverted. If given the choice between attending a social event and staying at home to read/watch TV/play games/whatever, I typically stay at home. It's not that I don't like people or anything; I just happen to enjoy the exact amount of interaction I get from daily life. Anything past that and I start to get more anxious.

The poll took my vote as extroverted, however I meant to choose introverted. Using a tablet and slow internet at the moment.

I'll change it.

EDIT: I've changed the number, but I can't actually change your vote. So even though it says 5, there's really 6 votes.

Man, I am as extraverted as I can be! I love talking to people. Strangers, friends, I gotta talk to 'em all. Just like, hop up and start something man. That's what I do. And I'll do it till the day I die man!

A mix of both. I love people, love talking to people, and I'm very loud and outgoing and not shy at all. On the other hand, I'm easily stressed and drained by others, feel the need to be alone a lot, and I don't really know how to interact with others so I mostly don't talk for fear of upsetting others. That's not because I'm introverted though, because I'm not.

I'm pretty sure the word for being neither is "ambivert", by the way, but I could be wrong.

A mix of both. I love people, love talking to people, and I'm very loud and outgoing and not shy at all. On the other hand, I'm easily stressed and drained by others, feel the need to be alone a lot, and I don't really know how to interact with others so I mostly don't talk for fear of upsetting others. That's not because I'm introverted though, because I'm not.

I'm pretty sure the word for being neither is "ambivert", by the way, but I could be wrong.

That's a very common introverted tendency. The need to be alone to recharge while someone like me needs to be social to recharge. There are ambiverts and it is the right term.

Updating from my previous post, even thought it hasn't really been a while.

I'd definitely consider myself an ambivert, as I don't think I'm introverted but also don't think I'm extroverted. (well, i kind of talked about that in my previous post, but i was reading an article about ambiverts yesterday and it made me think about this thread) But I do strongly feel that I'm in the middle instead of leaning one way now.

I like talking to others and getting to know them, and I don't feel drained after a long day out. Tired, maybe, but not like I need to spend a while by myself. I like being loud and animated, but there are times when I'm very quiet and want to soak in as much silence as possible. I enjoy spending time alone, but also like to spend time with friends. I can easily adjust to the situation I'm in, even if I feel a little awkward at first. Generally I get along quite well with people and somehow seem to fit to match them.

Would be interesting to add an 'Ambivert' option to the poll if possible, imo.

I am a really shy person most of the time. It's not that I don't like talking to people. When I'm around my friends, I'm pretty much the voice of reason, and I cherish my friends dearly. Sometimes I just prefer time to myself, enjoying my hobbies or doing solo work. I don't really like social gatherings with strangers, but I'm fine with family (and anime conventions. YEEESSSSS) and friends. But I want to get to know people before doing things with them. That's why I don't really like shaking hands or telling strangers about myself when I'm introduced to them. My parents keep telling me its rude to hide from people but I just don't like being forced to open myself up to someone. I want to open up to people on my own terms. I did try to make friends at my school's anime club since I transferred there from another college, but it was too different from my previous one, and the people there didn't seem very willing to make friends.

I like being alone and staying inside, but if I go too long without seeing family or friends, I get very depressed.

I like being around people, but have a hard time starting a conversation and becoming friends. Thus I'd have to say that I'm more an introvert.

While I still think I fall somewhere in between, I think I lean toward extroverted.

It must be said that when I'm home, I like being alone in my room... It's my comfort space, where I like to be left alone. However, when I'm out in public I crave constant socialization and get bored out of my mind if no one is around. Kind of curious to see what would happen if I got a relationship, and had someone else in my room frequently. lol

Definitely a mix of both. I can't do without my personal space and my down time, but I am at my happiest in a crowd, and I'm very talkative within that situation.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom