• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are You Justice?-- A Death Note RP (Sign-ups always open!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaura

Reaction score
The battle between Kira and L never happened. Six Shinigami lose their Death Notes.

Chaos ensues.
You’re walking around, minding your own business when you catch a glimpse of a strange black notebook with an eerie aura. You reach down to pick it up.

Death Note, it says.

You open it, curious, and read the rules.

-The human whose name is written in this note shall die.

-This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person’s face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.

-If the cause of death is written within the next 40 seconds of writing the person’s name, it will happen.

-If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.

-After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

You have your own Death Note, a genuine Shinigami murder weapon. What do you do with it?
RP RULES
1. I am the GM and what I say is law. However, I would definitely like a few co-GMs to help me out. If you would like to be a co-GM, let me know! I’ll need a lot of help if I’m going to get this off the ground!

2. No tennising please!

3. No Godmodding either!

4. This is Death Note. Of course violence and gore is allowed. Sexual content, however, I will ask you to keep it PG-13. Swearing is alright, just as long as you don’t drop an F-bomb every single post, ok?

5. In your sign up, you may be a human or Shinigami. The first six human characters who sign up will get death notes, and I’ll pair you up with someone who has a Shinigami character. There can only be six Shinigami, and six humans with death notes, but I’ll accept any number of regular humans. (For victims, accomplices, a task force against the Kiras, etc….)

6. I suggest making multiple characters, because characters will be killed off.

7. If you’d like to kill one of your characters or another person’s character, you have to have a Death Note and know their face and name.

8. If one person’s character knows your character’s face and name, and the other person’s character has a death note and wants to kill your character, then, sorry. Your character is dead. Nobody escapes the Death Note.

9. Please post regularly. If you are inactive for more than a week and don’t let me know in advance that you’ll be gone, then I’ll come up with a creative way to kill your character(s).

10. Nobody can kill anybody without my or one of the co-GM’s approval!

11. Please respect other roleplayers. Don’t get upset because your character is dead and pick a fight with another member. People die. Suck it up and deal with it.

12. No character is invincible, except for Shinigami. And they are only partially invincible…

13. I’m not establishing a solid plot for this. If we agree on all the Kiras to banding together and make a Kira vs. Some Awesome Detective plot, or make the Kiras compete amongst themselves, or a little bit of both, I don’t care. I figure it’s only fair, since characters will be killed off. (Mwahahaha)

14. If a Kira is killed off, the Shinigami can take the Death Note and give it to somebody else or the Shinigami can return to the Shinigami realm.

15. If you need a minor, minion-like character I don’t require a sign-up. Just PM or VM me the name and alias, if there is one.

16. If you’ve read all these rules, put “I AM JUSTICE!” in your sign-up somewhere.

Okay! Now that we have all the rules out of the way, it’s time for the sign-up!

Name:
Alias: (I strongly suggest one of these)
Human or Shinigami:
Occupation: (What your character does for a living. If you’re a Shinigami, you can leave this spot blank)
Location: (Where your character lives, can be anywhere in the world. If you’re a Shinigami, this is obviously the Shinigami Realm)
Appearance: (Please be specific. If you’re a Shinigami, be creative! Let your imagination go wild)
Personality: (Be specific. Describe your character’s strengths and weaknesses)
Backstory: (For a human I’d like one or two paragraphs, but if you want to keep it vague, that’s fine. Shinigami don’t really need a backstory, since most of them just sit in the Shinigami realm, but if you’d like to add a backstory then by all means do it)
Other: (Anything else you’d like to add)

My sign-ups:

Name: Aurora
Alias: None
Human or Shinigami: Shinigami
Appearance: Aurora takes the appearance of a tall woman with jet black skin and a sexy supermodel’s body. She wears an almost see-through white gown and her waist-length wavy hair is rainbow-colored. Her eyes are a bright, shining red, and her wings are like an angel's, only black.
Personality: Aurora is a very fun-loving Shinigami and loves to see a good show. She gets bored extremely easily and is restless in the Shinigami world. Maybe if she dropped a Death Note in the human world, she’d have some fun watching the show…
Backstory: None
Other: I AM JUSTICE!

Name: Juan Yuki
Alias: Carlos Muerto
Human or Shinigami: Human
Appearance: Carlos is half Mexican, half Japanese. He has tanned skin, deep brown eyes, and black hair. He’s tall and lean, but although it doesn’t look like it, he’s very strong.
Personality: As the son of the Mexican mafia leader, Mr. Muerto, Carlos has been raised from a young age to assassinate and kill. But he’s no psychopath, and won’t kill without a reason. His emotions sometimes get in the way of his work; he has a soft spot for pretty girls and little children, making him easy to manipulate. In public, he is very quiet and keeps to himself. He’s lonely and wishes he had a friend or someone to talk to.
However, when he’s able to push his emotions out of the way, he’s ruthless, and able to carry out missions with a deadly accuracy.
Backstory: Carlos’s mother died under mysterious circumstances before he could remember, and he ended up living with his dad, Mr. Muerto. Mr. Muerto taught his son everything he knew—how to steal, lie, cheat, and kill. He's Mr. Muerto's right-hand man and assisted him in multiple missions.
Other: I will be posting a sign-up for Mr. Muerto if I can get enough interest in this RP. Oh yeah, and I AM JUSTICE!

Accepted characters:
Shinigami:
1.Aurora (Fairy_Palace)
2. Dako (GoldenMuk)
3. Haki (ZettaReapz)
4.Neiro (Hadesherio)
5. Morte (Sorrow Blue)
6. Machina (Renewal)
Kiras:
1. Carlos Muerto (Fairy_Palace)
2. Komikisomma (Godo-kun)
3. Izumi Tamura (Egghatch)
4. Tyler Lane (Sky Flame Haze
5. Seymour Caban (Hadeshiro)
6. Sharda Dragon (Roserade299909)
Regular humans:
Task Force:
1. Bliss (Mouthful of Pi)
2. Grace Anderson (Fairy_Palace)
3. Reserved for Renewal
4. Sophia Harris (Egghatch)
5.Dustin Lane (Sky Flame Haze)
6.Helena Ashton (Renewal)
7. Eric Harrison (Godo-kun)

Graveyard (victims):

Last edited:
Name: Sik Cliffnem

Alias: Komikisomma

Human

Appearance: 6'2", brown-natural-highlighted colored hair, brown eyes dresses like he's from the rural area

Personality: Sik acts well minded, but can be random at time. He does his best to keep his calm, but when he is pushed too far, he can snap, and badly.

Backstory: Sik lived in the rural areas of Ohio until his father had to move closer to his work, and thus, doesn't fit in with the urban life of New Philie. He avoids the streets as much as possible, walking in alleys, backroads, and sometimes even in people's yards. He is also picked on by people at his high school, not only for the way he acts, but also his beliefs; he believes in native american myths. When he comes across a random black-bound journal with the words Death Note on them, he thinks it is a gift from the Old Man (Blackfoot interperation of the Creator). He hasn't used it yet, as he's not a murderous person, but he has read over the rules, if a situation would require it.

Other: As mentioned before, he believes in Native American legends, so he doesn't get the concept of Shinigami and Japanese mythology.

EDIT: Oh, Am I Justice?

Name: Eliot Nadel

Alias: Bliss

Appearance: At exactly six feet two, Eliot's a little tall for his age. He has fairly long blue hair, mostly because he hates the barber's shop (He's worried about getting his ears chopped off.) He usually dresses in formal styles, usually wearing a tuxedo vest, button up shirt, tie, slacks, and dress shoes. He always wears a pair of pink heart-shaped sunglasses, and has uncommonly large blue eyebrows. He has a pair of kitty ears he wears that he claims make him a better detective.

Personality: Eliot is a hedonist to the core. He loves women (Whom he shamelessly flirts with), money (Which he spends lavishly), and sour foods (Which he eats little but.) However, he can be genuinely nice, and even selfless at times. He is extremely spirited and outgoing too, and likes to make friends with everyone. He also loves kittens, and wants to use a children's card game to spread peace and love.

Backstory: Eliot was just a normal teenager who liked murder mysteries and had a delusion that he was an amateur sleuth. In his town of Honolulu, there was a degenerate murderer who killed 8 people in one day. Eliot accidentally caught him when he dropped a banana peel and the murderer slipped on it. Ever since then, people have thought he was a great detective who caught a murderer in 1 hour.
Upon hearing about a supernatural murderer, Eliot decided he should help. Taking the name Bliss, he decided to capture them and bring them to justice. And also get the girl.

Other: I am justice or whatever.

@Mouthful of Pi
I assume that this character will be making a task force, and you don't want a Death Note?

Last edited:
Well, now that I know we'll be having a task force, and we have an extremely...interesting detective, I may make another character to join Elliot. XD

Oh soo many good rpgs now!
Name: Haki
Alias: Switches sides.
Human or Shinigami: shinigami.
Appearance: Haki is dressed in a maid outfit. She has dead branches growing out of her back and her maid outfit is stiched onto her body, thus making her forever clothed. Her left eye has no pupul and has "X" instead, she stands around "5.10"
Personality: Haki's curiousity knows no limits. She has watched humans Sleep down to mate, she has watched over a hundred different ways of death. She is normally kind to humans and often tries to make them live longer only to have a terrible death. She often has trouble bringing the end to single or widowed humans, and often forms relationships with humans to try to find affection and happiness from something that's not finding something out.
Backstory:
Other: She has a sweet tooth and also claims "I AM JUSTICE!" when bored.

Name: Dako
Alias: none

Description:
IMAG0034.jpg
Dako is a Shinigami Enforcer; particularly brutal Shinigami hand-picked by the Shinigami King to hunt down and punish rogue Shinigami. To help in this role, he was given, by the Shinigami King himself, one of 3 weapons capable of injuring, and even killing other Shinigami. However, this weapon has no effect in the Shinigami Realm, so he must get his quarry into the Human World first. It is a large, simple knife that Dako is never seen without. Dako is an ancient Shinigami, so his attire is little more than sackcloth. However, he does sport a dashing pair of boots looted from his last visit to the Human World. Dakos most notable features are his mask and left arm, which are armoured, and bright red. He stole these from the first Shinigami he killed as an Enforcer. Unlike most Shinigami, Dako is incapable of flight. Instead, he travels by melting into shadow. He has the unsettling habit of hitching rides in the shadows of other, flight capable Shinigami. He has 4 beady yellow eyes, visible through the eyeholes of his mask.

Personality: Dako is brutal, even by Shinigami standards. He holds almost all life in utter disregard, except, for some reason, the Shinigami King, who he respects to the point of blind obedience. He relishes his job as Shinigami Enforcer, sometimes even coaxing more naive Shinigami into breaking the rules, just to provide himself with some sport. As far as using his DeathNote is concerned, he would only ever share it with a human in which he recognised aspects of himself. Needless to say, that would result in an horrific combination. Dako has a habit of disregarding the "heart attack unless otherwise specified" rule of his DeathNote, and personally dispatches the victims with his knife, which is capable of damaging both humans and Shinigami. Dako is also known to have a soft spot for wolves...

Backstory: Dako is believed to be the spirit of the first ever serial killer, resurrected and given a purpose by the Shinigami King. He is one of 3 Shinigami Enforcers in existence, tasked with keeping all other Shinigami in line. No other Shinigami alive today, with the exception of the Shinigami King, know what his true face looks like, as he stole the mask he wears from his first victim, a rogue Shinigami named Akut. Dako also took Akuts left arm, as Dakos own arm was severed by his own knife in the conflict. Dako has now entered the Human Realm, hot on the trail of yet another rogue Shinigami...

Last edited:
@ZettaReapz
As long as your Shinigami doesn't write names in the Death Note to help other humans, you are accepted! (Because if a Shinigami writes a name in the Death Note to lengthen someone's life, they die)
@GoldenMuk Accepted!
And my Task Force person sign-up....
Name: Grace Anderson
Alias(es): Kalypso, Jasmine Rivers
Occupation: Writer, part-time thief to satisfy her adrenaline rushes.
Appearance: Grace has waist-length auburn hair and piercing green eyes. She’s pretty short for her age at 5’ tall. Her skin is tanned by the sun. When she’s Jasmine Rivers, the writer, she wears glasses, sensible long skirts, and blouses. But when she’s Kalypso, the thief, she wears a skintight black leather suit, and a black scarf tied around her neck to cover the lower half of her face.
Personality: When Grace is Jasmine Rivers, the entirety of Jasmine’s personality is an act. She acts shy, sweet, and innocent, seemingly incapable of any crime. But when she’s Kalypso, her dark side shines through. She’s tough, sarcastic, extremely clever, and extremely slippery. However, through both of her personalities, Grace has a heart, though when she’s Kalypso she tries not to show it.
Backstory: Ever since Grace was little, she’s had pressure to “be good” and “not get in the way”. When she was fourteen, she cracked and ran away. She survived for awhile on the streets, stealing and committing petty crimes to get by, writing stuff in her free time. Her editor discovered her then, published some of her work and adopted her, giving her shelter and food. However, she really did miss committing crimes on the street. So at night, she snuck out and caused trouble while in the morning, she was the perfect, most angelic little girl.
She’s lived like this for most of her life, but when she find out about these strange coincidental deaths…maybe she can figure out what’s doing this, and write a bestseller about it in the process.
Other: I am justice. What now.

Last edited:
@Godo-kun @Mouthful of Pi @ZettaReapz
GoldenMuk is now a co-GM, and may accept or deny sign-ups while I'm away on vacation.
I'm leaving Thursday and should be back on November 6th, which will probably be the day that I post the start-up.
I'll accept another co-GM if anyone wants to do it. But only one other one.
Edit: Never mind, ZettaReapz is also a co-GM now. No more GM spots, sorry!

Last edited:
Name: Izumi Tamura
Alias: Sakura Mitome
Appearance: She has a petite figure and is slightly below average height. Her skin is pale, and she has light green eyes and straight, strawberry-blonde hair that reaches a few inches past her shoulders. She usually wears sweatpants or jeans, a black sweatshirt, T-shirt, and sneakers.
Personality: Izumi is very asocial, but will talk to people if she feels it necessary. She spends most of her free time on her laptop, listening to music, wandering through the forest behind her house, and/or reading, writing, or drawing manga. She is quite intelligent and mature, and strongly dislikes many people- mainly her peers-, deeming them close-minded and ignorant. She has a neutral, indifferent outlook on life, and always thinks of the costs and benefits of something when making important descisions. When they are equal, she is extremely indescisive.
Backstory: Izumi lives a mostly uneventful life with her mother and father. She doesn't have a good relationship with either of them- or anyone, for that matter. She was born in her father's home country, Japan, and moved to the US (more specifically, Massachusetts) when she was seven.
Also, Fairy_Palace, I love your avatar. :ksmile:

Last edited:
Reserve me a spot? And can we have two characters?

@Renewal Shinigami or Kira? Or both? (Yes you can have multiple characters if you want)

A Kira and a task force member. Playing both sides sounds fun :-D.

Oh, that sounds like fun.
A other task force memeber would be neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom