• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are You Justice?-- A Death Note RP (Start-Up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaura

Reaction score
@GoldenMuk @ZettaReapz @Sorrow Blue @Egghatch @Roserade299909 @Godo-kun @Hadeshiro @Mouthful of Pi @Sky Flame Haze

Alright! We're finally up and running!

Here are our characters:
Shinigami and Kiras:
Aurora (Fairy_Palace) and Seymour Caban (Hadeshiro)
Dako (GoldenMuk) and Izumi Tamura (Egghatch)
Haki (ZettaReapz) and Shandara Dragon (Roserade 299909)
Neiro (Hadeshiro) and Komikisomma (Godo-kun)
Morte (Sorrow Blue) and Carlos Muerto (Fairy_Palace)
Machina (Renewal) and Tyler Lane (Sky Flame Haze)
Task Force:
1. Bliss (Mouthful of Pi)
2. Grace Anderson (Fairy_Palace)
3. Helena Ashton (Renewal)
4. Sophia Harris (Egghatch)
5.Dustin Lane (Sky Flame Haze)

Graveyard (Dead Characters):

What's happened so far: I will update this weekly for anyone new who wants to sign up or anyone who's fallen behind.

Quick review of the rules:
RP RULES
1. I am the GM and what I say is law. However, I would definitely like a few co-GMs to help me out. If you would like to be a co-GM, let me know! I’ll need a lot of help if I’m going to get this off the ground!

2. No tennising please!

3. No Godmodding either!

4. This is Death Note. Of course violence and gore is allowed. Sexual content, however, I will ask you to keep it PG-13. Swearing is alright, just as long as you don’t drop an F-bomb every single post, ok?

5. In your sign up, you may be a human or Shinigami. The first six human characters who sign up will get death notes, and I’ll pair you up with someone who has a Shinigami character. There can only be six Shinigami, and six humans with death notes, but I’ll accept any number of regular humans. (For victims, accomplices, a task force against the Kiras, etc….)

6. I suggest making multiple characters, because characters will be killed off.

7. If you’d like to kill one of your characters or another person’s character, you have to have a Death Note and know their face and name.

8. If one person’s character knows your character’s face and name, and the other person’s character has a death note and wants to kill your character, then, sorry. Your character is dead. Nobody escapes the Death Note.

9. Please post regularly. If you are inactive for more than a week and don’t let me know in advance that you’ll be gone, then I’ll come up with a creative way to kill your character(s).

10. Nobody can kill anybody without my or one of the co-GM’s approval!

11. Please respect other roleplayers. Don’t get upset because your character is dead and pick a fight with another member. People die. Suck it up and deal with it.

12. No character is invincible, except for Shinigami. And they are only partially invincible…

13. I’m not establishing a solid plot for this. If we agree on all the Kiras to banding together and make a Kira vs. Some Awesome Detective plot, or make the Kiras compete amongst themselves, or a little bit of both, I don’t care. I figure it’s only fair, since characters will be killed off. (Mwahahaha)

14. If a Kira is killed off, the Shinigami can take the Death Note and give it to somebody else or the Shinigami can return to the Shinigami realm.

15. If you need a minor, minion-like character I don’t require a sign-up. Just PM or VM me the name and alias, if there is one.

Whew! Okay! Let's start this up!

Aurora looked down from the Shinigami Realm, sighing and luxuriously stretching her arms out.
“Well~~ Guess it’s about time for me to go,” she chuckled softly. “Time to see who has my Death Note…”
“What, you lost it again?”asked one of the Shinigami gambling their years away. “Typical.”
“No, I didn’t lose it. I just dropped it,” Aurora smirked, opening her black wings and heading down to the portal to the human world.
“Why the heck would you drop a notebook on purpose?”
“For fun~” she laughed and flew down into the human world.
Carlos Muerto opened his death note, and flipped through the first couple pages.
This has to be some stupid joke, he thought, reading through the rules. He knew plenty of ways to kill people, quick and painless, or long and drawn-out. But writing a name in a notebook was not one of them.
He didn’t know why he kept this thing. He’d had it for about a week or so, but hadn’t tried it out. It was probably a joke anyway.
He sighed, flipping through the pages and opening up to the rules, and reread them.
Eh. Why not?
He took a pen and put it above the paper. He paused for a second, thinking, then wrote down the name of a member of a rival gang that they had down in a cell.
Alright. Forty seconds, Carlos thought, leaning back in his chair. Heh, what am I thinking? This isn’t…
His thoughts were interrupted when the man who’d been guarding the prisoner burst into the room, his face pale.
“Errik Lloyd is dead!! He just clutched his chest, and kneeled over!”
Carlos’s eyes widened, and he quickly shut the death note. He shoved it in a drawer, closed it, and ran out after the guard to the cell. Sure enough, Errik Lloyd was lying on the ground, eyes wide open, but not seeing a thing.
The death note was real.
I am Jasmine Rivers, the shy, sweet young writer. I’m Jasmine Rivers.
Grace Anderson walked into her editor’s office, keeping her head down, putting on her shy, sweet, innocent act.
“Hello~” she said softly, putting her first 200-page manuscript of her novel down onto his desk, while he stared at his desktop computer, hammering away at the keyboard. He jumped, then turned to look at her.
“Oh! Jasmine! I almost didn’t notice you.” Mr. James Rivers smiled at her and looked down at her manuscript. “This is it?”
Grace nodded silently.
“Ah, well, thank you for dropping this off…how are you doing? Is the apartment nice?” James asked.
“It’s been fine,” Grace said and nodded, smiling. Now that she lived in her own place, she had more time to be Kalypso….her real, troublemaking self.
Barely suppressing a smirk, she pulled her bag back over her shoulder. “Oh, and…I’m sorry, but…I won’t be able to finish that poem for a few days…I’ll be a little…tied up.”
Tied up with trying to solve the cases of all these strange deaths. Of course it wouldn’t take just a few days, but…something worth investigating.
“Okay…just be sure to get it in as soon as possible, alright? The magazine won’t be waiting forever.”
“Yes, Mr. Rivers.”

Last edited:
Haki Gazed at the human world from have above in the shinigami Realm. She quietly lifted her death note from her chest and let go. The death note fell quietly towards the human realm. The dead branches on her back spread out like wings. Haki stepped forward and flew towards the human world.

"Death Note....seems simple enough," Tyler pointed out as she looked at the notebook that laid on top of his desk, after tripping over it while running around in the park he couldn't resist the urge to take it home. "Seems like one of those prank books people make," he said before opening the book and reading the rules written in it. "Wait...no way, there's just no way a notebook could do or that," he said before looking at a newspaper headline that was sitting in front of him. "I guess I can always test it out," he said fearfully as he looked at the headline and grabbed a pen. "Let's see um...raped his own daughter and kept her in the attic for two years before killing her I guess that guy has no chance to recover."

He then read through the paper and looked at the picture before writing the name down. He turned on the TV and put on the news channel knowing that such a huge new would still be reported especially since they were airing the trial. Suddenly the man began to clutch his chest and fell to his knees as he let out an agonizing scream and finally hit the floor. "Holy crap!" Tyler exclaimed as he looked down at the notebook in shock. "With this notebook I can kill anyone...I could become king of the wor...but I wont," he grabbed the notebook before closing it.

"I believe you but...There's no point," he said before putting the notebook inside his drawer and leaning on his chair, a book that could kill anyone he wanted to it could certainly help but...what was the right way to use it.

Dustin Lane was leaning against the chair in his office as he looked at the files in front of him. "I wish Tyler was here," he said before lowering his glasses and reading one of the files. "All these weird deaths that have been occurring around the world seem to have gotten a little more common lately," Dustin muttered as he read the files. "This might be bigger than we though," he took out a box of cigarettes before grabbing a cigarette for himself and lighting it. "This might get troublesome."

Haki slowly glided to the roof of a building, she took a step onto the roof then her branches returned to their dead state. Haki walked around on the roof and gave a spin. She was happy to be back in the world of the living. She sat down at the edge of the roof top and waited quietly for someone to find her death note.

Will anything new ever happen? fourteen-year-old Izumi Tamura thought as she walked home from school. The pale gray sky overhead, which hadn't changed for the entire day, seemed to wonder the same thing.

She was almost home when she came across a black notebook labelled with the words "Death Note" lying on the side of the road.
"What is this?" she wondered aloud, picking it up.
Something about it felt strange... as if it had some sort of supernatural powers. Overcome by curiosity, Izumi opened the notebook. To her surprise, nothing was written in it except the rules.
Anyone whose name is written in this notebook will die, she read. Hm... it must be some clever prank... maybe I'll test it out when I get home.

Meanwhile, 22-year-old task force member Sophia Harris sat in a chair, talking to her coworkers.
"These past few days have been so boring," she remarked. "It seems like it's been ages since we've worked on anything interesting."
Everyone murmured in agreement.

OOC: The next post I wrote was in response to the one below this. The only reason I'm saying that is because if it will show up, it will seem out-of-place.It's not showing up as I write this.

Last edited:
"My dear, this peace is what all true detectives fight for." Eliot says, dozing in a recliner, eating a lime. "You really want someone to get murdered?"

Haki saw a people pass by and she spotted a girl with a death note. She sighed. "Pick up my death note!...." She moaned and rolled off the roof top.

Sharda:

Sharda was walking a far ways behind the girl with a death note(Compliments to ZettaReapz) and when she got to the lawn, she saw a black book a short ways from the house walls. "Could someone have left it here?" Sharda asked herself, when she went to pick it up. "Death Note, huh?" Sharda said reading the title, "Sounds slightly interesting, might as well try it."
Sharda opened the book, a bit off of the front, since the first page was never the very front. "It's blank!" Sharda went to read the first few pages which are usually introductions and tables of contents, but only found rules. After reading them thoroughly, Sharda was surprised, "Kill anyone with just a simple name. That sound more like a prank than a book, might as well find out if it works or not though." Before even thinking about who to kill, Sharda thought about how to kill them. "I could always electrically shock them with just a simple car battery." Sharda thought to herself, "Though who to kill. How about the men always picking on my friends about be bisexual, they should deserve it just for being that judgemental."
Sharda took a pen out of her Carrier Bag, and wrote down his name, and then, right after, electrically shocked by a car battery. After a few seconds of thought, she put that car he should've been working on at that moment suddenly turned on, and killed him.
Minutes later, she heard a shout from his house, as she was walking by it, "He's Dead, My Son's Dead. His car just suddenly turned on, and now he is dead."
Sharda was surprised at this."It must work, that is exactly what I said would happen, and it had happened."

Haki laughed loudly. "Lovely!" She screamed she got up from the floor she had fell on. She smirked and began to walk. "Oh I feel it.. Someone's got my death note!" She said giggling now as she walked.

OOC:Does my character have to be "bad" for havin' a Death Note? 'Coz I have a great idea fer my character...

Sik was just doin' what he was usually doin'; walkin' in an alleyway on his way home. He still hasn't gottin' used to city life. Just this day after school, he almost obliviously into the street on a green light, only stopped by a teacher lookin' in that direction. He read over the weird book he found in that alley a few days ago. He believed it was real, but he's not gonna use it unless it would really be needed.

OOC: no, you don't have to be evil if you've got a death note. Also, please keep slang like walk'n and stuff to a minimum.

Last edited:
The notebook fell through a painting, and hit a sleeping Seymour in the head. "What the..? I know I put 'interesting' into that painting, but a black notebook?" He turned on the TV as he picked it up and read it. "Blank, except for the back and front covers. Death Note? Rules? Well, I guess I'll just use it for a pocket canvas."

Turning his gaze to the TV, Seymour saw something that angered him. It was one of those garbage talk shows, and today the guest appeared to be bashing American troops in the war on Terror, and that the whole thing was evil. Seymour was angry. He'd been in New York the day the planes came, on 9/11, 2003. He'd seen the towers come down. "How dare they!" Seymour shouted. "Our enemies kill us and themselves, and yet our own citizens speak against our troops! THEY HAVE NO RIGHT!"

"Maybe... Just maybe..." Seymour smiled, and picked up the Death Note from the floor. He'd read its rules. Seymour wrote the name that was displayed on TV to be that of the speaker, and wrote: Will say: 'My crime is treason' moments before death.

As he watched the talk show guest speak the words and die, Seymour grinned, and whispered, "God bless America."

"What a fool I am." mumbled Neiro. He'd lost the Death Note that he'd intended to give to a promising artist, and now this kid had picked it up. "Maybe he'll make a useful Shinigami." He followed Sik.

Haki walked through the crowd of people. She smiled brightly. "Death is in the air today." She said out loud. She knew no one but who had touched her death note could hear and see her.

"If we do not have clues, is it not our job to find them?" Eliot asks. "Perhaps we should dust for fingerprints? That could help."

"That's true," Sophia replied. "There's hardly any evidence, though."

By now, Izumi was home, locked in her room and staring at the Death Note, thoughts bouncing around her head like rubber balls.
What should I do with this? It's unlikely that it works... but if it does, and I use it, I'll be a murderer. And who would I kill? Most of the people I know lack intelligence, but they certainly don't deserve to die. A lot of criminals do, though... Her face lit up with a slightly psychotic grin.
That's it! I can use the Death Note to kill criminals and rid the world of evil! And since a great deal of them are stupid, I can rid the world of some stupidity, too! Yes! It's perfect!
She opened her laptop, searching for a dangerous criminal whose death would likely be made public. Soon, she found one. Hiroshi Sawada had raped and killed at least seven women and had been on the run for two years.
Before writing his name, she reviewed the rules again.

"1. The human whose name is written in this note shall die.
2. This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person’s face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
3. If the cause of death is written within the next 40 seconds of writing the person’s name, it will happen.
4. If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.
5. After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds."

Seems simple enough, she thought. The image of Hiroshi Sawada's face in her mind's eye, she grabbed a pen and with a shaking hand wrote down his name. For a few seconds, she felt nothing, but this was quickly replaced with a sense of fear. The fear was so strong that she couldn't keep the words in her head, and they quickly escaped from her mouth.
"Oh no...! What if the Death Note works? Then I'm a murderer!" Frantically, she began walking back and forth, trying to calm herself down.
It's most likely a prank, she reminded herself. Besides, he deserves to die...
The next few hours were spent with similar thoughts running through her head. It was impossible to focus on anything else.

Last edited:
Sharda:

Sharda saw someone that she never has seen in her town before. it looked like she was a maid, but with a set of wings on her back made up of branches of bones. Sharda went up to her, and asked her, "Excuse me ma'am, I haven't seen your face around here at all, so I was wondering who you were and how you got here, if that's okay with you that I ask?" Sharda looked at the stitching on her outfit, and saw that it wasn't stitched together, but on her.

Haki smiled. "Oh, Me?" She asked pointing at herself. She began to slowly circle sharda. "I'm the former owner of that book you have there." She said smirking. Haki leaned close to sharda. "I can sense by the tone in your voice you've tried out that death note." Haki whispered.

Appearing next to Carlos, Morte flashed a menacing smile at the man who owns his Deathnote now. "Good morning! Nothing feels better than seeing death caused by Deathnote, huh?!"

The Shinigami has a jaw long turquoise hair, a somewhat aristocratic look--high cheekbones , thin face , and thin lips with red eyes, and is very noticeable for his extremely pale skin and menacing smile that could make a group of People to run before him. His usual outfit consist mostly of black and red colors. He dresses in blood red sleeveless shirt and a long flowing overcoat that flares out into ragged ends, which is left unbuttoned, and a slightly tattered black jeans. He wore a red belt buckle that is inscribed with the word "POWER", a red wristband inscribed with the word 'FREE' and a black cross shaped necklace. He has a black bat like wings on his back.

"The name's Arthur. But they call me Morte."

Shinigami.
Carlos stared at the random person that appeared from out of nowhere, his face turning pale.
"...Carlos, you okay?" the minion person from before asked. "You been smokin'?"
"N...no," Carlos said, blinking, but still looking at the strange person that the minion didnt appear to hear or see. "I'll be right back."
He ran back to his room and shut the door. "What are you?" he asked the person that followed him.
"Hehehe...coming in for a landing! Wheee~~~" Aurora said, flying into the artist's workshop. "Why hel-lo there, mister Seymour! I see, you're the one who picked up my death note...." she looked at the name written in the book. "And youve tried it out, too! Oh boy, this is exciting..." she let out a little giggle.
Grace suddenly heard her watch buzz, and she looked at it and winced. She was late.
"I've gotta go, be back later today," she said, rushing out of the office.
Kalypso had gotten an invitation to work on the task force, and she didn't really want to pass this opportunity up.
She ran back to her room and dressed in her crime gear, then headed out through the fire escape towards the task force building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom