• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are you OK with using Legendaries and/or Ubers in in-game teams?

I find it lazy; for the first playthrough I like to stay "realistic" to the storyline and region, so although I'll use the legendary for the final plot battles of the game I won't use legendaries or ubers I didn't obtain in the storyline - and even then I get bored of how overpowered they feel in comparison to ol' Swimmer Matt's Wailmer.

Yes I am ok with using Lengendaries and Ubers in in-game teams if they are chosen for a reason different to "because they are legendary or uber". I used to do that before LeafGreen but now I only choose them if I think their types or learnsets would be suitably combined with the rest of my team. The legendaries which I have used in my parties are Articuno, Zapdos, Mew, Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Latios, Kyogre and Giratina.

On my first play through I have no restrictions in my team. During later play throughs however, I never use legendaries or ubers.

I don't make a point of using them, but I don't make a point of not using them either.

Basically I give no fucks about this rule. I understand not using them in tournaments but I really don't get the whole stigma against them in the game. As others have said, it's not like they're invincible.

I'm fine with it, but I only use them post game. Most legends caught before the League suck anyway.

i dont care about them, as long as i get ma Umbreon and a good psychic type by the 8th gym i'm fine. and if that psychic happens to be Mesprit or Azelf, who cares?

Ubers yes, legendaries no. I would definitely use a Blaziken or a Garchomp in game.

My opinion right here. I do not care for legendaries because there restrictions in game. Ubers yes, Dragonite for ex. is the highest EV non-legendary Pokemon,so it has no restrictions. And personally Speed is a high asset in my Pokemon teams. Which of many a legendary don't have. If I was to use a legendary Pokemon in my team my top pick would probably be Darkrai. Because of his Speed, and great learnset.

Ehh. I'm not gonna pretend I haven't used legendaries in-game before, but it's not really something I like doing generally. Just feels kinda cheap.

I have and still use legendaries in my in-game teams, but I have never seen the point of using "Uber-Legendaries" in an in-game team. They are banned from Wifi/Tournaments, so I have no use for them at all, but when it comes to the "normal" legendaries if they fit in one of my teams I'll use them.

For example I use Virizion on my Pokemon White team.

I love Mewtwo , hes one of my all time favorites but i dont use him online or in game... But if i wanted to mak the strongest team possible of all the pokemon i like he would be in my team. i used to have Zekrom but i dont use him anymore and replaced him with Dragonite. Other then that never used legendaries and ubers ^^

I tend to not use them, it seems awfully strange when there is supposedly only one of these powerful creatures in existence and some kid just happens to have it. I prefer to catch them for collection purposes only, although it is rather hard to avoid using Reshiram or Zekrom for those 2 battles at the end of the main story.

Personally, I'm fine with using Uber/Legends, though it's quite rare that i do but not for any sort of crazy high-horse sort of reason. If i like a pokemon enough to bother catching it, or i feel it will mesh well with my team in-game, i'll prolly use it. Just like how my Ampharos wasn't really cutting it in training for the E4 in HG. When i randomly came across and caught Raikou, i decided to swap him. I liked the pokemon, and that's all that matters to me.

So they may not be allowed into "official" stuff or facilities in-game, so what? There are waaaay more pokemon in the game that i'm certainly free to use (if i were to actually ever bother with such things). The way i see it, if you like the pokemon, use it. It's "in-game" for a reason, shouldn't need to matter what an online site or someone else tells you in order for you to get enjoyment out of it. There is no "right way" to play pokemon, you just play. Your in-game stuff is your own universe, separate from anyone else's, so don't give them the keys to that kingdom C;

I'm not against using legends/ubers, per se, but I usually don't. The last time I had a legend as part of my team was Crystal, simply because Lugia was more useful to fly/fight with than Doduo. As for ubers...I haven't the slightest understanding of the tier system, so I don't know which Pokémon are even considered uber.

It does frustrate me a little when I verse someone using an entire legend/pseudo team, but only because I feel that online battles should be between your ingame teams, and I feel using an entirely overpowered team just makes the game too easy. But, each to their own.

I've never used legendaries in my teams before. I mean, what's the point? By the time you get to the legendary (and for me, I usually save them post-E4), you already have a full team that you can depend on a little more, a team that in some ways may also already be at a much higher level than said legendary. I just catch legendaries for the sake of catching them.

Ubers.... Depends if they're not legendary and depends on how late they can be caught. I usually do not bother with Pokemon that can only be found late in the game, unless I can hatch them. Normally I don't bother with many ubers though.

NO. I think it's lame to use legendaries in any case. I catch them to fill my Pokédex, and after that I just keep them like trophies. I never train them and never use, and most likely never will.

I Think Its Really Ok To Using Legendaries/Ubers In Game Teams, My Self I Really Love To Put A Speed Boost Blaziken In My Team.:-D

From my experience, if you don't EV train legendaries they're not much better than regular Pokemon. So if I like it enough, I will use it in my team (since I don't EV train during the storyline-driven part of the game). I used the Lv5 Draco Meteor Jirachi from the moment I could get it in my SoulSilver team and it didn't make the game unfair in any way. I am even hoping that Keldeo will have an event launched the same day as B2W2's release so I can have him on my team from the beginning.

I never use legendaries because by the time I catch one, I'm already too attached to my team I raised up till then.

However... Reshiram was a different matter XDD

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom