• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Armeira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corvus Bashwood was uncharacteristically silent after the Emperor had left, usually being one to bring logic into a convoluted situation - especially one from his eccentric master. Though there was little way of one who merely recently met him of knowing this, so he hastily regained his composure. With a jerked nod, he said, "That sound right. You lead way."

"Got it." He nodded back before walking in the direction that he thought was the correct one.

Coal, Dusk, and Nightfall emerged from the Auction building. A small crowd had already gathered together, ready to buy.

"Event's off," Coal said to anyone who could here. "And it never will happen. Nothing to see here."

Coal cast an advanced destruction spell on the Auction Building. The gold and silver it was made of began to weaken, slowly growing less stable. Fortunately for the owner, who was trapped inside, Coal forced several blocks of stone to create a type of shelter for him, using his limited Elemental Magic to do it.

A few seconds later, the building collapsed entirely, and Coal whistled a basic tune. His previous project, the automaton eagle, dropped onto his arm from who-knows-where.

"Get me anything useful for inventing you can find in there," Coal ordered the bird. It flew into the rubble and returned, dragging a large block of mixed gold and silver extremely slowly. There was also a long splinter of wood in its beak, and Coal nodded.

"Good job," he said, coming and stroking the magical bird. "I'll send some guards to bring it back." Coal swore he could already hear the moaning of several guards as the picked up the stone block, which must have weighed a ton.

"Dusk," Nightfall said, turning. "Don't you think it's time we got back to the Warriors Guild and got some rest?"

"Yes, of course," Dusk said, and the two set out in the direction of their guild.

"I could use some sleep, too," Coal mumbled, and walked in the direction of his guild.

Relic slowly creapt through the mountains, being as quiet as he possibly could. He'd have flown, but that'd have made him more visible. Being an assassin made being stealthy through here consideribly easier, as he could move without being detected easily. He kept on moving.

The troll began to silently follow Ryan.

----------------

A girl lay down in her bedquarters, silently weeping, when a knocking at the door echoed through the plain white walls. The door cracked open slightly, and although she was turned away from the door, a voice apologetically speaking through it was one thing she could notice.

"Sorry Leah, I need one more thing."

There was no response. The door opened up slightly to reveal the Emperor, who walked in with a pace befitting those who were sneaking. He paused about halfway across to the lavish, draped pink bed, more befitting a princess than an alchemist. Indeed, in her comparatively basic clothing, it would look to the average viewer as though she had merely claimed it as her own.

"You don't have to do anything, you just need to tell me something."

Again, no response. He stepped closer now, about two feet away from the bed. She turned her head to him for about half a second before hiding body tightly beneath the covers and head beneath one of the fluffy pillows. The Emperor did not let this deter him, however.

"And no, it's not about that either. Something else."

With a sigh, she relaxed from the position she was in, and still under the covers, rolled over to face the Emperor. With a smile and approving nod, he stated his issue, "You wouldn't happen to know of any potions that could help a guy speak proper, would you?"

"Maybe...I don't know if..."

"You don't know if what? If it's real, if it'll work, if it's hard to make, if you can make it, if it'll taste good?" Leah opened her mouth to speak, but seemingly couldn't find the words. Upon this, the Emperor sat down beside her and thought hard, stroking his chin as he did so. "Well, what about that mindlinking potion you gave me once? The one that can tell you about others or something?"

The girl almost panicked, and sort of half-snapped up. "YOU KN-", but caught herself verbally and physically before it was too late. She still showed signs of it as she sat up, albeit still partially under the bed. "You...you...you know...I-I, I mean, you know that only...exchanges two people's thoughts, right? And...well, it wouldn't work. But...but I have of something that might."

The Emperor, not at all bothered by the outburst, simply nodded. "So what is it?"

"So..." Ryan began, trying to strike up a conversation.

"Hoe long have you known the emperor?" He asked.

The troll hesitated before giving his answer. "Very long time now." He began to quicken his walking speed. "He treated me well throughout." He attempted to think of a question to ask his new comrade, but was unable to.

----------------

Leah looked up at the Emperor. "When I was little..." she began, but her voice trailed off, and she lowered her head. The Emperor, knowing full well what it was for, nodded to this, and just asked about the potion itself. "Okay...well, there's a special mixture...if you consume it, you can understand the languages of anything for a bit. It...might be enough to teach someone a language...at least a little bit."

"Interesting. So how do we make it?"

"Well...most of the ingredients we have...but there are a couple that are going to be tricky."

"Oh yeah?" grinned the Emperor, as if it were a challenge. "We'll just see about that."

Leah smiled a little inside, but didn't show it at all. "Well, there's a type of special stone...it's usually found in the Tark-Mier Mountains."

The Emperor was not phased at all by this. "Rwalatheus is near there, we'll just get the information to him and have him grab it on the way back. And the other?"

"The other...and the other is..." Leah kept repeating these words, each time quieter and more shakily.

"What about the other?"

Last edited:
"Oh, okay." Ryan replied, satisfied with the answer, now walking the same speed as Corvus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom