• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Armored Pokemon?

I don't think it's real. Despite the new design, Armored Mewtwo is still treated as weaker than "vanilla" Mewtwo, which would be a weird way to promote a new mechanic.
And that's not discounting the fact that instead of destroying the armor himself, a Rhydon does that. In other words, it also looks weaker in the movie.

And that's not discounting the fact that instead of destroying the armor himself, a Rhydon does that. In other words, it also looks weaker in the movie.
That is unlikely to happen in the actual movie. No manga adaptation is 100% faithful.

But that's beside the point because it was weaker in the original movie and still is (according to CoroCoro's description).

Body armour

Again, IF this is gonna be a thing...

I really, really like Gnoggin’s video theorizing what armour evolution could be.
He posits the idea that’s been mentioned several times of it being Galar’s answer to Mega Evolution, but adds another wrinkle to it by suggesting it could involve that red and blue circle in the Japanese logo and the gyms/stadiums.

The idea is that Armour evolution goes beyond Mega evolution by giving the Pokémon the option to go offensive or defensive a la Aegislash. Considering I love the stance change idea but don’t care for Aegislash I’d be all for it, and it makes total sense in universe since I’m sure the Honedge family would have benefitted Kalos greatly in a hypothetical war with Galar.

Oh man, all this speculation is making me dizzy lol

I really. really don't cotton to the idea of Armored Pokemon at all.

Why bother making new gimmicks if they're just gonna focus on it for just one gen? Is this the new strategy now? Make new gimmicks like regional forms, Megas, Z-Moves, and other stuff only to forget about it an installment later?

If it really does exist, then I just hope its just relegated to that tacky armor form of Mewtwo from that upcoming anime movie trailer and nothing else. I don't like Mewtwo and I'm already annoyed that it has that form and two Megas at the same time, but since its popular enough to warrant it, fuck it I guess.

And I take every leak with a grain of salt; but since the armor leak thing apparently predicts Charizard getting one.... rubbing the salt into deep wounds, ugh. What, two Megas for two attention-hogging Pokemon weren't enough?

Why bother making new gimmicks if they're just gonna focus on it for just one gen? Is this the new strategy now? Make new gimmicks like regional forms, Megas, Z-Moves, and other stuff only to forget about it an installment later?
That's why I feel as if this armor gimmick should just be another form of Mega Stones, but with the player being shown wearing the armor rather than the Pokémon. After all, if Rayquaza can Mage Evolve with something other than a Mega Stone, then why can't other Pokémon? Besides, it's not as if standard evolution requires evolution stones for every single Pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom