• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Armored Pokemon?

I don't think it'll be metal. I'm going on record saying I bet the new gimmick will be either fusion attacks or straight up temp Pokemon fusions. No proof, no inside info, just my gut feeling.
I’ve always wanted fusion attack. That would be a great way to shake things up competitively.

We don't need anymore temporary forms, period. Armored Pokemon should instead be permanent form changes with the Pokemon wearing the armor.

Yeah, I love the idea of combined attacks, but the fact that nobody even notices the ones we have makes it seem like we're not going to get anything more interesting.
We don't need anymore temporary forms, period. Armored Pokemon should instead be permanent form changes with the Pokemon wearing the armor.
We're almost certainly going to receive another new Pokemon with an alternate form gimmick, like Wishiwashi, Aegislash, etc. We've gotten at least one every gen since Gen 3. And really, there's only 24 Pokemon with temporary form changes, unless you're counting Megas. (Castform, Deoxys, Burmy, Cherrim, Rotom, Giratina, Shaymin, Arceus, Darmanitan, Tornadus, Thunderus, Landorus, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Greninja, Aegislash, Zygarde, Hoopa, Oricorio, Wishiwashi, Silvally, Minior, and Necrozma) That's like...3% of all Pokemon?

Yeah, I love the idea of combined attacks, but the fact that nobody even notices the ones we have makes it seem like we're not going to get anything more interesting.

We're almost certainly going to receive another new Pokemon with an alternate form gimmick, like Wishiwashi, Aegislash, etc. We've gotten at least one every gen since Gen 3. And really, there's only 24 Pokemon with temporary form changes, unless you're counting Megas. (Castform, Deoxys, Burmy, Cherrim, Rotom, Giratina, Shaymin, Arceus, Darmanitan, Tornadus, Thunderus, Landorus, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Greninja, Aegislash, Zygarde, Hoopa, Oricorio, Wishiwashi, Silvally, Minior, and Necrozma) That's like...3% of all Pokemon?
That's not what I meant by temporary, most of those you listed have permanent form changes. Black Kyurem is an example of a permanent form, as in it will only change back to the normal form by the player's action in the overworld.

So that leaves us with even less temporary form change Pokemon. I'm guessing you'd count it at 12, then? (excluding Keldeo, the Forces of Nature, Hoopa, Arceus, Silvally, Necrozma, Shaymin, Rotom, Deoxys, Oricorio, and Burmy) I hardly think it's worth discarding temporary forms altogether just because it's been done on 12 Pokemon.

So that leaves us with even less temporary form change Pokemon. I'm guessing you'd count it at 12, then? (excluding Keldeo, the Forces of Nature, Hoopa, Arceus, Silvally, Necrozma, Shaymin, Rotom, Deoxys, Oricorio, and Burmy) I hardly think it's worth discarding temporary forms altogether just because it's been done on 12 Pokemon.
Keldeo and the Forces of Nature are also with permanent forms as well as Arceus, Deoxys, Silvally, Rotom and Oricorio. Three of the four Necrozma forms are also permanent. You're forgetting about Kyogre and Groudon as well as Zygarde's complete form. Basically, temporary forms being introduced from Gen 6 onwards which are in reality, just another variation of Mega Evolution are what is making this concept less and less unique. So yes, it should be discarded before it becomes something that it isn't unique anymore.

Keldeo and the Forces of Nature are also with permanent forms as well as Arceus, Deoxys, Silvally, Rotom and Oricorio. Three of the four Necrozma forms are also permanent.
That would be why I excluded them from the list of temporary form changes.
You're forgetting about Kyogre and Groudon as well as Zygarde's complete form. Basically, temporary forms being introduced from Gen 6 onwards which are in reality, just another variation of Mega Evolution are what is making this concept less and less unique. So yes, it should be discarded before it becomes something that it isn't unique anymore.
Neither one of these form changes were unique to begin with. As you said, Primal Reversion is just Mega Evolution with a different name. I'd argue that Zygarde's form changes, being based on HP, are more like Darminatan's ability, which came before it. I don't see why Pokemon should be afraid of adding Pokemon like Minior, Aegislash, or Castform, whose form changes are only similar in the sense that they're temporary, because it might make a legendary's forms "less unique" when they were never totally original to begin with.

That would be why I excluded them from the list of temporary form changes.

Neither one of these form changes were unique to begin with. As you said, Primal Reversion is just Mega Evolution with a different name. I'd argue that Zygarde's form changes, being based on HP, are more like Darminatan's ability, which came before it. I don't see why Pokemon should be afraid of adding Pokemon like Minior, Aegislash, or Castform, whose form changes are only similar in the sense that they're temporary, because it might make a legendary's forms "less unique" when they were never totally original to begin with.
Basically, Mega Evolution clones shouldn't have been a thing in the first place, plus they already used up every which way the Pokemon can transform in battle, Mega Rayquaza only needs Dragon Ascent in its moveset in order to Mega Evolve, other Mega Evolutions already require held items, Primal Reversions are automatic Megas, Zygarde Complete form already takes the requirement of ability plus it needs to be at a certain HP range for Zygarde to transform as well as needing Power Construct. Ultra Necrozma is essentially like Mega Evolution with a different name.

Basically, Mega Evolution clones shouldn't have been a thing in the first place
Okay? What about all the other Pokemon that aren't Mega Evolution clones?

plus they already used up every which way the Pokemon can transform in battle,

• Transform based on time of day
  • Transform based on terrain
  • Transform based on the height of the opposing Pokemon
  • Transform based on the color of the opposing Pokemon
  • Transform based on the type of move it used last
There's still plenty of new ways to include a transformation, and even the ones we have already, like weather, can be used again with a new design.

Okay? What about all the other Pokemon that aren't Mega Evolution clones?

• Transform based on time of day
  • Transform based on terrain
  • Transform based on the height of the opposing Pokemon
  • Transform based on the color of the opposing Pokemon
  • Transform based on the type of move it used last
There's still plenty of new ways to include a transformation, and even the ones we have already, like weather, can be used again with a new design.
But none of those are possible with battle-only transformations except for the move one.

But none of those are possible with battle-only transformations except for the move one.
Any of them could easily be battle-only transformations, just as long as they reverted back to their original form after battle. The second to fourth ones aren't even possible outside of battle, because if there's no battle, there's no terrain in effect or opposing Pokemon.

Any of them could easily be battle-only transformations, just as long as they reverted back to their original form after battle. The second to fourth ones aren't even possible outside of battle, because if there's no battle, there's no terrain in effect or opposing Pokemon.
However, I highly doubt they would use that for the cover legendaries unless they make that their theme.

I treat the armor as a item... if it will be more powerful then megas then maybe we get ways to rip them of it or something other like a backfire effect?

Hmmm using more abilities... fussion and combo attacks we already had in the past hypnosis and dream eater or those grass/water/fire that could activate burning ground, rainbow... those kind of moves more actualy would be cool especially reactions during regular battles against oponets
1 vs 1 then some moves should activate the same effects if the right types are against each other...

The idea of armor being in a separate item slot is what I would actually prefer, they can always just prevent Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves combine with the armor mechanic. The reason why I prefer the extra slot method is because way too many held items are underused because of there are two that essentially do the same exact things, an example being a Charcoal and a Flame Plate, these two essentially do the same exact thing appart from the Flame Plate changing Arceus's form. Being able to essentially power up held items will go a long way to making them actually important.

Out of all the Pokémon, please don't.
Needs it didnt get mega. If not pernament would be cool electric/fighting jump kicker mouse. What if armours would change type and the 4 moves a pokemon uses but not stats and make user immune to
Z-moves?

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom