• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Arrest made over CoroCoro leak: Man linked to Sept. 1 images

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that is the case, Outrage.

imo what he did was stupid which it kinda of was on the other hand though im kinda glad he did it cause we got the pics early and i was happy when we got them so i don't think he should be arrested but thats just me :p

Wow, talk about serious business at it's finest. D8 The law is the law, though...

Someone seriously got arrested for this? Although I'm not surprised due to the Serebii/Pokébeach incidents. Nintendo seems very overprotective of its content in B/W...

I am worried that some of our members will be arrested too if they really do mean to fight copyright violation.

Guys, the death penalty bit was a joke. >>

But yeah, when sleeping next to murderers, rapists and yakuza, a Pokémon Leaker is so going to look hard.

I am worried that some of our members will be arrested too if they really do mean to fight copyright violation.
It's happened before. However in western governments the most common penalties are fines and removal of websites.

Last edited:
Rhyperior said:

It's pretty easy not violating copyright law. Just don't go around posting stuff you know the owners of the franchise don't want you posting.

Can I say "I told you so" yet? People who think I "freaked out" or "over-reacted" to Victinigate, this is why. We're not paranoid, we're not being overprotective kill-joys, we just know exactly what can and will happen if you violate copyright law so flagrantly.

WOW. But... this happens every generation! why the big deal now?

Nintendo/Game Freak/whoever are really being d*cks about this. If it could actually hurt their sales, I could understand, but this is just showing how they love to screw over their most loyal fans.

I'm thinkin' this is because all of those illegal ROMs spread out over the 4th gen has really hurt their sales. So now they're cracking down hard on the issue, to make sure that their income suffers as little as possible.

So they found the source of the starter leak. Now if they can find the source of the all pokes leak... I don't think this will affect the normal Coro Coro leaks, but we'll see at any rate.

Great point Archaic. At the least, there's reporting on leaks, and then there's making the leaks - two different things.

I have to wonder if Pokéxperto is going to be targeted soon...

Melkor has probably already been taken care of. He wasn't very secretive about who he was.

Melkor has probably already been taken care of. He wasn't very secretive about who he was.
With the way you worded it, I can imagine ninja assassins sneaking around his house in the middle of the night...

Who needs lawyers when you have ninja assassins?

Death penalty, of all things? Because of images? A death penalty isn't even legal here in the UK, but why the fuck give a death penalty for leaking images, while there are much more important things that people aren't given that for?

Guys, the death penalty bit was a joke. >>

But yeah, when sleeping next to murderers, rapists and yakuza, a Pokémon Leaker is so going to look hard.

Something tells me Japan's prisons are more like Juvenille Halls. I'm sure he'd fit right in.

Death penalty, of all things? Because of images? A death penalty isn't even legal here in the UK, but why the fuck give a death penalty for leaking images, while there are much more important things that people aren't given that for?

There is NO death penalty. It was a joke. Sarcasm(CZAR-CA-ZUM).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom