• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Arrest made over CoroCoro leak: Man linked to Sept. 1 images

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last time, he wasn't being serious.

Death penalty, of all things? Because of images? A death penalty isn't even legal here in the UK, but why the fuck give a death penalty for leaking images, while there are much more important things that people aren't given that for?

:banghead:Once again... the Death penalty was a joke!:banghead:.(Why are we all saying it in bold?:sweat:)

i guess its too harsh for even arrest. a fine, ban website, or thrown out of company would be better or good. I guess i will cancel my plan to go to japan for the osaka pokemon center and tourism...:-/ I don't even know the language!

WOW. But... this happens every generation! why the big deal now?

Nintendo/Game Freak/whoever are really being d*cks about this. If it could actually hurt their sales, I could understand, but this is just showing how they love to screw over their most loyal fans.

Well, if you read the article, this wasn't just an average fan, this was someone who worked at CoroCoro (or whatever company the article is referring to) and thus willingly broke rule established by said company. And obviously he must be punished to teach everyone else who works there a lesson.

This is bullcrap, the man did not do anything wrong, nintendo is just being paranoid, this is the exact same bullcrap Serebii and Pokebeach went through.....

This is bullcrap, the man did not do anything wrong, nintendo is just being paranoid, this is the exact same bullcrap Serebii and Pokebeach went through.....

Didn't do anything wrong? Let's see...

1. Violated copyright.
2. Violated company policy
3. Uploaded magazine scans illegally to the internet.

Yep, sounds like he did some wrong stuff.

Anyway, I'd just like to say to the person that made the joke that he was facing death penalty, that was a really cruel, and stupid joke. That's all.

We get it, you don't like the guy's macabre sense of humour. Unfortunately, this is the internet, and is full of it...I hate to sound like a mod, but can people PLEASE move away from the Death Penalty talk? It's making Patrick Stewart wish he had as many hands as Shiva.

Anyway, I'd just like to say to the person that made the joke that he was facing death penalty, that was a really cruel, and stupid joke. That's all.

It's easy to see why one would feel stupid for falling for that joke, but no one's judging you. Anyway, relax. It's not like you're the one who decided to play Captain Fandom and leak images then get busted. This really has a microscopic effect on your life, and that goes for you and everyone else cursing out "Nintendo" because they care about the safety of their booming business.

I thought it was funny, btw, lol. Japan's law has a man dead because of Pokemon. Srsz business with a "z" at the end.

It's easy to see why one would feel stupid for falling for that joke, but no one's judging you.

No, its not that. I just find it cruel that someone would joke over someone's life. Why would someone do that? Would you do that? Would anyone do that?

The overall ridiculousness of the implication that someone could be executed for leaking information about Pokemon, of all things, is what makes the comment amusing.
It’s like…I don’t know. The Tom and Jerry short where Tom faces the death penalty for daring to wake the king up from a nap. The humour stems from the irony of the punishment far outweighing the crime.

In any case, nobody's life was in danger, nor will it be. And at the end of the day, the fact that people lacked enough common sense to actually believe it is comedy gold in itself :D

And at the end of the day, the fact that people lacked enough common sense to actually believe it is comedy gold in itself :D

It's comedy gold that some people here lack enough common sense to actually believe it is cruel. And now, I rest my case.

Let's get back on topic here, please. It was a joke, let's leave it at that.

No, its not that. I just find it cruel that someone would joke over someone's life. Why would someone do that? Would you do that? Would anyone do that?

It's just funny. Not like "WHY DID THE X CROSS THE Y" but more like "GUY GETS PUT ON DEATH ROW THANKS TO POKETTO MONSUTTA - GETTO OUT OF HERE DA ZE!" Of course, he'd die, but it's a great story to tell your kids if you want them to cut out the Nintendo.

Rusty Shackleford made a joke. The end. It may have been considered insensitive or rude, but regardless, the situation has been handled and there's no reason to continue commenting on it. Let's drop the subject and get back on topic, guys.

Japan is clearly doing a crackdown on illegally uploaded images of a magazine issue. Although the man was doing it out of the selflessness of his heart, he was still clearly in the wrong. He violated several copyrights as well as CoroCoro's personal litigations. This could very well end up in the courts.

Didn't do anything wrong? Let's see...

1. Violated copyright.
2. Violated company policy
3. Uploaded magazine scans illegally to the internet.

Yep, sounds like he did some wrong stuff.

Yeah, that's pretty wrong. Anyway, is this the guy that leaks CoroCoro Every Single Month?

Anyway, is this the guy that leaks CoroCoro Every Single Month?

Different people leak the magazine every month. It all depends on who gets their hands on it first.

Unfortunately for him, this guy is the only one to have been caught (yet, anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom