• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Arrest made over CoroCoro leak: Man linked to Sept. 1 images

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Arrest made over CoroCoro leak: Man linked to Sept. 1 images

A 27-year-old Japanese man has been arrested for leaking Pokémon from the October edition of CoroCoro magazine.

Read more on Bulbanews

Oh, wow. I didn't know people could get arrested for leaking CoroCoro O: Has this happened before? .___.

The guy who caused the fandom to flip out that we were getting another Fire/Fighting?

Japan has very strict laws about this sort of thing.

Not surprising after the messages sent to Serebii and PokeBeach.

Still... the fact they put forth the effort to find a leaker shows now more than ever that Nintendo's really cracking down on us. Before, they just went about their business, as if no one was leaking anything or uploading illegal images.

Love how it is November, and we hear about this now.

Hmm... release for the next set of games will be painful I think...

Hmm... release for the next set of games will be painful I think...

Well, Serebii's been posting images on his site for awhile now. I think (well, I hope) this'll all die down by BW's third version.

picture.php

First thing that came to mind upon seeing the headline. D:

Yeesh, didn't realize how serious Japan was about this kind of thing. That's harsh, but then again, he did probably cause wide-spread chaos (especially over the whole Fire/Fighting type thing). I just don't really know what to say. But I guess since Pokemon is such a huge thing, doing something like this would probably be considered out of line (to put it lightly).

This is... wow. Can't believe how this got.

BTW, the C-a-D letters are not directly related to this. The letters were TPCi; this is, well, not too sure. Might be TPC, might be the big N, might even be just Japanese laws.

I knew this was going to happen at one point or another. Sure it was a little delayed, but it still happened none the less.

...So whats his punishment for leaking the scans anyway?

picture.php

First thing that came to mind upon seeing the headline. D:

To be fair, Pokémon is such a big franchise that it has it's own COMPANY. Also, if leaks happen, less people will buy CoroCoro, so it will hurt their sales too.

I really hope this doesn't turn into a flamewar like with victinigate...
Back on topic, In japan, there is no fair use law. So they can bust people for things like this.

And the leaker probably knew of the risks. If he didn't, well now he knows. And this will probably discourage other early leakers. Cellphones can embed tracking info in pictures, so the police can use the geotracking to find out where it was taken.

I guess I can see why TCPi would want this guy put away...I know if I was trying to release a new series in controlled stages, and someone kept screwing it up, Id want it stopped.

As a fan, though, Im annoyed. I looked forward to the CoroCoro leaks before BW were released. Now its highly unlikely we will get more, both for the Gen V Pokemon yet to be revealed, and the inevitable Gen VI.

This surprised me. I never knew that people could get arrested for leaking images from a magazine. then again, I guess Japan is full of surprises :D

This surprised me. I never knew that people could get arrested for leaking images from a magazine. then again, I guess Japan is full of surprises :D

Companies hate leaks, and not just in Japan.

I still remember some sites were banning posting of Halo Reach Magazine scans to avoid takedown notices.

Also, activision is taking down early gameplay videos of CoD Black ops. MS did the same with reach.

I guess I can see why TCPi would want this guy put away...I know if I was trying to release a new series in controlled stages, and someone kept screwing it up, Id want it stopped.

As a fan, though, Im annoyed. I looked forward to the CoroCoro leaks before BW were released. Now its highly unlikely we will get more, both for the Gen V Pokemon yet to be revealed, and the inevitable Gen VI.

Or you know, someone could buy the magazine and scan it and put it on the net. That usually works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom