• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

art by noworry☆

@noworry : I could suggest Roscoe and Desoto with Houndoom, but that's already done with one DA artist. And quite a few have done stuff like Daffy Ducklett, while Crobatman is pretty much common knowledge. How about human characters, normally outside of the Pokeverse, with their Pokémon?

^ I might try something like that some day. I'm not very good at humans though.

-

This one is actually a redrawing
zorua_by_blueriiver-dbneapj.png

Of this, which I drew in 2012!
zoura___pixel_by_tegnepus-d54b6a6.png

And thiiis is a painting-styled Flygon. (drawn digitally :p)
flygon_by_blueriiver-dbneb6i.png

oh awesome, did my prompt in the 5min challenge get you to do those eeveelutions :D showed the flareon to my chat friends btw, they loved it.

How do you make this?!:eek:

It's amazing
First of all, thank you! :D

Not sure if this is too much or too little of an explanation, but yeah.

I usually start with a sketch, which looks something like this:

example1.png

These always look the same, no matter what kind of drawing I want to do. The important thing here are the shapes. I usually use boxes and circles to make the shape, then I do another, cleaner sketch like the one above. After that I ink it. Inking should not strictly follow the sketch, but still try to copy how the lines go, if that makes sense? Then I colour it in with flat colours, and add a new layer for shading. I usually choose a colour I think fits the rest for shading. Never use black for this.

I also like to colour the lineart (if it has lines), but this is by no means necessary for a drawing to look nice.

Not sure if that explained much, but it's the best explanation I could come up with. I should make one of those step-by-step time-lapeses sometime. :p

Looks nicely intense with the blurred background. Well done!

Back
Top Bottom