• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Artful Descent Into Madness

Reaction score
I made an art thread here once, long ago. Thus, I am rebooting it! [Mostly because I am excited to show off a particular concept I just made.]

RECENT ART

Squirtle Line

Pokemon Line #3 - Squirtle Line.png

[Concept Sketch] Ameiostail Line - Fakemon concept I just made like a week ago. It's supposed to represent me as a whole, and be my Pokesona/Fursona. They are based on a combination of domesticated foxes [hence the folded ears, which the silver fox domestication project in Russia caused to happen], dreams, and crystals.

Mirastail evolves into Ameiostail.

Mirastail name origin: Mirage + criostail [meaning crystal in Gaelic] + tail

Ameiostail name origin: Amets [meaning dream in Basque] + criostail + tail

Paper Sketch - Ameiostail Line Concept.png

OLDER ART
Charmander Line
EX2Lvi7U4AEKDlO

Bulbasaur Line
ddw31o4-143a3ce5-ff03-42a8-a35a-d2a23155034b.png
The Noble Solaris
the_noble_solaris_by_arylett_charnoa-dai9rfp.png

The Wistful Strawberry
the_wistful_strawberry_by_arylett_charnoa-daihdit.png

Last edited:
[Sloppy Concept Sketch] Fiery Pidgeot: Another concept doodle I just made today. Fire/Psychic variant of Pidgeot based on the Egyptian gods Ra and Horus. Worked on it all day today. I wanted to make a phoenix-like Pokemon that looked more majestic.

It exists in an entirely new Pokemon world I'm making. Yes, world, not just region. And there, regional variants are just named for their types. Hence Fiery Pidgeot.

Quite sloppy, but after I finish up a few art projects I'm working on, I'll probably make a more polished drawing of the this line. Yes, there will be Fiery Pidgey and Fiery Pidgeotto.

Concept Fiery Pidgeot.png

[Non-Pokemon] Phantom Thieves: I can draw humans too! Though I don't generally like to, but I'm glad how these guys turned out.

Game - Phantom Thieves [P5R].png

Last edited:
[Concept] - Aeon Universum Sigils.png

[Concept] Sigils: These relate to a Pokemon project I've recently started work on. [Which is a mild crossover with Final Fantasy.] They are inspired by crests from Digimon Adventure. I quite like what I came up with, and will likely polish up the designs later. Right now, they are sloppy and uneven.

Starting from the top left:

[Unicornis Sigil: Hope] [Phoenix Sigil: Bravery] [Leviathan Sigil: Loyalty] [Amet Sigil: Dreams]
[Ramuh Sigil: Zeal] [Kresnik Sigil: Resolve] [Shiva Sigil: Patience] [Nyx Sigil: Reason]

[Non-Pokemon] Protectors of the Planet: Here, have another older drawing featuring humans. [And one cat dog thing.]

Game - Protectors of the Planet [FF7].png

Last edited:
I'm still working on stuff. I just caused myself some minor hand pain from working a lot on this latest piece though, so I probably won't be releasing a recent, full color thing until next week or so.

[Concept] Amestail Reference: That Fakemon design I posted, but revised. This is the sixth revision, and I'm pretty pleased with it, actually. I had to change it up to a crescent moon theme to more closely connect to the whole dream aspect of this species.

I also kind of made the crescent on the head look like a ponytail accessory and it just so happened to double as a halo, tying it to an angelic theme too.

Other than that, I've gone a bit more towards a doglike look for the tail, leaning more into that. Though I still consider it a domesticated vulpine, even if it is a very loose basis. Honestly, this is a pretty self-indulgent design, so I mostly just drew inspiration from my favorite monsters. [Like Braixen, Ninetales, Lycanroc Midnight, Renamon, and even Lopunny, which isn't a favorite, but helped me determine the body shape.]

The middle image demonstrates its primary method of attack - it enlarges the four small crystals around its crescent and uses them to shoot lasers or slash enemies or whatever. [Though I wouldn't recommend the latter - it has a low Attack stat.]

The right most image is the shiny.
[Concept] Amestail Reference.png

Bonus! The picture bellow is Arylett the Amestail, my sona and hopefully final self-representation. She wears clothes, because she kind of comes from this universe of semi-anthro Pokemon I'm working on.
[Concept] Arylett the Amestail.png

[Pokemon] Wolf Blade: So you don't get bored of the same picture over and over again, here's an older drawing I made of Tales of Vesperia character Flynn as Lycanroc Midday. Yes, more Pokemon wearing clothes.

Vesperia Pokemon #3 - Wolf Blade.png

Last edited:
[Concept Sketch] Draviathan: New evolution for a regional Water/Poison Dratini line, replacing Dragonite. Like a few people, I've always found Dragonite to be ill-fitting in the line, and thus had a desire to give a more appropriate final evolution. I combined this desire with the one to make a Pokemon based on Leviathan from Final Fantasy, and the other desire to make a Pokemon based on a real sea slug called the glaucus atlanticus, or the blue dragon.

It has all of my design signatures: Pretty crystals, wingslike structures, and long dangly things that billow behind it. The long dangly things are meant to be stingers though, as like the actual animal, it does have venomous properties.

This Pokemon can use the coloration on its back to blend into the water's surface and then grab and sting prey with its dangly tentacle things. And it can also use its large crystalline horn to charge at bigger opponents and inject them that way. The small crystals across its body would hold a potent liquid venom, which it gathers from feeding on other Poison-types, particularly Tentacool and Tentacruel. I feel venom would be a big part of its battling prowess, inspired by the blue dragon slug.
Concept Draviathan.png

[Pokemon] Azure Wolf: Yet another old drawing with a Tales of Vesperia character as a Pokemon. This one's the main character, Yuri. He's a shiny Midnight Lycanroc.

Vesperia Pokemon #1 - Azure Wolf.png

Last edited:
I love the blue dragon, and this is an aesthetically pleasing take.
Glad to see another lover of this beautiful animal. It really does deserve more attention - it has such potential to make for great monster designs and I wanted to kind of show that.

Those are beautiful designs!
Thank you! I am quite glad you enjoy them. :3

your drawings are so cool!!! also, really cute too! the azure wolf yuri, i'd say he's definetly the cutest. nice job!! looking forwards to more!
[Late] Thank you! I quite appreciate it.

[Deltarune] Tasque Manager: Here's something I finished a few months ago that I put off on posting. It's my favorite monster from Deltarune, Chapter 2.

[Deltarune] Tasque Manager.png

Last edited:
Hello friends! I return to deliver more of my madness unto you.

[Deltarune] Werewerewire: Another Deltarune monster I drew several months ago and didn't post until now.

Deltarune - Werewerewire.png

[Pokemon] Hisuian Zoroark Arylett: For reasons that would take too long to elaborate, I've scrapped my fakemon Amestail and the Pokemon project I created those two regional variants I posted previously in the thread for. Instead, I decided, due to the weird coincidence of having a similar color scheme as Amestail [I designed it just before Zoroark's release] and also fitting my general aesthetic, that I would make Hisuian Zoroark my Pokesona for the moment. Though it won't be my primary fursona.

She is more civilized and docile than a regular Hisuian Zoroark, and has a neatly tied up mane akin to Unovan Zoroark to reflect that. Just finished this one today. It was a surprisingly quick and pleasantly easy process.

Hisuian Zoroark Arylett.png

Holy shark, DUDE that zoroark is super cool!!!!! I just saved it to my computer, like, that's actually so good.

...in other words, great job! please continue doing what you love :3
Oh wow! I'm glad you like it so much! Thank you for your kind words. Of course, I have no intention of stopping art. In fact, sometimes I draw too much. [I don't post all of it here because there's a lot of concepts and sloppy nonsense.]

_______

[Tales of Arise] Shionne and Alphen Pokemon Sketch: This one I sketched up a few months ago, and will probably be coloring later. They are the two main characters of the game Tales of Arise - Shionne and Alphen - as Mega Gardevoir and Mega Gallade respectively.

Arise Pokemon Sketch.jpg

[Pokemon] Stantler Line Sketch: Just an image of Stantler and Wyrdeer.

Pokemon Line -  Stantler Line.png

[Pokemon] Absol Arylett Concept: My quest for a Pokesona continues. Sadly, Hisuian Zoroark did not sate me. As much as I liked the image I made, on consequent redraws, I had trouble with that chaotic mane. And I also wanted it to match my feline fursona little more. Thus, I chose a Pokemon that I quite enjoy drawing and an old favorite of mine. It's just a conceptual sketch thus far. Also, it's on two legs because I'm a degenerate furry.

[Concept] Absol Arylett Sketch.png

[Final Fantasy] Hrothgar Arylett Sketch: Not a serious effort, something I did for fun. Just a quick, rather unrefined sketch of my current avatar, which is a commission I had made of my fursona to help me conceptualize it. Redrawing it in my style helps me make it my own.

[Concept] Hrothgar Arylett Sketch.png

Last edited:
Thank you! I quite appreciate it.
_______

So I've been pretty distracted with various video games, leaving little time for art, unfortunately. So here's some quick slops I did over these past weeks.

[ Pokemon ] Arylett Meowstic Concept: I'm SO pleased with how this came out, I made it an avatar even though it isn't completed yet. Creating this has revived my creative drive to create my Pokemon original universe that I was working on before, with this as one of the main characters. I had been contemplating Meowstic for a while as a Pokesona, but the chibiesque proportions didn't quite mesh well with me in spite of enjoying the Pokemon since it came out. However, giving it more developed proportions coupled with a long mane of hair has really made me cotton onto the idea. It's quite suitable as well, being Psychic and a feline.

The concept is still rough though, and I plan on refining the tails, as well as the outfit, at a later time. [I'll probably decouple the tails from the hair.] With better coloring and stuff as well.

Arise Pokemon Sketch.jpg

[ Pokemon Really Messy Concepts ] Pokeowls: Did these when I was too lazy to get out my tablet with my mouse, hence the messiness. On one hand, you have a potential regional variant of Hoothoot - Dark/Flying, coupled with an unnamed new evolution that is supposed to be Dark/Fairy. I'm not sure if I want to use this concept though, as I don't want too many Fakemon in my universe. It was designed to be a feral Pokemon pet/mount to Arylett the Meowstic, her familiar based on a black cat mixed with an owl.

Contrasting it is just regular Noctowl, redrawn in my messy style in both normal and shiny variants. I'm deciding if it will serve as her familiar instead. The problem I have with Noctowl's design, particularly the non-shiny version, is that it is kind of bland with all that brown. I'll give this more thought though.

Arise Pokemon Sketch.jpg

I made an art thread here once, long ago. Thus, I am rebooting it! [Mostly because I am excited to show off a particular concept I just made.]

RECENT ART

Squirtle Line

[Concept Sketch] Ameiostail Line - Fakemon concept I just made like a week ago. It's supposed to represent me as a whole, and be my Pokesona/Fursona. They are based on a combination of domesticated foxes [hence the folded ears, which the silver fox domestication project in Russia caused to happen], dreams, and crystals.

Mirastail evolves into Ameiostail.

Mirastail name origin: Mirage + criostail [meaning crystal in Gaelic] + tail

Ameiostail name origin: Amets [meaning dream in Basque] + criostail + tail

OLDER ART
Charmander Line
EX2Lvi7U4AEKDlO

Bulbasaur Line
ddw31o4-143a3ce5-ff03-42a8-a35a-d2a23155034b.png
The Noble Solaris
the_noble_solaris_by_arylett_charnoa-dai9rfp.png

The Wistful Strawberry
the_wistful_strawberry_by_arylett_charnoa-daihdit.png
Your art looks so cool!

Your art looks so cool!
Thank you very much! I quite appreciate someone new liking my art too.

MLP - Aether Velvet and Lumin.png

[ Non-Pokemon ] Aether Velvet and Lumin - Concepts for MLPsonas/OCs that I drew two or so years ago, after binging episodes of the show that I had missed. Aether's my ponysona, and Lumin was a dragon version of my husband.

Renastal Initial Concept.jpg

[ Pokemon ] Renastal Initial Concept - I thought I was done designing a Pokesona. It turns out that my brain had other plans. This is the first draft, still some small refinements here and there to do. Basically, I thought of how much I absolutely adore Renamon the Digimon, and decided to make it into a Pokemon, sort of. I kind of mashed that together with my old concept for Amestail.

This one evolves from a Psychic-type variant of Vulpix called Astral Vulpix, which I still have to design. I felt that due to Renamon's resemblance to Ninetales, it should be connected to it somehow. Originally wanted to make it an alternate Vulpix evo, but then I would've had to make it part Fire-type to connect it to the line, and I felt we had enough Fire foxes. Hence alternate Vulpix. I freely admit this design is purely for my own self-indulgence though.

[ In Progress ] Bulbasaur Line.png

[ Pokemon ] Bulbasaur Line Revised In-Progress Sketch - Look, something that isn't related to me and my fursona! Working on actually making this a complete picture at the moment. Completely redrawn from the previous one I posted. Aeon Evolution is something in my universe that replaces Megas and Gigantamax, hence Aeon Venusaur.

[ Pokemon ] Bulbasaur Line Revised - It is complete! Finished it weeks ago. Was planning on posting it when I had a bigger batch of art completed, but screw it. I've been holding onto this gem for far too long. By this point, I've turned my Pokemon universe into a wholly original project due to not wanting to be bound to the limitations of Pokemon, but I'll still finish off the Aeon evolutions I have drawn.

Based Aeon Venusaur partially on the Godzilla monster Biollante, as I heard that a lot of Gen 1 Pokemon took inspiration from kaiju. The flower is yellow to reference common poisonous flowers, like daffodils. Mixed that with poisonous blue frogs too. Aeon Venusaur's flower has grown so large that it has flattened its body somewhat, a reference to some wonky Gen 1 sprites. It also points forward and kind of has a life of its own.

Pokemon Line #1 - Bulbasaur Line.png

Last edited:
[ Pokemon ] Flow of Days - Was working on this one for a few days, procrasting and being a bit lazy if I'm honest. It's the new Legendaries, Miraidon and Koraidon. Quite proud of it - I haven't done a full on piece like this in quite some time.

Pokemon - Flow of Days.png

Last edited:
I love your coloring!! Especially how it tends to mix in the middle.....wowwwwww~
[Late as hell] Thank you! The mix in the middle though is admittedly pretty simple though - that's just a gradient. It's a basic tool in any art program, and I admit I love using them. They make everything look so nice, don't they?

Pokemon - Legends Sprigatito.png

[ Pokemon ] Legends Sprigatito: I'm still here! I'm always doing art, it's just most of it doesn't get colored or posted. Here's one I actually finished. I named it after a Discord channel I saw once called "Legends Sprigatito" which amused me greatly. Wanted to try something more pastelly and am experimenting with colored outlines.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom