Art Gallery General Chat Thread

⋆⋅☆SᴛᴀR☆⋅⋆
Reaction score
Yeah I'd love to see more activity in the Weekly Art Promt thread, but oh well. It's no secret that forums are getting less popular with Discord and social media around ^^;

And I hope you feel better soon, canisaries.

New Species Pokemon!
Reaction score
I'm good thanks, hoping to be able to post some more drawings soon, I've got a few unfinished ones I'm working on at the moment.

How's things with you noworry?

⋆⋅☆SᴛᴀR☆⋅⋆
Reaction score
I'm good! :D Saw sunshine today after months without it, so that was really nice.

I'll try posting more drawings too soon, been a bit busy with staff stuff and school work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just Your Average Admin
Reaction score
I'll try to post more often as well, once the dust settles a bit all around. I'm definitely eager to work on more art and stuff. ^^

Reaction score
It's been quite a time since this has been posted in. How is everyone going, four months hence?
I have managed to do... at least a bit in that time... always room for improvement productivity-wise, but... I've learnt to be less hard on myself, otherwise it's just a vicious cycle.

whoa i finally changed my pfp again
Reaction score
found out there's no legal issues with me starting commissions after all, so preparing for it by practicing and trying out different styles

Just Your Average Admin
Reaction score
I had considered starting commissions as well at some point, but I still don’t feel my style is nearly polished enough for that. Backgrounds are still a pain for me to draw… x-x

⋆⋅☆SᴛᴀR☆⋅⋆
Reaction score
I'm probably gonna do commissions at some point but I feel like figuring out prices is really difficult :T

Reaction score
I'm probably gonna do commissions at some point but I feel like figuring out prices is really difficult :T
oh definitely, a friend of mine would like a group picture with money pooled from all the people featured and he expected me to charge like $15-25 per face and meanwhile i'd been like "do i dare ask for $5 per face i feel like that's ripping them off" d:

Just Your Average Admin
Reaction score
I think the pricing would depend from the kind of work. For example, a sketch could be like 5$ while a complete work could be around 15-20$.

From what I’ve learned at the comics academy, comic covers cost around 100$ on average, and drawings for children books are fairly expensive and requested.

Reaction score
i do a sketch in like, five minutes tho. that's a dollar per minute and that blows my mind

Reaction score
What happened to the request thread? No one seems to use it. :(

⋆⋅☆SᴛᴀR☆⋅⋆
Reaction score
What happened to the request thread? No one seems to use it. :(
People seem to prefer opening (free) art shops or taking commissions (outside the forums). Understandably so. Art shops allows you more control and gives you the chance to tell people what you're able to do and what you won't do before they request anything. As for commissions, people often want something back for their hard work. More experienced artists often do those instead.

The forums (and especially the art gallery) has also become more and more quiet as people prefer posting art on social media instead.

Reaction score
I want to try to... bring this thread back from the ashes.

@Rainbow Cloud and I are welcoming any suggestions/ideas anyone has as to what kinds of new things we could do in the Art Gallery. It'd be lovely to see more activity around here!

In the meantime, can you figure out this incredibly difficult puzzle? The answer is a Pokémon move!