if on the day i die i turn and look at my life..
- Jul 2, 2019
- Reaction score
Pokemon Conquest does have really nice official art
Yes!!! I love that art so much! I also want to try it myself, but like you, I feel like I'd mess the card up. :cAnother really cool thing people do with the TCG is extended TCG art - they repaint the card so that the art takes up the whole card as a full picture. Like this:
Extended - by Squishy_Art
Original TCG Card
I'd like to try it but I'm 100% sure I'd just mess the card up @[email protected]
that's why i don't like using my own art as my avatar. I draw things on paper, and i can't really do it on computer, so i use other images. even though that means i can't use my kokichi munchlax drawing...sighSo I changed my profile picture and it's been an adventure.
I feel as though I am missing some easier solution to this problem, but I don't know what it is.
- Draw it by hand, since I have no digital equipment except Paint and a mouse.
- Take a picture, but like half a meter / two feet away so my drawing is smaller. Otherwise, the drawing will be too big for me to post here for whatever reason.
- Select only my drawing to be in frame and crop the rest of background out
- Picture has bad lighting because the lightbulbs in my house all have yellow/orange tint which shows on the drawing.
- Color fixing sucks on my phone so I transfer it to my computer so I can fix it in Word, because I have no photo editing software either.
- Word fixes the color problem, but adds a black background in place of transparency
- Word's background removal tool kind of sucks even though the background this time is literally just one color
- Move it to RPG Maker to get rid of the background because RPG maker can remove a single solid color from backgrounds of sprite sheets fairly easily
- Export it back out again without the background
I only ever use TCG art if I have to, but I always feel weird using art that isn't mine. Even when I first joined this forum I would only ever use my own sprites I made in Paint as profile pictures.that's why i don't like using my own art as my avatar. I draw things on paper, and i can't really do it on computer, so i use other images. even though that means i can't use my kokichi munchlax drawing...sigh