• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Art Gallery General Chat Thread

the shadow pokemon
Reaction score
The Dream World art is so nice, I love it!

But my absolute favorite is the TCG art. There's some cards that I don't like, but for the most part, I like a lot of the TCG art.

have a scary scary christmas
Reaction score
Yeah, the TCG has a lot of underrated art. A few days ago, I was looking for Munchlax avatars because i wanted to, and here's a few from the TCG.

Where there's a Will, there's a way
Reaction score
Another really cool thing people do with the TCG is extended TCG art - they repaint the card so that the art takes up the whole card as a full picture. Like this:

Extended - by Squishy_Art

Original TCG Card

I'd like to try it but I'm 100% sure I'd just mess the card up @[email protected]

Last edited:
the shadow pokemon
Reaction score
Another really cool thing people do with the TCG is extended TCG art - they repaint the card so that the art takes up the whole card as a full picture. Like this:

Extended - by Squishy_Art

Original TCG Card

I'd like to try it but I'm 100% sure I'd just mess the card up @[email protected]
Yes!!! I love that art so much! I also want to try it myself, but like you, I feel like I'd mess the card up. :c

♪ Salamence was meant to Fly! ♫
Reaction score
Another Pokémon move in pictures:

How is everyone doing, those who happen to read this?
I'm P. amped for Pokémon Sword and Shield of course. It's probably going to take up... a lot of my time in the latter half of the month.

red sphere
Reaction score
So I changed my profile picture and it's been an adventure.
  • Draw it by hand, since I have no digital equipment except Paint and a mouse.
  • Take a picture, but like half a meter / two feet away so my drawing is smaller. Otherwise, the drawing will be too big for me to post here for whatever reason.
  • Select only my drawing to be in frame and crop the rest of background out
  • Picture has bad lighting because the lightbulbs in my house all have yellow/orange tint which shows on the drawing.
  • Color fixing sucks on my phone so I transfer it to my computer so I can fix it in Word, because I have no photo editing software either.
  • Word fixes the color problem, but adds a black background in place of transparency
  • Word's background removal tool kind of sucks even though the background this time is literally just one color
  • Move it to RPG Maker to get rid of the background because RPG maker can remove a single solid color from backgrounds of sprite sheets fairly easily
  • Export it back out again without the background

I feel as though I am missing some easier solution to this problem, but I don't know what it is. :confused:

Reaction score
So I changed my profile picture and it's been an adventure.
  • Draw it by hand, since I have no digital equipment except Paint and a mouse.
  • Take a picture, but like half a meter / two feet away so my drawing is smaller. Otherwise, the drawing will be too big for me to post here for whatever reason.
  • Select only my drawing to be in frame and crop the rest of background out
  • Picture has bad lighting because the lightbulbs in my house all have yellow/orange tint which shows on the drawing.
  • Color fixing sucks on my phone so I transfer it to my computer so I can fix it in Word, because I have no photo editing software either.
  • Word fixes the color problem, but adds a black background in place of transparency
  • Word's background removal tool kind of sucks even though the background this time is literally just one color
  • Move it to RPG Maker to get rid of the background because RPG maker can remove a single solid color from backgrounds of sprite sheets fairly easily
  • Export it back out again without the background
I feel as though I am missing some easier solution to this problem, but I don't know what it is. :confused:
that's why i don't like using my own art as my avatar. I draw things on paper, and i can't really do it on computer, so i use other images. even though that means i can't use my kokichi munchlax drawing...sigh

red sphere
Reaction score
that's why i don't like using my own art as my avatar. I draw things on paper, and i can't really do it on computer, so i use other images. even though that means i can't use my kokichi munchlax drawing...sigh
I only ever use TCG art if I have to, but I always feel weird using art that isn't mine. Even when I first joined this forum I would only ever use my own sprites I made in Paint as profile pictures.

At the very least, it gets me to draw again. It doesn't look too bad, although I do wish I had better quality markers.

Reaction score
Personally I think it looks amazing. It looks like official art to me!!

Reaction score
i just wish i had a drawing tablet so i could actually make good art

Reaction score
You're already making good art without one, IMO!
Of course they are a great investment, but there's a lot to be said for hand drawn things. That's my take on it.

Fighter
Reaction score
Which app is best for art? I'm currently drawing on paper.

Reaction score
Which app is best for art? I'm currently drawing on paper.
I have no idea, there's so many. I use Pixilart when I draw digitally, which is close to never. I know that Paintool Sai is good.

i think.

⋆⋅☆SᴛᴀR☆⋅⋆
Reaction score
depends a lot on what kind of drawings you wanna do, the above thread is a good place to start, though.