• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Art Gallery General Chat Thread

hmm. if i could sketch it, then i might participate.
Yeah, a sketch would be fine or either the collaborative drawing or the secret santa ideas :)

The collaborative drawing would be open to both digital and traditional drawings.
The secret santa themes could be either drawings (digital or traditional) or graphic art using pre-existing official art.
The secret santa would be based on this event that was run in F&G in 2020.

Would probably only be able to run one of these events though provided there's enough interest, which one would everyone prefer?

Yeah, a sketch would be fine or either the collaborative drawing or the secret santa ideas :)

The collaborative drawing would be open to both digital and traditional drawings.
The secret santa themes could be either drawings (digital or traditional) or graphic art using pre-existing official art.
The secret santa would be based on this event that was run in F&G in 2020.

Would probably only be able to run one of these events though provided there's enough interest, which one would everyone prefer?
hmm. okay. i understand the secret Santa idea, but I haven't done a collaborative drawing in a long time so you'll need to refresh my memory.

I'm drawing Slither Wing (S/V spoilers), but I can only do it standng up. It doesn't look like it can go on all fours. :bulbaFacepalm:
17b468e7-e367-4fa3-8ad8-e7dc9c97da5f.sketchpad.png
See what I mean?

Been recently going through old nuzlocke comic content I made featuring the same oc and making a little history summary out of it. Since it became sort of a meme in the discord channel I'm in. It's pretty interesting to see how much can change.

improvement_meme.png
More than 10 years of improving, keep up the good work.

Been meaning to start an art thread for a while but before I do, is there any limit on file sizes of attachments? need to know whether or not I should consider compressing my images, since my canvas sizes get kinda big sometimes

Been meaning to start an art thread for a while but before I do, is there any limit on file sizes of attachments? need to know whether or not I should consider compressing my images, since my canvas sizes get kinda big sometimes
You can always embed them from another source, like Google Drive! I posted an artwork that was about 9 MB today and needed to do that, so... I'm not sure exactly what our limit is, but somewhere around that I would assume?

I could be wrong but I think anything over ~5 MB might be the limit? IIRC I had a ~7 MB image that wasn't able to embed, but I sized it down to 3 MB and it went through fine. Honestly you really won't lose much detail by just scaling it down a bit. (I'll never recommend compressing art unless it's absolutely necessary, even the highest quality .jpg never looks as good as a .png lol.) I'm looking forward to seeing your thread, too!

also hi guys, it's been a while since I last visited here :bulbaWave: How is everyone doing art-wise these days? Motivated, or not so much? Learn any cool techniques recently?
I haven't been drawing nearly as much as I would like to lately, but I sketched a few things earlier that I feel confident about finishing sometime in the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom