• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Art Gallery General Chat Thread

Also, a counterpart of physical art would be psychical art, right? I like that!!
I usually mean in comparison to digital art; since I draw both on paper and on my tablet, I feel the need to clarify which style I'm currently drawing in.

i got my digital art printed out once, does that make it physical or digital?

I would call it digital, since you original drew it on a digital platform. Though if you where to then draw over it with a pencil or the like, I would call that mixed-media.

she has one too, and mines on my wall
image.jpg

i got my digital art printed out once, does that make it physical or digital?
Wow, now it's both!!

Seriously now...

I understand why would someone prefer physical over traditional as the latter evokes 'high art' to me at least.

Also what about analogue art? As if, the term...

I don't know if we're allowed to talk about the Secret Santa event but as long as we stay ambiguous... how's everyone doing with their gift? I finished mine last weekend but I keep changing small things because I really want it to look good X) I've never gifted art before (other than requests on my art shop) so maybe that's why I'm so anxious.

I don't know if we're allowed to talk about the Secret Santa event but as long as we stay ambiguous... how's everyone doing with their gift? I finished mine last weekend but I keep changing small things because I really want it to look good X) I've never gifted art before (other than requests on my art shop) so maybe that's why I'm so anxious.
Hsiasiueiisjhdjsk I haven’t started mineee

I'm most of the way through the hardest parts of mine; just need to draw a foot, the face, some details and then just colour and add a background.

The hardest part really was choosing what to draw in the first place, there was something I'd really like to draw but I lack the confidence to be able to draw it in time.

Huh... I tend to call it analog art, rather than traditional or physical art. :hmm:

I agree that the term "traditional" can sometimes hold the implication that digital is a lesser form of art by comparison, so I don't particularly like using it; and "physical" can just get a little confusing due to stuff like prints. Analog, on the other hand, is just defined as "not involving or relating to the use of computer technology, as a contrast to a digital counterpart" — so it always just made the most sense to me. But maybe it's more uncommon than I thought?

I don't know if we're allowed to talk about the Secret Santa event but as long as we stay ambiguous... how's everyone doing with their gift?
I'm very nearly done with mine, just a bit more painting and finishing touches to do. I actually started it a while ago, but had a busy birthday week so I was gonna catch up and get it finished tonight lol. Good luck to anyone still working on theirs, I'm sure everyone's done a great job and I can't wait to see it all!

i finished a while ago

this year as my new years resolution i've been trying to draw at least one thing per day in 2024 and we're almost a month in and somehow i'm still managing to stick for it. anyone else doing something similar? :bulbaLove:

Character design is weird

on one hand I love doing it and it’s fun

then on the other hand I am currently too lazy to make a whole new design for one character so I’m dropping mudkipz’s miss americana (Taylor swift song) character into panem and she’s my district one tribute lol

I saw someone doing this on tumblr So I thought I’d try? It’s an anonymous art box and I don’t know who drew stuff! I can try and guess whats from who!

also is this the right place for this
Can you open it ?

anyone else doing something similar? :bulbaLove:
I’ve wanted to do something quite similar! Buuuut I haven’t been really that good at keeping it up at all… I did however swear to myself I’d get much more serious about my art this year as a whole (opening commissions, doing freelance work, concept practice and the like of course) so we’ll see how good I am at getting to that.

That said!! Been drawing self indulgently lately.

I want to ask a baseless question out of curiosity where everyone here stands about their art!:chansey:

What future do you see for your art? Is this a hobby for you or a career path? What goals do you have for your artistic path? Personal projects, games or something else?

What future do you see for your art? Is this a hobby for you or a career path? What goals do you have for your artistic path? Personal projects, games or something else?
hmm! Maybe when I’m older I could take commissions if I can get my procrastination under control, but for now it’s basically a hobby and I draw the things I want! Goals for it would probably be to make a webcomic of some sort!

hmm! Maybe when I’m older I could take commissions if I can get my procrastination under control
It is definitely a process of "self-discipline", so understandable. But I think every artist who wants to get even a little serious about their art should take commissions just once or twice to teach themselves this! Of course, absolutely no pressure to, I just had procrastination issues growing up and it helped me a bit to have a work ethic.

Goals for it would probably be to make a webcomic of some sort!
Go for it!! Webcomics are also a great way to challenge yourself to draw scenes or compositions you wouldn't on your own, so it's great practice while letting the idea you have spring to life! I give you major props, webcomics are something I've wanted to play with but ultimately shied away from myself because they are a big step. You got this!

My art will always just be a personal hobby. I don't intend to make money off it or do any big projects, I make art to de-stress and I feel like putting deadlines or obligations on myself defeats that purpose. Of course it's possible that things might change in the future, I'm still young and have no idea how the art world works, but right now my art is just for myself and myself alone.
I do plan on seeking a career in graphic design, it's what I've been studying, but I still want to keep that separate from my casual illustration stuff that I do now.

i feel like most of the art i do rn is a hobby thing, but hopefully if all goes well i'll be returning to college in august to do art again, so it's kinda both a hobby and a career path for me? probably a bit unsurprising but i want to do character design and just general illustration in the gaming industry ideally, but i think i'd just generally be happy w any job along those lines. but in an ideal world i could live off of commissions and doing pokemon fanart AHJDFHFDFH

also if u do open comms i'd love to comm you if i have the money when the time comes!! your art is super neat :bulbaLove: honestly i need to get around to opening comms more than once every two months and also opening more than 1 slot at a time:bulbaLol:

Back
Top Bottom