• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Art Gallery General Chat Thread

Yeah, the Woopers are really cute, Your Umbreon avatar looks amazing too, did you draw it? :)

When it comes to hair, I tend to just try to use the character I'm drawing as a reference but I've not been able to draw a realistic looking hairstyle from scratch when I've attempted it in the past. When I was making my pony version of rainbow cloud I wanted to give him an original mane/tail style but I was unable to create one that looked ok and ended up having to base it upon an official characters mane/tail style instead.

Hey y'all, I got a slight update to the Art Gallery rules for you:

Art Gallery Rules:
7. Don't offer your artwork for payment.
- It is allowed to draw free requests or do art trades.

Art Shops:
7. Don't ask payment for your services.

We totally forgot to add rules about this, but providing services in exchange for money and the like is not allowed on these forums, so neither are paid commissions. As noted, it is however fine to draw free requests or do art trades.

If you've got any questions about this, feel free to ask me or Rainbow Cloud :)

I'm great, my contract at the zoo was continued so I can stay there :D Missing my bf and cats a lot though, especially our new kitten, I only see them twice a month D: Working on finding a house here asap so they can come move here, and I will have more time for drawing too instead of traveling up and down a lot ^^;

Then I assume it was a compliment :p I mean, a lot of painters do like to represent chaos in their works, so I definitely think it was meant in a good way haha

oh yeah that happens all the time

that's because sketches are more freeform and give off motion, lineart tends to be pretty static

All of my drawings are sketches, so I don't have that problem ;p Though I do like using colored pencils to mimic or give an idea of a color palette.

I haven't drawn that much for a while, but I'd like to get back into it at some point.

I do find that that sketches don't look the way I thought they would look after colours have been added. Most of my drawings don't look exactly how I'd like them to look or how I imagined though, I have lots of creative ideas but it's really hard trying to translate them into drawings.

Yeah I often hate how sketches look after I lineart them too, like canisaries said: sketches give off more motion. Once I lineart a thing it looks so... stationary :(

Now that I've learned a bit more how to do shading and lighting, they look a bit better, but still don't have the kind of life they looked they had in the sketch ^^;

i've kind of circumvented the problem by just making rough lineart with a rough brush. or just by not doing lineart at all. at the point where i am, painting is actually easier and faster than trying to make clean smooth lines. what a strange twist of fate

Back
Top Bottom