• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Art Gallery General Chat Thread

It's been quite a time since this has been posted in. How is everyone going, four months hence?
I have managed to do... at least a bit in that time... always room for improvement productivity-wise, but... I've learnt to be less hard on myself, otherwise it's just a vicious cycle.

found out there's no legal issues with me starting commissions after all, so preparing for it by practicing and trying out different styles

I'm probably gonna do commissions at some point but I feel like figuring out prices is really difficult :T

oh definitely, a friend of mine would like a group picture with money pooled from all the people featured and he expected me to charge like $15-25 per face and meanwhile i'd been like "do i dare ask for $5 per face i feel like that's ripping them off" d:

I think the pricing would depend from the kind of work. For example, a sketch could be like 5$ while a complete work could be around 15-20$.

From what I’ve learned at the comics academy, comic covers cost around 100$ on average, and drawings for children books are fairly expensive and requested.

i do a sketch in like, five minutes tho. that's a dollar per minute and that blows my mind

What happened to the request thread? No one seems to use it. :(
People seem to prefer opening (free) art shops or taking commissions (outside the forums). Understandably so. Art shops allows you more control and gives you the chance to tell people what you're able to do and what you won't do before they request anything. As for commissions, people often want something back for their hard work. More experienced artists often do those instead.

The forums (and especially the art gallery) has also become more and more quiet as people prefer posting art on social media instead.

I want to try to... bring this thread back from the ashes.

@Rainbow Cloud and I are welcoming any suggestions/ideas anyone has as to what kinds of new things we could do in the Art Gallery. It'd be lovely to see more activity around here!

In the meantime, can you figure out this incredibly difficult puzzle? The answer is a Pokémon move!

Back
Top Bottom