• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Art Gallery General Chat Thread

The Dream World art is so nice, I love it!

But my absolute favorite is the TCG art. There's some cards that I don't like, but for the most part, I like a lot of the TCG art.

Yeah, the TCG has a lot of underrated art. A few days ago, I was looking for Munchlax avatars because i wanted to, and here's a few from the TCG.

Another really cool thing people do with the TCG is extended TCG art - they repaint the card so that the art takes up the whole card as a full picture. Like this:

Extended - by Squishy_Art
Morelull_16-149_Sun_Moon_Saya_Tsuruta_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Original TCG Card
SM1_EN_16.png

I'd like to try it but I'm 100% sure I'd just mess the card up @_@

Last edited:
Another really cool thing people do with the TCG is extended TCG art - they repaint the card so that the art takes up the whole card as a full picture. Like this:

Extended - by Squishy_Art
Morelull_16-149_Sun_Moon_Saya_Tsuruta_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Original TCG Card
SM1_EN_16.png

I'd like to try it but I'm 100% sure I'd just mess the card up @_@

Yes!!! I love that art so much! I also want to try it myself, but like you, I feel like I'd mess the card up. :c

Another Pokémon move in pictures:

How is everyone doing, those who happen to read this?
I'm P. amped for Pokémon Sword and Shield of course. It's probably going to take up... a lot of my time in the latter half of the month.

So I changed my profile picture and it's been an adventure.
  • Draw it by hand, since I have no digital equipment except Paint and a mouse.
  • Take a picture, but like half a meter / two feet away so my drawing is smaller. Otherwise, the drawing will be too big for me to post here for whatever reason.
  • Select only my drawing to be in frame and crop the rest of background out
  • Picture has bad lighting because the lightbulbs in my house all have yellow/orange tint which shows on the drawing.
  • Color fixing sucks on my phone so I transfer it to my computer so I can fix it in Word, because I have no photo editing software either.
  • Word fixes the color problem, but adds a black background in place of transparency
  • Word's background removal tool kind of sucks even though the background this time is literally just one color
  • Move it to RPG Maker to get rid of the background because RPG maker can remove a single solid color from backgrounds of sprite sheets fairly easily
  • Export it back out again without the background

I feel as though I am missing some easier solution to this problem, but I don't know what it is. :confused:

So I changed my profile picture and it's been an adventure.
  • Draw it by hand, since I have no digital equipment except Paint and a mouse.
  • Take a picture, but like half a meter / two feet away so my drawing is smaller. Otherwise, the drawing will be too big for me to post here for whatever reason.
  • Select only my drawing to be in frame and crop the rest of background out
  • Picture has bad lighting because the lightbulbs in my house all have yellow/orange tint which shows on the drawing.
  • Color fixing sucks on my phone so I transfer it to my computer so I can fix it in Word, because I have no photo editing software either.
  • Word fixes the color problem, but adds a black background in place of transparency
  • Word's background removal tool kind of sucks even though the background this time is literally just one color
  • Move it to RPG Maker to get rid of the background because RPG maker can remove a single solid color from backgrounds of sprite sheets fairly easily
  • Export it back out again without the background
I feel as though I am missing some easier solution to this problem, but I don't know what it is. :confused:
that's why i don't like using my own art as my avatar. I draw things on paper, and i can't really do it on computer, so i use other images. even though that means i can't use my kokichi munchlax drawing...sigh

that's why i don't like using my own art as my avatar. I draw things on paper, and i can't really do it on computer, so i use other images. even though that means i can't use my kokichi munchlax drawing...sigh
I only ever use TCG art if I have to, but I always feel weird using art that isn't mine. Even when I first joined this forum I would only ever use my own sprites I made in Paint as profile pictures.

At the very least, it gets me to draw again. It doesn't look too bad, although I do wish I had better quality markers.

Back
Top Bottom