• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Art Gallery General Chat Thread

reichg.png

Albrecht Von Heiliger-Didakus is silently questioning reality

I'm a little late but wait CSP has custom brush settings? Huh? How? Where? I've... just been using the default ones this whole time. :confused:
I used MediBang Paint for years and only somewhat recently made the full switch to CSP, so I feel like there's still a lot I haven't discovered in it yet. I really liked making custom brushes in MediBang though, so I'd love to see your settings!

I'm not working on anything specific per se... Last night I was doodling some concept art for the Pokémon/Deltarune crossover(?) AU thing I've had in my head for a while (yes, yes, the two things I like the most, sue me lol). I still need to polish it up though. I also need to draw some more of my OCs, since this year's Art Fight isn't too far away now.

My question for the day... What's something you guys have drawn recently that you're proud of?

I'm a little late but wait CSP has custom brush settings? Huh? How? Where? I've... just been using the default ones this whole time. :confused:
Oh man, I’m about to rock your whole world, I have sooo many brushes, some made and a lot from the ‘asset store’ for CSP (it should be a little button on the csp launcher, check it out! There’s some cool stuff. And to be fair, your art has been absolutely banging with the defaults!

I really liked making custom brushes in MediBang though, so I'd love to see your settings!
LET’S GOOOO!! I’ll make a separate post later of my other most used brushes, but my absolute favorite brush is called the ‘tulip pencil’! I got it from the asset store and lightly modified. My favorite brush to sketch with is the default mechanical pencil.

1652253449198.png

I'm not working on anything specific per se... Last night I was doodling some concept art for the Pokémon/Deltarune crossover(?) AU thing I've had in my head for a while (yes, yes, the two things I like the most, sue me lol).
Me when I draw Pokemon/Touhou LMAOOO. HONESTLY!! not enough people draw crossover stuff these days!! So go wild!! I can’t wait to see.

I also need to draw some more of my OCs, since this year's Art Fight isn't too far away now.
I always want to do art fight but never prepare in time.. LOL If you do good luck!! I’d love to see more of your OCs!

My question for the day... What's something you guys have drawn recently that you're proud of?
Uhmmm… hard to say!! haven't been too happy with my art as of late
Probably these two!! I'm still super happy with the pose on the first, and I'm proud of how well the Giratina turned out on the second (honestly... haven't drawn pokemon this complex in a long time LOL.) Might fix the leg positioning on the second, though.

1652253172299.png
1652253251820.png

Big mood... I hate when I get a huge bout of inspiration when I'm unable to draw or too tired. Usually I get inspired by music!

Reviving our art chat thread, heya gang, what have you been up to project wise? Anything in particular inspire you lately? I've been listening to a lot of EIGHTY-SIX's OST, so I hope to draw stuff of the same vibe. The zine I was going to be in got cancelled so I'm free again with my art... hoping to make some keychains!

Morris, the creator of Lucky Luke, is a big inspiration for me. Cariactures of the various souls we meet on our journeys to complete the 'Dex is something few artists have done before, and I wanna do that.

Reviving our art chat thread, heya gang, what have you been up to project wise? Anything in particular inspire you lately?
No real projects ATM — just pushing myself to draw every day these days, without too much regard for what it is, lol. I'm still a little stuck in a rut creatively, so trying new techniques and stuff is good for the soul.

Recent inspirations... err, yesterday I happened to listen to the Professor Layton and the Unwound Future OST, and the sudden nostalgia I got from hearing it pushed me to draw some related stuff... does that count? I've always loved the whole visual style of those games, and I miss them a lot :notworthy:

Huu I've been working so far ahead on my nuzlocke comic, I got more than a year's worth of buffer right now I'm actually really close to finishing the current chapter. Productivity has been at an all time high in that department. ~
I already planned in when I will change the update schedule again. Which will at lastest be at the start of August.

Otherwise, no inspiratons from anywhere lately, Just getting adjusted to my new job.

Huu I've been working so far ahead on my nuzlocke comic, I got more than a year's worth of buffer right now I'm actually really close to finishing the current chapter. Productivity has been at an all time high in that department. ~
I already planned in when I will change the update schedule again. Which will at lastest be at the start of August.
I need to start reading it! Major props to making it honestly, comics require a TON of patience!

I happened to listen to the Professor Layton and the Unwound Future OST, and the sudden nostalgia I got from hearing it pushed me to draw some related stuff... does that count? I've always loved the whole visual style of those games, and I miss them a lot
You know I did notice you tend to gravitate to warm colors much like the Layton series! I can definitely sense the same kind of vibe in your work! I should check out the OST sometime... I never got to play Layton but I saw a lot of impressive fanworks from it I adored. It's always been something I appreciated from afar.

Ughhhh, I feel like my art has lost its core 'vibe' recently. I've always been known for my 'menhera' style aesthetic, but I just haven't seen that in my newer pieces I'm working on. I'm not sure if it was me subconsciously avoiding it so my work is more sanitized for general consumption. I tended to do that in the past. I think I'm going to lean away from that though, as much a shame as it is to censor my art... it doesn't feel 'me' anymore if it isn't menhera. Here's to more sketches!

I need to start reading it! Major props to making it honestly, comics require a TON of patience!

Hope you will enjoy it once you get to it c:

Tbh tho, I've been really looking forward to the plot I'm working towards, so that really helps with keeping me motivated to keep drawing, even if the entire plot hasn't been 100% set in stone yet. ~

I used to not be that good at sticking to my comic projects. I'd start drawing 1 or 2 pages for a new project and then lost interest and dropped it. Both because i wasnt satisfied with the way i could present things, and because i hadn't really planned ahead what story I wanted to tell. I figured i could just wing it. But obviously that didn't work out.

It all just seems big and daunting when you don't have a clear sight of the endgoal I feel.

Eventually I figured out I was pretty competitively driven after joining my first Original Character Contest. I figured it was a good way to teach myself to stick to projects and learn a thing or two while participating about comicking, planning and developing and writing characters. Though the tight deadlines eventually stressed me out so much I just thought comic making wasn't for me. I could manage it... But making 30 pages in the span of 2 months is a LOT for a simple hobby...

But then I was kind of inspired to do a nuzlocke comic and i'd give it a go with a decent deadline I can easily keep up with. And here I am, having a lot of fun working this story out. ~

^ I feel that way about hair. Every now and then I spend waaay too much time on it, entirely just due to it being fun to draw.
Though I'm not at all bothered by how others might draw it; everyone has their own personal approach, and when it comes to art everyone will pay attention to something different — both the artist and the viewer. :enzap:

BTW, this year's Art Fight is starting today, for those of you who participate. I meant to prepare sooner but I think I'm gonna be stuck drawing character ref sheets for the next 3 hours... ouch

Back
Top Bottom