• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Art In Here

impervious_gakko42

Barrychan
Reaction score
Figured I'd create one of these so I don't have to keep everything on my message board. This is primarily for archive purposes; little of this is even worth being posted on my profile.

I mainly sew/embroider, but also sculpt, sketch, watercolour, photograph, photoshop, etc.

Also should note that only about 34% of projects I begin end up being finished,

#5 "Ett Tempel" (A Temple) 08-01

We were prompted to use stencil and repetition, which this could debatably qualify as. I tend to work off the prompt itself and incorporate the required materials/elements at the end. Trying to work under a specific set of guidelines kinda hampers my creativity (and not because I exclusively do everything monochrome).

The swingset has always been my temple. There used to be one in my backyard, but it was demolished years ago. I miss it terribly.

20230203_113420 (1).jpg

Emphasis & Movement, as our prompt entails. We were provided stencils, which seems kinda antithetical to movement, though my cursive is piss poor so I appreciated it. If I could remove one thing, it would be that stupid line at the bottom. No idea why I added that at the last minute. 11-02

20230315_145305 (1).jpg

#1 "Ett Stort Knotigt Träd Tänkt Av Svamp" (A Large, Knotted Tree Covered In Mushrooms) 28-10

I'm terrible at drawing texture so decided to be clever instead. If ink were erasable, I'd have the tree trunk overlap the border, but that idea occurred 2 minutes too late. The pencil lines were left for some reason, though I cannot recall if that was intentional or not. Also made like 3 grammatical errors but who's gonna notice haha

Probably my favourite, all in all, mostly because I was not obliged to use colour (my mortal enemy and worst fear). Achromatic value is fine. Colour shading is hell.

20221028_204038 (1).jpg

#3 "Det Svider!" (It Burns!") 26-10

Had fun with this one. The only sketchbook prompt I bothered with showcase and nobody liked it, however I still think it's pretty neato. I used my Cyndaquil, Bubby, as a still life subject. Yarn was a thing we had to incorporate somewhere, and although it was a pain in the ass to glue each individual strand, I like how it turned out. Textiles are the only art medium we haven't studied this year, which is saddening because it's the one art medium I have any real propensity for.

Annoying ink smudge but otherwise okay.

20221027_102217 (1).jpg

#2 "Liv Ger Faktist Henne Citroner" (Life Actually Gave Her Lemons) 27-10

Execution is intentionally sloppy. Childish, I guess. Unique prompt, more interpretation than a random object or setting in nature. If you couldn't tell, that's an egg carton full of lemons. The only two-page prompt that I actually used two pages.

20221027_202614 (1).jpg

...eggxecution.... haha

I used to share a study hall period with one of my friends, and to pass the time one of our favourite activities was going through the various story prompts on Plot Generator Mad Libs style, where one person asks for part of speech while the other gives answers. Instead of playing these in earnest as intended, we always inputted the stupidest things we could come up with, like 'wobbly,' 'USDA inspected,' or 'Ed Sheeran-looking' for adjectives; usually, the result was at least semi-amusing (or concerning, if you were our teacher), but few made us genuinely ROFL.

And then The Mangled Toes happened.

My friend couldn't even hold it through the first paragraph, and neither could I. For about 5 solid minutes we were crying and slapping the desk in uncontrollable hysterics, until we calmed down enough to finish the reading. This was back when I photoshopped as a hobby, and instantly I knew that this story needed a cover.

52665e06448e6b2762b94e8ef9d43c5e.jpg

Really, my only regret was not depicting the delicious Gucci handbag.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom