• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Art you’ve drawn that brings back fond memories

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
There are many relics in life we create that can bring back memories and transport us back in time. Art is just one those relics that can put us in a different mind.

I’d be interested to see any type of art whether it be doodles, small sketches, practice, or marvelous masterpieces! It’d also be cool to hear what memories they bring back!

I swear I have it somewhere in my boxes from my move, but I have vague memories of artwork I made for a sequel to Sonic Unleashed, with a focus more on a cyber theme, being the new transformation for Sonic in this hypothetical game (kinda predicted sonic frontiers just saying)

i have an entire sketchbook of doodles me and my friends would do during lunch. a lot of them are shitposts, some of them were games like describing a certain character and trying to guess who it was through drawing their features, some of them were two of my friends how to write in japanese. looking back, those moments don't seem like much but moments like those were the stuff that really made me get close to them.

I keep all my old art, but this one was my first digital art piece ever (done on a free drawing app on my phone with a rubber backed pen)
IMG_3598.jpeg

It’s from a school au fanfic I was writing for my friends (friend), where May and drew host a talent show which I drew here (May or may not be based off of a talent show our school did one year… let’s just say I have stage crew ptsd from that lol)

But yea this is from like… February this year? And even if you compare my art to what it was in like, June, it’s a lot better. (I got procreate in august ish and god my art is so much better)

There are a few traditional things I Drew that have very fond memories (and inside jokes. Conway and dawn in a bush. Don’t ask, Mudkipz will get it) I still have it all so maybe I can find it? (Also I have a notebook that’s pretty much just filled with Pokémon gijinka ideas. They’re old but I should take some and redraw them… maybe I’ll find it and redraw the ones you guys want me to?

I have two
scare.jpg

First digital drawing I remember finishing (March 12, 2022)

and then there's this one
puzel.jpg
i specifically remember this one becos it was the first Popjam runner-up I got- (if you don't know what Popjam was, too bad it's dead now :(
(September 9, 2022)

so much improvement

I'm seeing a lot of "first digital art I ever finished" here in this thread, and so I present to you... my first real digital art piece, from when I was 7 years old:
unknown.png
Part of me sorta wants to redraw this someday. The perspective is honestly pretty ambitious for how young I was at the time :o

I also really enjoy digging up early art of mine from when I first started to overuse effects and shading. Gradients and smudge tool and airbrush everywhere!!! :slowpoke:
unknown2.png
image2.png
image.png

From early 2011, late 2011, and 2012 respectively. The first two were OCs (of which I remember nothing about tbh), and I think the second one might have been one of the earliest things I drew with my first Wacom Bamboo Create tablet :')

...also I drew the first one with an in-browser photo editor app instead of a real paint program for some reason lol. Thankfully I later moved on to GIMP and Photoshop Elements 10.
Sure it looks a bit tacky in the present day, but as a kid still learning how to draw digitally, that stuff was fascinating to me! Looking at it now just brings back memories of discovering something new and exciting every time I sat down to draw, which is... hardly ever something that happens to me anymore. But the things I learned just by messing around on my own as a beginner have been carried with me all the way to my current art — you can still see it there in traces if you squint.

There's probably more, maybe even some recent stuff, but these are what comes to mind first.

come with me to find my old sketchbooks!
image.jpg

this is most of them I think… theyre all from dollarama lol

let’s find some art from the oldest one…

will edit once I find it, wish me luck!

ok so I’m back

couldnt find the oldest but here’s from when my artstyle was pretty much dollarama/walmart version journeys style lol

IMG_1091.jpeg

I copied off of official art (but never traced) so I think my anatomy Is ok? I should look and find all the stages of my artstyle. Wait. I’m gonna do that now

178698[/ATTACH]

IMG_1088.jpeg

IMG_1090.jpeg
these are sort of newer but you can see how my art styles Changed

Attachments

• IMG_1091.jpeg
    IMG_1091.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1089.jpeg
    IMG_1089.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
A lot of my most nostalgic art comes from middle school - like Toast, I had a lot of sketchbooks that I'd draw in with my friends during lunch. We were all in an Undertale phase back then, so we drew a bunch of chaotic Undertale stuff, and some other weird memes and inside jokes and things. Those sketchbooks are like a perfect snapshot of what our humor was like back then lol. I generally did a lot of Undertale art around that time, mostly traditional, all sorts of things with OC's and AU's and self inserts and everything else you'd expect an artsy middle schooler to make. (no images because I'm lazy :P)
I have a whole lot of Warriors art from that time period too, it was mostly comics and drawings of my own fan stories - honestly there's a kind of charm to seeing all the cringey stuff that came out of my mind as a kid. The sheer amount of lore my Clans had back in the day...

Honestly, I wish I could make as many drawings as I did back then - it feels like I used to be able to draw any random thing that came into my head, and I could fill sketchbooks in just a few weeks, but as the quality of my art has improved it's gotten harder to draw just whatever. Like I'm more concerned with making it look good rather than just getting my ideas out.

Honestly, I wish I could make as many drawings as I did back then - it feels like I used to be able to draw any random thing that came into my head, and I could fill sketchbooks in just a few weeks, but as the quality of my art has improved it's gotten harder to draw just whatever. Like I'm more concerned with making it look good rather than just getting my ideas out.
I can relate heavily with this sentiment. I have more full notebooks and files from when I first started drawing than files from the past two years.

Back
Top Bottom