• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Artists you'd liketo do another Pokemon song

Yoshi1001

Statistical Anomaly
Reaction score
I've been meaining to ask this one for a while. Which artist or artists would you like to do another Pokemon song? Could be from either the original or dub. Personally I'd really like to hear more from Kirsten Price since "I'll Always Remember You" is probably my favorite 4th generation dub song.

Now, if you had have asked which artist you'd like to do another song without the previous Pokémon song requirement I could have listed a few :p

But with the question as it is, I'll be boring and say Rica Matsumoto. I'll probably get my wish too.

Not going to lie.

Tommy February6 needs to return to Pokemon with another incredibly catchy, yet thematically bizarre, j-pop love song.

Megumi freakin' Hayashibara. I mean, COME ON.

Megumi Hayashibara, Mamoru Miyano and Aoi Yuki, PLEASE! Oh and any other Japanese band since Pocket Monsters needs more band openings. :p

I'd like to see Asuca Hayashi return someday :3 She did Chiisaki Mono/Make a Wish, which I think was one of the best songs Pokemon had to date. I'd definitely like to see what she'd bring to the table next as I'm a big fan of her voice.

Not sure on the chances of any of this happening but I'd love more KAORI songs, too, as I really thought her songs were adorable and her voice seemed very fitting for Pokemon imho.

Probably Akina Takaya, although it seems unlikely because after doing Battle Frontier she seems to have disappeared forever. I probably wouldn't mind another Naomi Tamura or Fumie Akiyoshi as well.

Mamoru Miyano. Just... Mamoru Miyano.

aokiyui, mamomiya, rica trio pls

if i had my wish pokemon would commission some of the more major/famous jrock/jpop groups buuuut

Megumi Hayashibara, and Shinichiro Miki. PREFERABLY IN A DUET ;___;

Rica, Aoi and Mamoru singing the final Best Wishes! OP or ED together would be legendary. And I'd like to hear Akina Takaya again because I really liked Battle Frontier - but that may just be me wanting another really powerful, rock-y Japanese OP, which Rica Matsumoto can do just as well.

For the dub? My first choice would be David Rolfe to not only sing but maybe co-write as well just to help with more ideas as I would like a song that relates to Ash's journey and sung in first person and along the lines of Ash becoming a Master, being unbeatable and the very best like no one ever was ;-)

Not this follow your heart, choosing the right path and being good friends message that TPCi have been consistent with since Season 9, yeah it made DP unique but after Rival Destinies, the message is across and becoming quite stale. Also, I would like to rock the house out with the type of rock used in "I Believe" and "Unbeatable".

Other artists I would like to see return if available to do so in the future would be Bree Sharp who sung "This Side of Paradise", Kirstin Price, Aaron Brotherton "This is a Beautiful World", even Jason Paige or Russell Velazquez for nostalgia's sake.

For the Japanese? All of the singers were very good, so I've got no complaints there.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom