• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Artwork

Arctozolt and Nickit's artworks are so cuuuuuuuttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :bulbaLove: :bulbaLove: :bulbaLove: :bulbaLove: :bulbaLove: :bulbaLove:

I only wish we would have gotten a reference drawing for Alister without his mask. :whistle:

I got a Drednaw plush today and I believe on the tag is its “Dream World” artwork.
098800FC-6789-4933-AF12-9D97538E6038.jpeg
Sorry for the terrible photo.

It goes without saying if you want high quality art for the gen 8 pokemon.

The SWSH Pokedex guide is well worth the 17 bucks.

High quality art of every pokemon in the galar dex.

I would imagine the art of the remainder is not too far off. They'll have to upload them eventually in order to start featuring Gen 8 Pokémon on the Pokemon.com homepage's "Featured Pokémon" section.

Why pay $17 for something that I'll eventually be able to access on Bulbapedia for free?

Lets answer your question with another question with another question.

Why would i waste phone data or space on a computer hard drive when after a one time cost look at the images whenever i choose in a book.

To each their own

Ive bought every pokemon guide or pokedex guide thats come out.

Why would i waste phone data or space on a computer hard drive when after a one time cost look at the images whenever i choose in a book.
You don't have to download the photos to view them and I figure the cost to view the photos online is lower than the cost to purchase a $17 book anyways.

But anyways, I do hope the artwork comes out soon. I'd like to see the favorite of each type picker updated with the gen 8 DreamWorld (are we still calling it that?) artwork.

But anyways, I do hope the artwork comes out soon. I'd like to see the favorite of each type picker updated with the gen 8 DreamWorld (are we still calling it that?) artwork.

I think either that or "Global Link" are used interchangeably

Frankly I'm still saline about the Dream World art due to the lack of art for ♀ Unfezant and Pyroar (though in fairness, the official Sugimori art isn't perfect on this count either... -glares at Darmanitan Zen Mode always being a problem-)

An artist on Twitter has taken it upon themselves to start updated the scanned in images by tracing over them and then adding the colors and shading work manually. They've done Impidimp and Sizzlipede so far, and they look almost exactly like official artwork.

TBH, I feel like it's a CRIME that TPCi hasn't uploaded Impidimp yet. Considering the trolling they did with it over the Summer and Fall.

Lets answer your question with another question with another question.

To each their own

Ive bought every pokemon guide or pokedex guide thats come out.
$17 worth of internet is probably enough to watch any picture's webpage a million times and still leave Internet for more.

High-res art is now available. Albeit a bit small. This might be because of Google's favorite Pokémon voting contest.

So I’ve noticed that there’s Global Link art for the gen 8 Pokémon, but the vast majority of the artwork is small in (pixel) size and of mediocre quality compared to the Global Link artwork for Pokémon of past generations. Does anyone know why that is, and if/when higher quality images will come out? Thanks.

They're all on Bulbapedia.
View attachment 133805
I've seen the gen 8 Dream World artwork on Bulbapedia, and most, if not all, of it is low quality and small. See: Orbeetle's artwork vs. Ledian's, for example.
826Orbeetle_Dream.png
166Ledian_Dream.png
And while they're of similar sizes in the spoiler tag, Orbeetle's artwork is 150x150 while Ledian's is 685x990, much larger.

That's why I was wondering if there are higher quality images around.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom