• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Artwork

I don't get why people don't like Coalossal, that render makes him look even cooler

I dislike it because they took the design away from the rolling/minecart base. I think it looks like it could have been a Galarian Rhydon rather than a Rolycoly evolution. Although, I do understand that it is essentially a minecart that eventually becomes a mine in itself, but I wish it had stayed with the base concept.

renders

I dislike it because they took the design away from the rolling/minecart base. I think it looks like it could have been a Galarian Rhydon rather than a Rolycoly evolution. Although, I do understand that it is essentially a minecart that eventually becomes a mine in itself, but I wish it had stayed with the base concept.

I'd say it becomes more of a furnace rather than a mine, especially when Gigantamaxed

That said, while I do think it would have been cool to keep the locomotion aspect, Coalossal is still a Q.T. <3

Last edited:
I don't get why people don't like Coalossal, that render makes him look even cooler

I don't dislike Coalossal...I just don't like how it's evolution line progressed. Taken on its own it's fine, I mean I like Aggron.

I was just so ready for a big beast on wheels. (and to be fair I don't think it's unreasonable to have been expecting that)

honestly, this is why serebii is popular nowadays. Bulbapedia is slowly falling in use. If they could just allow regular users to help, maybe we'll be half as good as Serebii in the Sword and Shield department.

What? It seems like Bulbapedia and Serebii have the same usage. Heck, Bulbapedia may even have slightly more usage considering it almost always appears as a search result above Serebii.

What? It seems like Bulbapedia and Serebii have the same usage. Heck, Bulbapedia may even have slightly more usage considering it almost always appears as a search result above Serebii.
Bulbapedia is better for me due to the Biology, trivia, origin and name origin sections.

One area Serebii beats it in is the news imo. The latest bit of news on Bulbanews is still Sirfetch'd reveal, while the Serebii news Page must’ve been updated a thousand times.

I don't dislike Coalossal...I just don't like how it's evolution line progressed. Taken on its own it's fine, I mean I like Aggron.

I was just so ready for a big beast on wheels. (and to be fair I don't think it's unreasonable to have been expecting that)

Maybe they just couldn't figure out a way to have Coalossal realistically be on wheels without just looking like a bigger minecart?

Or it could be another Wartortle and Blastoise situation and 2 diffrent lines of coal monsters were merged into one line.

Personally they both have pros and cons. Serebii is vastly superior if I just need to look something up really quick like where to find a Pokémon or item, what a Pokémon's base stats are or what moves it can learn. Joe has also pretty much cornered the market on news for all branches of the franchise, and I find that his sections on game features (Curry, Poké Pelago, Photo Club, clothes, you name it) are often more practical and comprehensive.

But I also like Bulbapedia for the more polished presentation, the trivia/origins like PkmnTrainerV mentioned, character quotes that I might need to reference, and the factual depth of various articles. But I'm also a
Spr_RG_Super_Nerd.png
who gets into lore and shit whereas I imagine that most people who search for something about Pokémon are probably looking for something related to gameplay.

I had it pre-ordered and got an email yesterday to say that it would be delivered on the 28th, but the release date is still listed as today. My guess is that they over sold it.
I cancelled my order and re-ordered it through Game who say it should be delivered tomorrow.

Amazon here changed it on the 25th (yesterday) to December 3rd. Many retailers said the release date was today (the 26th) but no one has it in my (very large metro) part of TX

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom