• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Artwork

Twitter thread with the concept art.

Also considering how young Melony's youngest sons are, she's probably in her 40s.

So from that I'm gathering that Melony has five children - two daughters and three sons (the eldest of whom is Gordie).

And yeah, I would have guessed 40s for her, or late 30s at least.

Wow, I could have sworn I read Melony and Gordie were siblings. My apologies :)

Though I do think it's a bit odd that Melony isn't really mentioned at all in Sword.

I find this really weird as well. I love the concept of version exclusive Gym Leaders, but wish they explained it a bit better. Like, in Shield, is Gordie not a Gym Leader or are they both Gym Leaders who share a Gym? If the latter, how do they change the interior of the Gym to match the types without it being a massive renovation?

I love that they included a young Opal <3

Last edited:
I find this really weird as well. I love the concept of version exclusive Gym Leaders, but wish they explained it a bit better. Like, in Shield, is Gordie not a Gym Leader or are they both Gym Leaders who share a Gym? If the latter, how do they change the interior of the Gym to match the types without it being a massive renovation?
Geordie is mentioned in passing after fighting Melony. She hopes one day after the player becomes champion they'll be able to fight him.

Geordie on the other hand seems like the "finds his mother annoying" type so he doesn't want to mention her at all. I mean you get a rock varsity jacket at the boutique called "bitter rock". So he probably bitter over being compared to her or something so he never mentions her in his fight in an attempt to be his own person.

As for the renovations, I've seen footage of the fighting gym, it's exactly the same as the ghost gym puzzle other than having boxing gloves and zombie hands. So I guess the puzzles are easy outfit for any type. And I'm pretty sure the version exclusives are relegated to the minor leagues in their respective games.

Last edited:
Like, in Shield, is Gordie not a Gym Leader or are they both Gym Leaders who share a Gym?

According to the producers, there are actually 18 Gyms in Galar - one for each type. Once a year, the Gym Leaders compete among themselves to see which Gyms will qualify to be part of the Major League, which comprises the eight Gyms that the upcoming annual slate of Gym Challengers will need to defeat. The ten that do not qualify are relegated to the Minor League, which does not actually appear in these games and has no bearing on the actual Gym Challenge or the Championship Cup. In Sword, we're meant to assume that Gordie and Bea qualified for the Major League, whereas in Shield, Melony and Allister qualified instead. So they don't "share" their Gyms, but in Shield, Gordie would be a Minor League Gym Leader in some unseen part of the region.

Last edited:
It appears this page is after the concept art pages and i personally like how it looks.

Personally, I really like Skwovet and Greedunt's official art, the poses are super cute.

I can't help but feel like they're the blandest regional rodent... Especially since there was that absolutely amazing squirrel fakemon going round the internet previously...

and of course the bulbapedian moderators won't bother use the art we are obliging to post because they think they are perfect and the art
must be confirmed before usage.
honestly, this is why serebii is popular nowadays. Bulbapedia is slowly falling in use. If they could just allow regular users to help, maybe we'll be half as good as Serebii in the Sword and Shield department.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom