• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Artwork

The official artwork of Galarain Rapidash looks sooooooo much nicer than it's model. Something about its face in the model looked really weird to me at first, and tho now I've gotten used to it after using one on my team, the art does it so much more justice.

It's also great to see the official art of my baby Dracozolt :bulbaLove:

I hope when the time comes, and the clean art for everything is finally put up on the official site, they don't do what they did in 2016 with the Pokémon that were held back until after release and just fill their biographies with their in-game Dex entries. It wasn't so bad in that case, because they revealed so many Pokémon beforehand (I mean, that was bad, but this was the silver lining), but here, we only got a handful shown before the games came out, and yet I really like reading the more detailed notes that the official site tends to provide. Like, you wouldn't know that Naganadel's brain is in its abdomen just from the games themselves. Only the official USUM site mentions that. Similarly, only the Sun & Moon site told us, for example, why Alolan Marowak changed its form.

Last edited:
Amazon here changed it on the 25th (yesterday) to December 3rd. Many retailers said the release date was today (the 26th) but no one has it in my (very large metro) part of TX

The one I ordered from Game arrived on Saturday 23rd. I'm really surprised at the problems Amazon seems to be having with this, my guess is they have taken more pre-ordered than they could actually fulfill.
Unfortunately, the guidebook doesn't have any new artwork other than what was already shown on Twitter. I guess we will have to wait for either the official sites or the Pokedex book to come out for the rest of the artworks.

The one I ordered from Game arrived on Saturday 23rd. I'm really surprised at the problems Amazon seems to be having with this, my guess is they have taken more pre-ordered than they could actually fulfill.
Unfortunately, the guidebook doesn't have any new artwork other than what was already shown on Twitter. I guess we will have to wait for either the official sites or the Pokedex book to come out for the rest of the artworks.

None of the GameStops or B&Ns have it in stock either. Which is super freaking odd to me.

From Serebii's Twitter:

IMG_20191127_145634.png
IMG_20191127_145641.png
IMG_20191127_145643.png
IMG_20191127_145646.png
IMG_20191127_145648.png
IMG_20191127_145652.png
IMG_20191127_145654.png

Kinda off topic, but what's the black fluff on the front of Raboot's "sweatshirt"? It feels random...

It's like a pocket. During its animation in Camp, it will tuck its hands into them. It really threw me off at first too when the artwork originally leaked, but seeing it animated makes it look super adorable.

I know we'll have the rest of the official art soon when the Pokedex guide comes out, but while we wait I wanted to share this:

S2-Rebellious-Crash.jpg
Toxtricity-V.jpg

These are dummy images from the second Sword and Shield TCG set coming out in Japan next year. I am assuming this is Toxtricity's official artwork, which, if I'm honest, I find a little underwhelming and was hoping for a more dynamic pose.

Last edited:
Good to know I got something right again. After someone pointed out that the card was not explicit about that (because I could have sworn the card said that), I thought I misread it.
It was all in context clues.

Whoever didn't take "high profile fight with her son" on the card with Gordie on it, especially after realizing her other sons are babies and the second oldest is one of her daughter who looks like she's 12, probabaly didn't know how to read.

Or had Sword. Because honestly the way Melony talks about him is like Holly from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure talking about Jotaro or any other happy-go-lucky anime mom talking about how lovely her rebel borderline abusive son is.

It also didn't help that the character sheet only pointed out three sons, an eldest daughter, and left the youngest daughter unlabeled. But again, having her daughter be labeled as eldest means it was also context clues.

Wait, Gordie is like that?

As far as I know, she only mentions him once, and even then it's just her saying, "If you happen to see my son, be sure to give him a right thrashing" which to me just reads like a British-flavoured joke.

This Twitter Thread has most Pokémon except Eternatus & Arrokuda, scanned from the official guide:

View: https://twitter.com/PokeliYT/status/1205572614204329989

Apparently there’s no art for Darmanitan Zen Mode

... again

(Before anyone says it, the “official art” of Unovan Zen Mode came from a Daisuki Club site about form changes. Same for Castform’s forms and naked Burmy. I don’t think it’s been confirmed that those were done by Sugimori? I think the Burmy and Castform arts definitely look off compared to his style.)

Kind of weird that there is no consistensy about Nessa's skin colour. The art in the book has her skin way lighter than the official art released through the website and the game model.

The Falinks art is really good. Just like the Fossils. They're so adorable.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom