• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

As Luck Would Have It

pokechamp116

THE ULTIMATE PSYCHO
Reaction score
As Luck Would Have It

You ever have one of those days where everything just falls apart? It all started with my pet Furret, Scout. He had been sick for quite a while now, and was getting a bit old.

“I’m sorry to say this, Mr. Sauter, but Scout is barley hanging on. The cancer has spread too far. There’s not much we can do. He’s awake now if you want to see him. It’s best you say your goodbyes while you can.”

I walked into the room to see my poor little pokemon. The annoying little *beep* *beep* sound from the heart monitor was the only sound for a while.

“…Fuurret…” squeaked Scout. I wanted to pick the poor little guy up and squeeze the crap outta him, but in his state it would only break his spine. I rubbed his little frail head. I just broke out in crying. I had been with this dear little soul for fifteen years, what would you expect? I could almost feel his understanding as he curled up to me as much as he could.
*Beep* *Beep* *Beeeeeeeeeeeep!!!*

I left the hospital with a sense of dread. Then my phone started ringing. I was hoping it was Sierra, my fiancée. It was, but not as I expected.

“John? It’s me, Sierra.” She said in a melancholy tone. “I know you’ve been going through some hard times, so I really don’t want to drop this kind of thing on you. But if I don’t, I may not have the courage to later. So, here’s the thing, I’m having second thoughts about getting married. I’ve been doing some serious thinking, and I just don’t think we’re right for each other. I hope we can still be friends though. See ya later…” *click!*

I almost broke right then and there. I leaned my head against the steering wheel of my truck for support. Life had just back-handed me in the face with its ring finger. Then that little evil device my ex-fiancée used to stab my heart rang again. It was my doctor with even more bad news and an appointment with my name on it. What else did I have to lose? How about my Life?

“I know you’re a man of few words, Mr. Sauter, so I’ll cut to the chase. Whatever gave your pet Scout cancer, also gave it to you. And it saddens me to say that you have just as little chance as he did.”

“There’s got to be something I can do!” I screamed.

“Well, there is one thing, but with dire consequences. Are you sure you want to do this?”

“I don’t care! I would rather live a horrible life than none at all!”

“You don’t know how happy I am to here that, Mr. John Sauter.” Uh-oh. He said my full name. That can’t be good. It wasn’t. My doctor went to the back of the room and pressed a series of keys on what looked like a home security keypad.

“He’s ready. Come get him now.” He said into the device.
Two burly men walked out of a door that was nearly invisible on the wall. They picked me up by the shoulders and half carried half dragged me through a series of halls. They finally entered a room and plopped me down onto an operating table. A doctor walked in holding a needle full of green liquid. He stabbed it into my neck and drained the liquid. I would have screamed if it wouldn’t have hurt so badly.

My body started shaking uncontrollably. My bones felt like they were being ripped apart, and my muscles were on fire. My insides were bursting! The doctor yanked the needle out of my neck and I howled louder than an Exploud. After the most intense pain I’ve ever felt and more, I started to feel dizzy. Everything started spinning and I couldn’t tell what was happening anymore. I completely blacked out.

Ch.2

My whole underside was cold, so very cold. I was slowly regaining consciousness, and I tried to move as little as possible. It hurt to breathe, my everything was throbbing. I eventually got used to the pain, and tried to open my eyes to see what was happening, or where I was.

I was met with nothingness. When my eyes got used to the light and stopped hurting, I could make out several holes in a gray wall that were probably supposed to let in light and air, but the world outside was just as dark as the one I was in.

I lay there for a while, collecting my thoughts. What happened to me? Where could I be? Why does God hate me? All these questions and more passed through my head when it all rushed back to me.

I went to put my hand to my head when I felt something strange. My brow was unnaturally hairy. And there was some strange… thing on my forehead. I went to put my hand down, when I saw something that completely turned my head around.

My hand had been turned into a paw! I could barely make it out, but there was definitely a change of fingers. I played around a bit, and discovered my claws. They were surprisingly sharp.

But enough about that, I thought, what the hell happened to me? That doctor! That injection! The pain! So, what's the damage? I tried to position myself in this cramped metal space so I could see myself. After several failed attempts, not happening, I thought. Then, light burst through the holes in my….thing. I officially decided to call it a cage. I was an animal in a cage, how perfect! But that was the least of my worries.

The part of my cage with the holes slid upwards, and light flooded in. I was temporarily blinded, but then I heard voices.

"Subject E-209, John Sauter. The cancer was completely decimated." Well that's good news, I thought. "The transformation was successful, and is complete. Vital signs are regular, and subject should be waking soon." Transformation? So it is all their fault!

"Good, good. Move him to holding pen 304 then. When he awakens, move him to the observation room. I'll be waiting."

"Yes sir, Mister Slater Sir!" said the first voice militarily.

I could feel the cage being pulled forward and drop suddenly. I let out a small whelping noise as I was now vertical. Then I was carried a small distance to what I guess was the "holding pen" I had heard about. I was horizontal again as the cage was slid forward once more. Then the front part of my cage slid open and I was forced out by the back part.

The holding pen was a small, but bigger then the cage, space that had a water bowl and a dish of kibble. I slowly crawled to the water so I could use it as a mirror to see what these people had done to me.

I was startled to see that my brown hair had been replaced by lavender fur, which was strangely in a similar fashion as my old hair was, with a little sideways piece of it covering my eye.

My deep, blue eyes had gotten somewhat bigger, and way deeper than I remembered. There was some sort of red Jewel on my forehead, which explained the bump. And my ears were so massive! And pointy! I turned around, and sure enough, there was the long Y-shaped tail that marked me as an Espeon. The psychic-type Eevee evolution.

My brain was worried about my appearance, but my stomach wasn't. I was almost forced over into the kibble bowl, but my mouth wouldn't work because of the shock I was experiencing. A pokemon? A pokemon! A god-forsaken pokemon!

I decided that, whatever happened next, I would need strength, so I took a bite of Kibble. My eyes widened to find out that the pokemon chow was super delicious! I finished the bowl in ten seconds flat! But eating may not have been the best idea, because even though I did not know it, I had a very angry cell-mate with me who was hungry too.

WARNING! FROM HERE ON OUT, THE STORY IS RATED T FOR LANGUAGE
Plus, I rewrote this chapter
Chapter 3: TechNet

"Now why'd you have to go and eat all the kibble mate? Haven't you ever heard of sharing?"

"Uh, um, well, I, didn't, um, know you were, um, sorry?" I stuttered as I backed towards the edge of the pen.

"Well, the only way for me to eat now is to eat it straight outta you!" bellowed the mass emerging out of the corner. As it slinked out of the shadows, I could make out what it was. An Ice-blue reptile with red spikes and a big jaw lumbered towards me in a menacing fashion.

An angry Croconaw stood before me, staring at me like I was an all-you-can-eat buffet, with a salad bar.

He reared his head back and opened his jaw, probably aiming straight for my stomach or throat. A flash of yellow and blue flew straight toward me. I thought I was going to crap myself at that very moment.

Then I had a huge head-ache for some reason. I tried to open my eyes, but every time they were greeted with the sight of a tongue with razor sharp teeth. The son of a bitch was gnawing at my head!

Then, I had a stroke of luck! The grunt that put me here snatched the Croconaw from my head and put him in a small cage. It took a bit of force to get Croconaw to let go, but my head was free! He carried the snapping pokemon into another room, and I collapsed!

They really messed up that one, I thought. Or at least, I think I thought that.

No, that was me. Up here, in the third cage to the left. I looked up to where the voice instructed. A small Abra was sitting straight up in its cage asleep.

Who are you?

I was a human once, much like you. But now I'm an Abra. They've changed me just as they've changed you. Except that I don't have as many psychic powers as an Abra should. They called me a failed experiment.

They? Define, please.

TechNet. It started out as a genetic company, and it all went down hill. Power and corruption and all that crap. Your little buddy there is being constantly injected with steroids. It's really gonna suck when he gets back.

But what do they want with me?

Look, I'm not Wikipedia. They want something different with all of us. You're a psychic type too, figure it out for yourself. But not right now, another grunt is coming.

The little yellow bastard was right. I was soon swept away and put in a room with one of those one way mirrors. A doctor in a big white lab coat walked over to me and injected me with a fluid that was just like the stuff I was injected with on that table. The rigorous pain returned, just TWENTY TIMES WORSE! It's a good thing I passed out sooner or I would have died!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom