• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ASH AND ALOLA LEAGUE

ManUtd22

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

In this thread and after doing a new version for pokemon which is shield and sword so all ensure that ash lose so what do you think? Do you want a good match for ash that allows us to be proud from him? Is there any new rookie and annoying players that will beat him or a new friendly player? Do you think that we will be proud from this league or not? Can they allow a girl to win finally in league or a new boy player?

And thank yo every much

Unless the writers decide to have a very random trainer win the league, my prediction is it will be Gladion. He is the most serious one in the series when it comes to battling. We will see Guzma this week but I don't expect the staff to let him win.

I don't have very high expectations from the League battles based on the Trial battles and overall the way SM series handles the battles that we happen to have seen so far. I just hope it will not be as dull as Ash's battle to Hapu.

Gladion is the main rival, and also exists in the games. That alone prevents him from beating Ash in the league.

Under normal circumstances, I'd think the winner would be Kukui due to all the hype. But for him to organize a league just to win it would be cheap. Then, Alain decided to participate in the league at the very last minute and was doing shady things, so...

The most likely candidates to beat Ash at the league are
#1) Kukui, due to his already strong pokemon and persona
#2) Random trainer that knocks him out at the final round, albeit by legendaries or just being a generally strong trainer
#3) Nobody. The staff views this as similar to the orange league and let him win and send him on to the next region like they did with Johto

The most likely candidates to beat Ash at the league are
#1) Kukui, due to his already strong pokemon and persona
#2) Random trainer that knocks him out at the final round, albeit by legendaries or just being a generally strong trainer
#3) Nobody. The staff views this as similar to the orange league and let him win and send him on to the next region like they did with Johto

It can't be viewed as similar to the Orange League because that was a filler arc. This is an actual canon league in a canon region in a full series.

IMO:

• Kukui seems likely to beat Ash, but I don't think he'll win the league. They've really been keeping most of his cards hidden for now, and the apprentice-master relationship would be a good send off to the league.
  • Hau is a wild card for the time being. Same with Ilima.
  • Gladion is unlikely, because they're really, and I mean REALLY, trying to make Ash the underdog in that match-up repeatedly.
  • Kaki is near impossible, same as any other classmate that may join the league.
  • A random trainer might win the league, but there are already a lot of known faces who'll likely participate.
  • Finally, there's the VERY slim chance they let Ash win in response to the Kalos league backlash (and SM itself being more keen on taking risk). Likely scenario would be for him to lose against the E4 soon after, if this ever happened.

IMO:

• Kukui seems likely to beat Ash, but I don't think he'll win the league. They've really been keeping most of his cards hidden for now, and the apprentice-master relationship would be a good send off to the league.
  • Hau is a wild card for the time being. Same with Ilima.
  • Gladion is unlikely, because they're really, and I mean REALLY, trying to make Ash the underdog in that match-up repeatedly.
  • Kaki is near impossible, same as any other classmate that may join the league.
  • A random trainer might win the league, but there are already a lot of known faces who'll likely participate.
  • Finally, there's the VERY slim chance they let Ash win in response to the Kalos league backlash (and SM itself being more keen on taking risk). Likely scenario would be for him to lose against the E4 soon after, if this ever happened.
He wouldn’t win Ash
Because Next region is coming lol

Personally, I'm Team Gladion. Considering that he's training very often (unlike a certain rival of his) and that he's shown to be consistently stronger than Ash, I expect the edge lord to win the league.

Alternatively, they could have Ash loose to Kuk... I mean, The Masked Royal.
Gladion is unlikely, because they're really, and I mean REALLY, trying to make Ash the underdog in that match-up repeatedly.

Well, the same could be said about Alain in XYZ. And Ash still lost to him at the league.

I think Gladion will win
he is much stronger pokemon team also
Gladain Lycanroc had a lot of episodes why not give it its own page lol
we seen his personality shown he was caring to Ash rockruff. He also shown to have good eyes by his trainer and shows to be protective of Ash rockruff knowing it was injured and trying to defend it from diety/god pokemon. Shown by his owner he independent and able to defend itself as his trainer didn't seem to worry too munch

Personally, I'm Team Gladion. Considering that he's training very often (unlike a certain rival of his) and that he's shown to be consistently stronger than Ash, I expect the edge lord to win the league.

Well, the same could be said about Alain in XYZ. And Ash still lost to him at the league.
like i said on top it seems to make sense both that Gladian will win and his Pokémon

Alain wasn't a game character. He was anime original, just like everyone Ash has lost to.

Alain also wasn't the main rival like Gladion is. Gladion belongs to the same category as Gary, Paul, Trip, and Sawyer.

And no, Gladion has not been shown to be stronger than Ash. The whole reason he started training after the Aether Arc was because Ash is stronger than him. He's training to keep up with Ash after being surpassed by him.

Alain wasn't a game character. He was anime original, just like everyone Ash has lost to.

Alain also wasn't the main rival like Gladion is. Gladion belongs to the same category as Gary, Paul, Trip, and Sawyer.

And no, Gladion has not been shown to be stronger than Ash. The whole reason he started training after the Aether Arc was because Ash is stronger than him. He's training to keep up with Ash after being surpassed by him.
But most of those characters u listed weren’t they original as well not from game

By the way what about Gladain Pokémon having their own pages of personality

Alain wasn't a game character. He was anime original, just like everyone Ash has lost to

Patterns can be broken. Otherwise, by that logic, Ash wouldn't have caught a Mythical (Meltan), Team Rocket would still be blasting off, Ash would be traveling the region instead of being stuck in the same place over and over, he wouldn't have gone to Kanto mid-journey and then return to Alola, the number of traveling companions wouldn't be so big... I think you get my point.

Who's to say Gladion doesn't stand a chance at winning the league because he's a "game character" and Ash's main rival, just because it happened to other rivals who met on of these criterias in the past?

Well, Bulbapedia sure makes it seem like both Alain and Sawyer were Ash's main rivals (during XYZ, at least):
Bulbapedia said:
During the second part of his Kalos journey, however, Ash struck up serious rivalries with Alain and Sawyer. Alain wished to test the unique power of Ash and his Greninja, while Sawyer looked up to Ash and made it his goal to surpass him.
Tell me that that ^ doesn't, at the very least, imply that Alain is among Ash's main rivals in Kalos.

Yes, he has been. He's defeated Ash in every battle he's had with him, which shows that him and his team are stronger than Ash and his Pokémon. The reason he decided to take the Island Challenge is because he was so astonished by Ash's 10,000,000 Volts Thunderbolt (which more of a Deus Ex Machina (or, an Ash Pull, if you will) than a testament to Ash's strength), that he decided to train even harder in order to achieve that level of strength. He says so in SM055.

Patterns can be broken. Otherwise, by that logic, Ash wouldn't have caught a Mythical (Meltan), Team Rocket would still be blasting off, Ash would be traveling the region instead of being stuck in the same place over and over, he wouldn't have gone to Kanto mid-journey and then return to Alola, the number of traveling companions wouldn't be so big... I think you get my point.

Who's to say Gladion doesn't stand a chance at winning the league because he's a "game character" and Ash's main rival, just because it happened to other rivals who met on of these criterias in the past?

Well, Bulbapedia sure makes it seem like both Alain and Sawyer were Ash's main rivals (during XYZ, at least):

Tell me that that ^ doesn't, at the very least, imply that Alain is among Ash's main rivals in Kalos.

Yes, he has been. He's defeated Ash in every battle he's had with him, which shows that him and his team are stronger than Ash and his Pokémon. The reason he decided to take the Island Challenge is because he was so astonished by Ash's 10,000,000 Volts Thunderbolt (which more of a Deus Ex Machina (or, an Ash Pull, if you will) than a testament to Ash's strength), that he decided to train even harder in order to achieve that level of strength. He says so in SM055.

The trip to Kanto isn't a pattern-breaker, it was forced because of the show's 20th anniversary. None of the stuff you listed are pattern-breakers.

As for Alain, the New Year's history special didn't include him among Ash's rivals, but Sawyer was included.

And Ash and Gladion were clearly evenly matched in their last battle, with Gladion only winning due to pulling an Ash Pull himself. Rockruff vs Lycanroc was interrupted, and Type: Null is a legendary. It's hard to really say who's stronger when Ash has only ever used one Pokemon (Rockruff/Lycanroc) against him.

Last edited:

I was curious about Gladaion Pokémon not having their own pages we seen their personality and characteristics should they have their own pages by now

So did they leave any sliver of opportunity that Kahili could be in the league in her episode (I only watch the dub)? I was really hoping all along that she could be in the league since she was in what was essentially the equivalent in the games, I thought she would be a good opportunity to have a girl win the league for once. I wonder just how many random participants/total participants we will even have, considering it isn't something people would have been striving for over long periods of time like other established leagues.

I was thinking maybe Acerola could also be a slight possibility to compete, but the way she was portrayed in this series (I actually liked her character quite a bit - at least for how I feel about this series) doesn't seem to make me think she's the same elite four type trainer she was in the games. Considering her main pokemon is...dead and I don't think she really caught Gengar, so she was only seen with a Shuppet that could battle, so that would really put her in the same boat as the main girls, so even though she was elite four in the games, it sadly doesn't seem like she could legitamely be a threat to win the league, but just maybe she has a bunch of other Pokemon and could be surprisingly strong, which given the relationship she has with Ash would be pretty interesting if she showed up and was a strong competitor.

Last edited:
I kinda hope its at least Hau who beats Ash. It makes sense since by the end of USUM he is the final challenge. Ash has lost to Gladion twice now and it would suck if they pulled an Alain and never let him beat a big rival.
I was curious what do you think what I say about gladaion Pokémon personality

Hi everybody,

In this thread and after doing a new version for pokemon which is shield and sword so all ensure that ash lose so what do you think? Do you want a good match for ash that allows us to be proud from him? Is there any new rookie and annoying players that will beat him or a new friendly player? Do you think that we will be proud from this league or not? Can they allow a girl to win finally in league or a new boy player?

And thank yo every much

For the record, this will not be an ordinary League.

This will be a Don Battle Tournament with the dressing of a League. Everyone is participating.

And subsequently, all eyes on the narrative. Especially with your boy Guzma.

We should always remember that Ash did win a League: The Orange League. And that didn't stop him from going to Johto.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom